Reviews for While the Soul is Awake
Tori-Bird627 chapter 1 . 11/17/2014
Heart breaking but very well done and, as most of your stories seem to find them selves, Favorited.
Katlover98 chapter 1 . 10/11/2013
This was so sad and so... I don't know... BEAUTIFUL. Sam's soul was still grateful even though it thought it was in hell. Made me cry T_T
Parnassus chapter 1 . 9/15/2013
"He knew he couldn't heal Sam or his soul, even touching Sam's soul caused it more pain than any human soul could be expected to bear, but Cas kept his hand there, and felt Sam's soul touch him again. Grateful, again. It didn't even question why Cas wasn't pulling it free from hell, it only touched Cas' hand and offered thanks that it hadn't been entirely forgotten in hell." - That was where I teared up. A short piece but so beautifully poignant. Sam's soul still doesn't believe it deserves to be saved and yet he's still the most selfless, caring person - broke my heart. Wonderfully written.
ccase13 chapter 1 . 11/1/2011
Castiel and Dean would be very reassuring to poor Sam's soul when it got out of hell.
minaghostwolf chapter 1 . 3/12/2011
This was really good. Very touching moments between Cas and Sam's soul. It was well written. :)
Kubi-Beutlin chapter 1 . 2/19/2011
I don't know how you did it, but while reading this my mind made up this shining, bright, somewhat squishy little ball of light called Sam's soul. No I can't stop thinking about it, it's the cutest thing ever. Hard to describe, just like a graceful, glorious...flubber of light I guess. And cas holding it in his hand as if it were made of glass. Oh god, that is so damned heartbreaking... loved your story. The interaction between the two was really really great. I think they need more screentime together, think they could really bond, since cas is probably the only one who has a chance to understand what sam went through.
Twinchy chapter 1 . 2/18/2011
Beautiful, soft and careful first attempt at bringing peace (or at least as much as possible at this point) to Sam's tortured soul.

Cas is right beating himself up over his involvement in bringing on the Apocalypse and forcing Sam and Dean into their respective roles therein but he can still lend a careful hand and help the brothers. And that he does which will eventually bring him peace as well, I think.

LOL at Castiel 'fearing' big brother Dean's reaction. The Winchester boys can be a hand-ful... Bobby will surely be able to tell a tale about that as well. hehe

Lovely idea for a tag and well done, Clair.
doyleshuny chapter 1 . 2/11/2011
That was so sweet and yet very sad. To be honest I'm really afraid for Sammy. He didn't deserve everything that's happening. If anything that kid should be safe and sound with his big brother. Instead he's extremely vulnerable. If that wall collapses it will take Sams sanity with it. This was very well done. I loved it.
pandora jazz chapter 1 . 2/10/2011
I like how you wrote Castiel in this story. I've been trying to figure him out this season.

It was rough that Sam's soul still believed it was in hell, but loved that one person it called for was Dean. I also like how it acknowledged Castiel and accepted the comfort that he offered.

Thanks for sharing your story with us.

Until next time, take care.
moviegeek03 chapter 1 . 2/9/2011
AWW...Love the moment between Cas and Sam. They deserve more :). Great job hun! I'm glad you watched the episode the other night and wrote this wonderful story. It was incredible and I hope you keep giving the episodes a try.
CeCe Away chapter 1 . 2/8/2011
Love how you gave us what Cas was thinking and feeling while he probed for Sam's soul and his surprise at finding Sam grateful. Beautiful really.
Wancn chapter 1 . 2/8/2011
The last paragraph of the story let I smiled. For Sam, to have Dean at his side. His soul will be calm, will be able to fall asleep. The thought and image are very warm. I‘m glad that Sam can feel at ease and relaxed by existence of Dean. Thank you!
ziggy.uk chapter 1 . 2/8/2011
Loved this, and loved the episode. Glad that you watched it and then wrote this :) Really liked the fact that Sam's soul recognised Castiel's touch as not being a threat and was grateful for it, even though his soul didn't know it was out of hell.
kaleb-of-all chapter 1 . 2/8/2011
Interesting take on it. Very powerful. Poor Sammy.

"Dean is here and Dean will keep watch. Sleep." I love that Cas was able to project that to Sam, and that Sam's brutalized soul finally was able to find some solace. Like I said, very powerful.

Sam being grateful for even the slightest gift, ie that of not being utterly forgotten, was incredibly heart-stirring and very much like Sam. You captured it very well. It's also nice to see Castiel's genuine care and concern. Here we see that he actually has a conscience and a sincere heart. Scenes involving Cas and Sam can be really interesting for both characters. Great job.

Re your A/N, I really want to believe that the second half of season six will be good. The first episode of the second half did actually give us a few indications that the show is finally getting better, or more accurately, finally getting back to the great show that it used to be so consistently. (It seems like it's been years.) But like you and many others, I feel a little too battered as a viewer to make any assumptions just yet. We can only hope that we are indeed finally going to see a great show again.
Lucian32 chapter 1 . 2/7/2011