Reviews for Naumachiae
KrasnayaSquare chapter 1 . 2/27/2011
Wow. I have to say, I was not expecting this when I started reading this story, but wow am I glad I clicked on it. The tone is amazing and there's such a visceral, aching pain and rawness and fear to it. I felt as though I was holding my breath all the way through until Donnely showed up, and even when that breath released there was still a sense of foreboding. Agreeing with other reviewers that the death rattle line is perfection. Honestly, there are so many lines and little details that I loved that I can't even write them all down. Wonderful, wonderful story. Bravo.
Spartaness chapter 1 . 2/13/2011
Beautiful. 3
panetta will live again chapter 1 . 2/13/2011
You might kill me for leaving a second review but my first did not do this justice and also I forgot to fav it.

I STILL can't get over that death-rattle-baby line, but more than that, this fic is scary. Like, unnervingly, wincingly scary. It's disturbing, Joker so casual in his blame and guilt-it's disturbing how I can't quite tell where the line is between said blame and guilt. And nothing gets solved. The frayed wires are still exposed at the end of the story.

Why are you so good at description? "She moves across the gantry like a sidewinder, odd and sick and dragging." ARGH. Whereas I'd have put it like, "she walked across the room".

You know what I really like about this? It's very fluid It doesn't have your usual, heavier style-which I also like, but which wouldn't have worked at all here. This isn't confusing or big-word-filled, it's just JokerShepard hateloving each other and the ship.

You need more reviews for this fic, I don't know why you don't have 'em. Nvm the friendship this, I'd recommend this fic even if I didn't know you IRL.

And now I shall go and fav.
esuriospiritus chapter 1 . 2/9/2011
Wow, that romance was really unexpected and threw me for a loop. (Guess I should have looked at the genre, huh?)

I love how you show a more serious side to Joker, and show the post-traumatic fragility that I've always thought Shepard was hiding from the crew in the beginning of ME2, and do this without making either of them seem particularly out of character about it. It's more "this is the character beyond the fa├žade they show the rest of the world" than "this is an alternate universe where the characters you know and love inexplicably have totally different personalities", and I appreciate that.

Nice job. :)
words without chapter 1 . 2/8/2011
This is the most romantic love affair between two people and a spaceship that I've ever read.

In all srsness, this is a good fic. "I interrupted your death rattle, baby, and I'm sorry" is TEH BEST. It's angry in that mellow Joker way.
mumblybee chapter 1 . 2/8/2011
Despite not knowing the characters all that well, I thought this was interesting and sad and kinda creepy and GOOD. (Aw yeah, I'm so good at giving feedback. I know you're jealous.) I like the kind of sarcastic, bitter tone. But I really loved the line about not getting used to not having "that missing, falling feeling." Missing falling feeling. Love the way that sounds.