Reviews for Overlap
My Misguided Fairytale chapter 1 . 2/11/2011
I actually really liked this! You did a lot with a short word count, and I really want to read more from this universe! The story is so interesting - the idea that these things could have happened (trying not to give any spoilers xD) and Shizuka and Yami are dueling together is great, and you've captured the characters' emotions quite well. I'm really glad you had the time to write something for this round, because I enjoyed reading this ) Keep up the good work!

~Jess (MMF)
Doubleplusgoodduckspeaker chapter 1 . 2/11/2011
You know, I really respect you for writing something for this week, even though RL decided to do what it does best :) And you know what? Although this was short, it was really intense! Most of all, now I /really/ want to read How Far We've Come; it sounds super adventurous and silentshippy, a winning combination in my book xD I'll definitely check that out when I have the time. But good job with this!
yllimilly chapter 1 . 2/10/2011
And the Drabblemaster strikes again!

I love how your AN1 is: "so basically, I really like character death". I loled. xD

Nice piece, succinct and cinematic, and you aptly juggled with more than a handful of the cast despite a low word count.
Animom chapter 1 . 2/9/2011
For a snippet, it's actually pretty good - certainly captured my interest, because at the end I was all, "Aw man! I wanted more of this! Dueling Shizuka and Yams working together against the forces of evil!"
safa'at keruth chapter 1 . 2/8/2011
No, drabbles are always so lovely to see when a lot of the other entries are incredibly long! :D

Anyway, I liked all the action that was happening in the fuc - thought it was short, you get a sense of how important each little bit is to the plot. And choosing to set it in DOMA was a nice idea, since people tend to ignore the actual Legendary Dragons/Leviathan aspect of it and concentrate mostly on the characters - it was refreshing to see a fic that delved into the parts of the arc that the show emphasized.

I especially loved how Shizuka calls Yami 'Yugi,' since it reminds 'us' that she doesn't know too much about what's actually going on Item-wise - another thing that authors sometimes overlook, which you brought to our attention too.

My concrit I think you know - I would've liked to see this explored and explained, more background given to Kaiba's death and Shizuka's emotional fragility and such. Bur I understand perfectly the demands of RL.

Good job, and good luck! :)

~ Keruth
Shizuku Tsukishima749 chapter 1 . 2/8/2011
lol. For just writing whatever, this is pretty darn awesome! *U* Rock on! Poor...everybody, but this is amazing! *U*
AmeliaBaggins chapter 1 . 2/8/2011
Wow, that was an intense beginning I liked it! Please update soon!