Reviews for Ignite the Flames
TheAriaofSummer chapter 1 . 7/7/2012
I found this interesting, in that it sounded more like it was trying to convince the reader to jump ships.
But, I seriously love the way you write Gale. Kudos.
xmercurial chapter 1 . 4/24/2012

-YES. Someone finally put it into words. Finally. Mind if I put this on my profile?

I'm only commenting because I want to favorite this. I love this story so/so/so/so/so/sofucking much. I seriously want to murder Peeta right now. This is just so fucking brilliant and I love it.

Write more Galeniss and maybe I can shove it to my Peeta-loving friend's faces?
Coffee chapter 1 . 3/24/2012
Fuq you, Jenny. Fuq you. Why do I say this? Because this fic is beautiful and all I've ever wanted out of life and I hate that I can't even begin to write something as wonderful and heartbreaking, so fuq you very much. (If you didn't realize, fuq you is code for I love you.)
Scarlet Natalia chapter 1 . 11/10/2011
Aweeee I love this and it totally broke my heart:( I absolutely adore them together! Ugh! I want them to be together so badly, they're perfect for each other:) really loved it!
An Author's Pen chapter 1 . 4/24/2011
This is great poetical prose. You get Gale's feelings pretty well..
HitsuKarinluv chapter 1 . 3/4/2011
i love it
squeakyswings chapter 1 . 3/3/2011
I must admit that I'm a Peeta/Katniss lover; however, I absolutely adore how you've written Gale - I think he's wonderfully in character here and horribly vulnerable and this is an absolutely incredible imagining of how he must have been feeling throughout the series.
Charlie'sDragon chapter 1 . 2/17/2011
Okay- firstly I should tell you that when I saw this was GaleKatniss I may have gotten rather excited. And jumped a teeny bit off my chair. Because I love them and all my friends don't and it makes me so sad... and I'll stop my rant there.

Because that whole thing about him being the one to ignite her flames? So true. And how Gale was just a tad snarky and maybe kind of mean about that "blonde, pretty boy Peeta"? So IC and kind of wonderful.

Yeah. Okay, off to stalk more off you fics!

Love from,

Tawnyfur chapter 1 . 2/14/2011
Aw, what a beautiful metaphor! I really liked the writing style here. I've always enjoyed ramble-style love stories.

You know, I might have actually been willing to accept PeetaKatniss, if not for Gale's unceremonious tossing from the narration. We didn't even get to see an awkward goodbye scene, or anything! (sighs) Poor Gale. His end was not justified.

Well, highly enjoyable little short here! Excellent work.
thenewkait chapter 1 . 2/11/2011
This was so good! I am glad to find another Gale/Katniss fan! haha! This is probably exactly how Gale felt about Katniss and then stupidstupid Peeta had to come along and ruin it all! Good job!

Skandar-Loves-Redvines chapter 1 . 2/10/2011

I'm sorry, I just had to get that out. The NextGen forum is just /filled/ with PeetaKatniss shippers, and it bothers the hell out of me.

And now, moving on the the actual story, I present to you, in list form, proof of how awesome this is:

1) Oh. My. God. Gale.

He was spectacularlyawesomelyjaw- t.

I /adored/ his characterization (he's just the way I've always pictured his thoughts!), and ohmydearlord the way you wrote this was just supermegafoxyawesomehot, my dear.

2) This.

"So maybe she ends up with blonde, pretty boy Peeta. He doesn't forget, though. Those stolen kisses—(only when he's in pain, darling)—forever haunt his memories, the details and angles and war-weary lines of her too-old-to-be-eighteen face sharp in his dreams, brought clear from the recesses of his mind.

She's Katniss, his verybest friend, and aren't best friends supposed to end up together? But then comes along the (stupid, stupid) 74th Hunger Games and (stupid, stupid) Peeta Mellark, and dreams of dark-haired, gray-eyed children are lost in nightmares of pretty blonde babies and her&him.

