Reviews for Winter Gifts
MinervasBibliophage chapter 1 . 8/2/2012
I really liked this story. And not because it was smutty. It was incredibly sweet and had me smiling at the end. I loved how you characterized his visitors when Severus had come to the conclusion that only Minerva could give him what he wanted. It was spot-on for Hermione and hilarious for Harry (Bloody-Albus-Almighty-Effing-Dumbledore was the best part). At first I was freaked out that she actually helped him commit suicide (your warning was what really freaked me out) since I like him and suicide is never a positive occasion, even when people in similar situations want that release. Then when it turns out that she retired to take care of him, I just became so incredibly happy because that was an excellent ending. I also appreciated that bit of "Year of-No-More-Our-Lord, 13," I just thought it was absolutely clever and awesome. This was an amazing story and you are an incredible author; you deserve all the kudos for this fantastic piece.
JustFishy chapter 1 . 2/13/2012
You know, I had forgotten I had read this - so I was browsing your work today and came across it and - well - you know you have us thinking all along that she's going to go through with it - and aid him in his suicide - so the end is a very pleasant twist - a bit of fluff in an otherwise dark room.

I like the idea of Severus sitting in her living room, looking outside and watching Minerva gardening - for some reason, that brings me comfort - that and that they can find companionship in their lives - when both of them are so obviously, horribly depressed.

I still have a hard time seeing Minerva with Severus - mostly due to his whiney nature - but in this fic, I think it fits perfect.
RedStalkingDeath chapter 1 . 8/24/2011
Wow, I didn't see that one coming. I was actually crying during the last part, because I thought she had killed him. You write so well, I can't believe this hasn't gotten any more reviews than this!
Mycroftmalfoy chapter 1 . 4/4/2011
Great story!

I like your no nonsense yet loving Minerva. I look forward to reading your other stories.
DZAuthor AKA DZMom chapter 1 . 3/20/2011
Well written. Minerva is sprightly for her suoosed age, and the relationship about her missing sex and fulfilling herself with Severus is fantastic. The surprise ending was well worth it. So engrossed I was in the characters that I got pricks of salty water bothering my eyes until I read about their wine together upstairs.
Rietta chapter 1 . 2/10/2011
I'm not normally a big fan of angst, but I am a huge fan of the Severus/Minerva pairing so I thought I'd give this a read. And wow! I'm amazed. Your characterisations are fantastic and very true to the original characters, and your approach to Severus' condition thoughtful and believable. You built up suspense nicely and had my heart in my throat throughout the final section- I really did think she'd euthanased him! So well done for the twist at the end. Overall, incredible writing and I shall definitely be checking out your other fics and greatly looking forward to anything Severus/Minerva that you post in the future.
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 2/9/2011
Oh, I love this immensely! I just hope that Minerva has a very devoted house elf; if everyone thinks that Severus is dead, and she goes to Diagon Alley and gets squashed by the Knight Bus, Snape could be in for a very unpleasant time indeed. Dying of thirst is not fun.

But this is a wonderful story, and I liked it a lot.
spin84 chapter 1 . 2/9/2011
As I always, I absolutely love your work! This is a perfect exploration of 'an after the Battle' fic, even with a still exquisitely cantankerous Severus alive.

Do you know, I think I am coming round more and more to the idea of Snape/McGonagall? Before finding FanFiction it never even occurred to me, but this and also 'Because It Is Bitter...' have really made an impression.

Another thing I'm incredibly envious of is your characterization - so simple and effortless. Although it is most definitely your work to be proud of, the characters also seem absolutely JKR's to the T.

Thank you for another perfect insight to the (in my eyes) more interesting characters lives!

Ruth xx