Reviews for Strange and Invisible History
MadisonTheRed chapter 86 . 9/29
Last bit seems a bit ominous. And Anu is cute as a button! He reminds me of Hermione at the beginning of this story.
MadisonTheRed chapter 85 . 9/28
The interlude between Alise and Scabior was creepily touching, as was the reunion between Bellatrix and Sirius. There seems to be a shift in tone, suggesting that Hermione and Viktor are sort of beyond having to bow and scrape to the caprices of Tom Riddle, but I guess we shall see.
MadisonTheRed chapter 84 . 9/28
I guess the people of Bulgaria are pleased with this turn of events. I say, good! One less thing to get tormented over.
MadisonTheRed chapter 83 . 9/28
I had to backtrack a couple of times in order to really understand what it was that Hermione did. Cool ending, with the return of Sirius Black.
MadisonTheRed chapter 82 . 9/28
Uh-oh! Hermione has an idea! I recommend that Rodolphus see a psychiatrist, as he seems a touch out of touch with reality...
MadisonTheRed chapter 81 . 9/28
It seems that Bellatrix's loyalties to her daughter have finally superseded those to Voldemort. However, I think that Hermione, who most likely will become a head of state, can't indulge her parents in their political views anymore. What will define Bellatrix Lestrange's personhood when her identity can no longer be the "Dark Lord's Most Faithful?"
MadisonTheRed chapter 80 . 9/27
I don't know if I'm reading Rodolphus's character correctly, as the narration described him as merely "being fond" of his wife, but I've noticed that he's always there to emotionally support Bellatrix, whereas nobody else really can (besides Narcissa, to a point). This indicates to me that he deeply cares for her (rather than shallowly being merely "fond" of her). I thought the interaction between Bellatrix and Hermione was badly needed-its always such a pleasure to read about their relationship.
MadisonTheRed chapter 79 . 9/27
I'm half shocked that the conflagration ended so quickly. However, it appears that another battle is about to be fought in Bulgaria's capital city.
MadisonTheRed chapter 78 . 9/27
Hermione's tactic of having the women shout at the wolves/conscripts was pretty ingenious. This model of warfare reminds me of early medieval battles as recorded in the chronicles. Harming women, children, and holy men was seen as the mark of the "other," and reprehensible. But I guess such things are inevitable, here.
MadisonTheRed chapter 77 . 9/27
Anu Tamm is a fabulous addition to this cast of characters. It'll be exciting to see what he turns into (because we know, from foreshadowing earlier in the story, that he lives and goes on to defeat an evil wizard and become famous).
MadisonTheRed chapter 76 . 9/27
Scabior The Philosopher. Ironically, he does have some insightful things to say, actually. And thank God Rinky has returned to Hermione's side (this will hopefully healthfully impact her psyche/equilibrium). Draco can't mean to use children to fight the wolves, can he (I have a bad feeling that is EXACTLY where this is going)...
MadisonTheRed chapter 75 . 9/26
Hermione's first kill...among other *firsts* that took place in this installment. I always think the description of how her world narrows, almost preternaturally, when she engages in a fight is super-powerful-even though Viktor let Hermione step on his foot during the wedding ceremony, I imagine that their partnership will continue to be egalitarian in nature.
MadisonTheRed chapter 74 . 9/26
My sense of morality is being tested again in having a fourteen year old girl (really, thirteen years old, if you acknowledge she was born in 1981) marry in the prelude to war. Speaking of, Pavel's reliance on the idea that English troops will invade Bulgaria doesn't seem likely to happen-his tactics in burning villages will most likely come back to bite him in the ass.
MadisonTheRed chapter 73 . 9/26
You know the situation is bad when Bellatrix doesn't bother with eyeliner...The events here have to be the absolute worst thus far. Will what happened at the end be the tipping point for "The Dark Lord's Most Faithful?"
MadisonTheRed chapter 72 . 9/26
Nice. To separate the children from their parents...When are they going to tell Voldemort no? What will it take? Deliberately murdering one of them in front of an audience?