Reviews for Different
Sailor Pandabear chapter 1 . 4/6/2014
Spacebabie chapter 1 . 2/13/2011
Great companion piece. I love how a spark of memory for Yori returns to him.
throned chapter 1 . 2/12/2011
sharinganavenger chapter 1 . 2/7/2011

Nice. This... well, this pretty much answers all my questions about Rinzler's side in that chapter. Not that you didn't explain it well on your own, but this is a better response than I could've hoped. :) *shakes head*

You write Rinzler with a simple, almost childlike perspective in its directness. The way you fill the story with that adjusts the mood and makes it really fitting. The best part is how, through this straightforward retelling, so much extra leaks out the sides. Not just Tron affecting Rinzler, limiting his actions, coloring his perspective. But also data that's peripheral to Rinzler but means a lot from an external perspective.

One line in particular hit me hard, the bit on how "only Clu sees inside, pulling the strings of code and looking; always looking, and fixing me. Keeping me perfect". Aww. Poor Tronzler. Consistently, and it seems repeatedly, getting tampered with, altered, having Clu's corruption reinforced. It was especially creepy how it came out-Rinzler commenting on how no, that was supposed to be the norm; no one being close to him except Clu, who was always "fixing" him. Eerie, and immensely well written.

:) Immense excellence all around. The simplified prose that nevertheless slips in enough descriptors for Yori to give serious pause when reading. The nearly emotionless tone that still conveys both Tron's admiration and struggle and Rinzler's frustration and confusion. This is written very differently than your other story, but I definitely enjoyed it. Speaking of said story, I see an update... *heads off thataway*