Reviews for Lucky Life: It Started With Her Birthday Original
Ccebling2 chapter 15 . 5/18/2013
Konata x Kagami and Yutaka x Minami are my two favorite Lucky Star Pairings, I think Konata and Kagami are very compatible for when it comes to a couple, the same for Yukata and Minami those two are compatible for when it comes two a couple also.
Mr. Maker chapter 7 . 12/2/2012
I promised myself I wouldn't say anything until the end, but:

You have a lot of mistakes.
1. Half of your sentences are run-ons, meaning you need to stop sentences or put in conjunctions.
2. Punctuation. I've seen hundreds of paces you needed a comma, apostrophe, or other marks.
3. Spelling. "College" not "Collage". This isn't art class. Lot's of other things, but that was the most prominent.
4. Redundancy. You have almost the same situation over and over. They're in a public place, Konata embarrasses Kagami, people stare, Kagami gets mad, etc. Throw something else into the mix please.

I'm not trying to bash either, don't get me wrong, it's a great story. The only reason I still read it is because I'm interested. After all that and I'm still here, it's good.

-Professor Pajamas
Yuni Ilzah-18 chapter 20 . 6/10/2012
This is the cute story I ever read, thanks for making such a great story :D love it so much and it feels like my friend and her girlfriend love story .
xroyal chapter 21 . 4/19/2012
do lucky life: we are in collage! go konataXkagimi!
MexG2 chapter 20 . 1/26/2012
Great ! I Loved Ot Read It All In A Few Days Great Job !
jfmhill chapter 1 . 12/26/2011
Here's the thing, I love your story but it is misleading with the pairings. You said there would be mintaka which is minamixyutaka not miyukixtsukosa...just wanted to put that out there but overall the story fantastic :)
wingsofseyfert12 chapter 20 . 11/18/2011
Despite my misgivings for Koonami this story was really something else. However it was not so much as the pairing that attracted me but many of the supporting characters that really contributed to the story and made it whole.

Let us start with cons (don't sweat too much there is very little for me to complain about)

I think Soujiro is a tad out of character. Disowning his daughter out of the blue came as a rude shock to me and frankly I don't see it happening.

While you did a great job describing Konata's abuse by bullies as a younger child I still think you went a tad overboard. Verbal abuse is more than enough to psychologically hurt a person. (Then again, considering the content in my stories I really have no right to tell you if anything is overboard lol )

Surely the actions of the young men involved should have caught Soujiro's attention. How could he not notice his daughter full of bruises and scratches from her beatings? Sure the man isn't the most ideal father but still I would think he would notice something like that and do something about it.

That just about sums it up for the cons.

What did I like about this story?

Pretty much everything else. Characterization is spot on and nobody (with the a couple of exceptions) seems to derail from this.

An insecure Konata has become popular these days and you utilize it very well. I like how Kagami has started to become the rock of their relationship, someone that Konata can trust to lay her burdens on and know that Kagami can take care of them.

Going back to Soujiro I love how you managed his character and its so very believable. I thought that he was a wee bit too chipper in the anime. Perhaps an episode of just him and Konata visiting Kanata's grave site then ponder over memories would have given the show a neat distraction. Anyway, Soujiro going into a depression and consuming himself in games and being blase towards his daughter is not out of the question. Great job going into his character.

Another great applause would have to be given due to your interpretation of Miki. The woman just does not get screen time but you did an great job highlighting her character and making her very important in Konata's life. Most Koonami fics settle for the high school romance but leave everyone else out but fact is, family matters as well.

The chapter where Konata falls asleep next to Miki and soon dreams of her own mother was actually quite heart touching. Miki is the kind of woman that Konata needs in her life, an older, wise, kind maternal figure that will always be there to guide her and teach her to be more tactful in public. Just making Miki an important character period is enough to warrant kudos on my part for your story.

In the end do I still see these two together? No. I still think Kagami is just not patient enough and Konata is too set in her ways and unsure of her priorities. Will your sequel change my mind? I certainly hope so. Thank you for putting in the time and effort into this great story. I look forward to reading the sequel.

P.S: Now I feel bad writing that perverted crap I have been spewing out lately. Maybe after this spiel I'll write something a bit more thoughtful and realistic. Thank your story for that :)
charvat8 chapter 20 . 8/30/2011
*CONTAINS SPOILERS!

This is truly incredible! I loved every single chapter; from the romantic scenes between Konata and Kagami to the depressing scenes such as Konata's fight with her father. and lets not forget the horrific, intense fight scene. You made me feel for all the characters; I laughed, blushed and teared at least one hundred times by the end. i'm so glad I read this after it was all done because waiting for the next chapter would have been literal torture!

The way you transitioned from Kagami's confused feelings for Konata to their relationship were genius, and in my opinion could not be better! I love how you gave life to Miyuki, it's like she is everything she could be in this story.

All around you just had great plot ideas! I don't think there was ever a moment when i felt like something important wasn't happening or that you were just filling space. The back story behind Konata you presented was brilliant! I never would have thought of it that way but it gives the story so much more emotion. Can't wait to read the next one!

-charvat
charvat8 chapter 1 . 8/28/2011
Amazing :D im hooked will have to read the it all XD
Kyle chapter 16 . 8/7/2011
Wow for your first fight scene I liked it a lot! I also liked how you fixed the issue between Misao and Konata.
munchcookie chapter 20 . 8/5/2011
I totally loved you're story till the end but it was kinda sad that there where little Miyuki x Tsukasa they didn't even went to the same college? TT I would rather had that the four friends had the same apartment then misao? Well hope you're going to that in the further and keep up with the word *tumps up*
dopplerdee chapter 20 . 8/4/2011
That was great!
Juggalojon chapter 19 . 6/27/2011
Maybe Misao's real objective going for kagami maybe an interesting read? o.O
Juggalojon chapter 20 . 6/26/2011
My vote is for a sequel! I really loved the story :)
Redline57 chapter 19 . 6/25/2011
That was a really sweet ending, very nice job on this whole story!