Reviews for John Porter Interim
wotumba1 chapter 4 . 1/31/2014
gotta love the sharpe series!

great story
whatcatydidnext chapter 2 . 2/28/2011
Like John's voice, you have him right, just 40 enough to be farting about with old cars and adapting his equipment (pro that he is) but young enough to take casual sex when offered.

His relationship with Alex is toned right too, dads and their teenaged girls!

Oh and putting the world to rights is such fun!

Couple of things on the English colloquial front, here a sedan is called a saloon, candy's are sweeties, unless you're in Aus, then their lollies for some reason? He would prob have thought of saving the tax payer a few quid, but it's not unusual to use dollars, we used to call 5 shillings half a dollar, not sure why. Never heard a backpack called a daypack, but I asked my son (authority on all things) he said 'maybe it's a small backpack.' So...

Other than that rather petty nitpicking list, good stuff. Curious as to why he thinks of Kip as *her* She is coming back surely?
whatcatydidnext chapter 1 . 2/11/2011
Ah, couldn't resist I see...

Only one wee thing, in UK public school means private school, JP I suspect would have been a Comprehensive school kid, or just call it state school. Otherwise brill! Any more?
NoirChick chapter 1 . 2/8/2011
Oh that was good. I swear I can hear Porters voice in my head when I read your dialogue for him, I love all his funny little observations: "like she needed to be about eight inches closer (seven and a half, eight!)" and all his insecurities as well. Fab story, I'm looking forward to the next installment.