Reviews for The Taming of the Shrew
yoghurtfordinner chapter 28 . 8/23
I can't believe I never left a review here. This is easily the fourth or fifth time I've read this. What a lousy reader.

This story is just fantastic. Zuko's struggles and Katara's everything are SO WELL adapted in this universe. I usually find it hard to connect with zutara stories that don't deal with bending because I feel like it's such an inherent part of these characters that it just doesn't feel right if they aren't in that world, you know? But this story completely knocked me off my feet in that regard.

I connected with them in this universe so fast, the emotions were so raw and powerful. AND THE HUMOR. God, the humor was AMAZING. I swear there were many times when I literally laughed out loud.

So, evidently I love this story. I can't get enough!
gredly forge chapter 1 . 12/10/2015
This is an interesting set up.
I laughed aloud at Sokka being like Magellan on a map, trying to circumnavigate (Suki's) globes. I've never heard that description before. It's hilarious
Anonymous chapter 1 . 11/22/2015
One of the best AU Zutara fanfics i've read!
I was hooked after reading chapter one and finished the whole thing in less than two days!

I loved your detailed descriptions of the cars the characters drove and the homes they lived in, it just made it that much easier to picture the type of modern day teenager the character is. For example, Azula's car fit her personality perfectly! Haha.

I also loved how you incorporated most of the main characters into the story, how Azula, Mai and Tylee were the popular and rich 'mean girls'. Sokka and Haru being on the football team (and making Sokka the mascot was a stroke of genius HAHA). Making the Kyoshi Warriors cheerleaders and having Suki as the head cheerleader was brilliant!

I never imagined Jun and Iroh being together on the show, but now that I've read it in your story...I SHIP IT! and can totally see them together haha.

Not to mention, the parallels with the original show, it was weaved together perfectly! :)

Only thing I would have changed was using some of the other characters in place of some of the characters in your story. For example, Teo would have made an excellent replacement for Gary Chin, since he's in a wheelchair it could have been from the car accident. I thought that would have tied in perfectly with your story. Also maybe making Jet the new captain of the cross country team instead of Stefan because I thought he would fit that role perfectly. And I would have loved it if Yue made an appearance as a daughter of a rich business man that gave Suki some competition for Sokka to amp up the drama ;) But I know thats probably asking for too much.

All in all a great fanfic! This is probably my favourite ATLA AU fanfic :)

Loved it!
Guest chapter 28 . 9/30/2015
This was a fun and entertaining read! I love how you managed to stay true to the characters despite the au setting. Great work!
steph chapter 28 . 8/27/2015
It was sooo nice! Exciting, gripping, amusing... Awesome! Thank you!
Totally Spazz-tastic chapter 11 . 8/23/2015
What the ;iaewhi q/FH/?
Isabella chapter 28 . 7/31/2015
This was simply amazing! I love how you captured Zuko and Katara's personalities in modern day life as well as intertwined with each other. Please keep writing more fanfic! 5 stars deffo :)
Lady Zutara chapter 28 . 5/4/2015
Lol. Your story had me cracking up throughout. I loved reading every word of this! It was such an AWESOME story, and I've been looking for a high school AU for awhile. This is honestly one of the best Zutara fics I have ever read! So, awesome job! I can't wait to see what you do in the future! :)
Guest chapter 1 . 4/18/2015
Haha I like it! Nice start! And suki is like my best friend.
JazmineKiller chapter 28 . 8/2/2014
So amazing! Geez I think I finished it in 4 hours... New record! Thanks for sharing this with us all! I honestly loved how Toph was Kataras first kiss, because seriously, it wouldn't be right for a high school romance to go perfectly! Especially not for our zuko and katara!
thingsthatmakeme chapter 28 . 7/22/2014
This was absolute perfection! I literally read all 28 chapters in one sitting - it's now 3am and I REGRET NOTHING. I loved how you followed the story while giving it a spin. Absolutely brilliant. It was well-written, beautifully developed, and wonderfully mixed with comedy, angst, and romance. Thank you so much for your effort and I will look into your other stories...tomorrow...after I sleep! Wonderful, excellent story!
Loodles' Noodles chapter 28 . 7/5/2014
Hi, I just finished reading. I thought your story was brilliant and that you're an excellent writer.
qtandthejapanesecrew chapter 28 . 5/29/2014
Great story! Love your writing.
qtandthejapanesecrew chapter 2 . 5/29/2014
This chapter takes me back to high school. You've really captured all the awkwardness and angst. Love it!
qtandthejapanesecrew chapter 1 . 5/29/2014
I'm all over this story like Magellan on a map! I usually avoid stories that transpose the characters in other worlds (ie, Victorian era Britain, etc), but this just works. Love it.