She falls in love with him. It may begin as an act but it ends as something more, and no amount of convincing is going to reassure him because honey, she's never been that great of an actress. (So, she must genuinely love the boy, right?)

So he hardens, and solidifies, and matures, becomes that man with the sharp angles and ruthless tactics—and only around her is when he softens because she makes him putty in her incapable hands. (It's been like this from the very beginning.)

They could almost be related—it makes him disgusted to even process the thought—because of their whole "District twelve likeness" and the sort. (When he was her 'cousin', he thought he couldn't take it anymore.)

But then he becomes her maybe lover when Peeta's off getting brainwashed in the Capitol, and is that all he is, only a second choice? (The boy with the silver medal, not gold.)

Her body tenses up and she prepares herself whenever she kisses him (it's never rehearsed when she kisses Peeta, now is it?) and it breaks his heart a bit more every time, thoughts chasing through his head like what's wrong with me, why doesn't she love me?

He's stubborn and loud and dashing and proud and why can't that be enough?

Peeta's just a pretty face and soft spoken words, and brainwashed and he's more like a genteel little lamb or something—

And she ranges somewhere between dragon and spitfire. (Don't dragons eat lambs, anyway?)

Really, though, he's much better equipped to handle this dragon, Katniss Everdeen, girl on fire, because he's known her all his life. (and Peeta's only known her, what? A couple of months? A year?)

And okay, fine, maybe Peeta's just a smidge more careful and definitely not reckless (the safe choice) and maybe he'll try and protect her. (But she's girl on fire and she's always been the one to fight until the very end, and it's just another reason why she should be with him instead of pretty boy Peeta, isn't it?)

All the reasons add up to how she should be with him and not Peeta, and he and her are definitely the most compatible (they work together flawlessly and godgodgod, it should be him!); what was the point of this again? (To break his heart a little bit more, perhaps?) (Wait, never mind, there's nothing left.)

Then the reasons become a permanent list in his head, but then the fact that might've killed Prim comes up too—and suddenly, the reasons don't matter, because she can't forget that (possible) fact and she chooses Peeta over him, and that's that, he guesses.

(But he'll always be waiting in the wings, for her to forgive him, for her to hunt with him again, for her to hug him—and for her to kiss him.)

(Maybe one day, it'll happen—and when that day comes, it won't be rehearsed).

After all, Katniss Everdeen, girl on fire, was always meant to be with Gale Hawthorne—the boy who ignited her flames." just amazing.

Yeah, I do realize that I just copied your entire fic in here. Does that tell you anything?

4) You.
EStrunk chapter 1 . 2/9/2011
I love your line about him being putty in her incapable hands. Also the part about how she has to prepare herself before she kisses him is sad. Esp. because I think most of the time she has to prepare herself before she kisses Peeta too. This whole thing is so heart-breaking. I am writing a better ending for Gale. I won't tell you whether there will be GaleKatniss involved, but I will say that I think you will like the story (wink, wink). It is called "Ever in Your Favor."
andthenshesaid chapter 1 . 2/9/2011
This was like, wow. Or something to that effect. I kind of love GaleKatniss. Only then I kind of love KatnissPeeta too.

But really, with HG, the only pairing I care about is AnnieFinnick. Cos. They're the best. I mean. Like the only pairing I break my like2stories a year slump deal for.

But back to this. This was so pretty. "The boy who ignited her flames." Loveeee!
Anon chapter 1 . 2/9/2011
Wow that was soooo deep! You captured gales personality to a T! I fell in love with this fanfic hahah. Good work, keep it up
in sync chapter 1 . 2/8/2011

I'm a PeetaKatniss shipper all the way, but in just made me feel /sorry/ for /Gale/. That's a major accomplishment there, deary.

This was just so sad and tragic, and I loved the way you showed their relationship through the series.

It was fantastic, darling, fantastic and I loved it. :)