Reviews for Poetic Device
Guest chapter 1 . 5/4/2014
I LOVED the whole italics things. It was like you were adding in extra information that made the story seem SO MUCH BETTER.
rabbah chapter 1 . 8/30/2013
I really like the style of this, with the italics at the end of most paragraphs to express thought and whatnot. It 'felt' very natural.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/18/2013
usually i hate reading long fanfiction, but you dfinitely kept me interested full-way through. keep it up! also, thank you for legitimately keeping them ic, its really nice reading stories that stick to the characters set personalities instead of some rediculous desperate version.
HellsingDog chapter 1 . 1/29/2013
I'm sorry I wasn't able to leave a review for this back then. I love the flow of this story. From strangers to friends to BF's. It's sweet!
EdeatheDemonFox chapter 1 . 9/25/2012
This was freaking adorable! Josh may have been annoying to Neku but I just wanted to tell him to kiss Neku already. XD You did Josh's witty dialogue so perfectly! ;w; And go Mr. H. Never knew he was a matchmaker, too. ;D
Guest chapter 1 . 7/22/2012
this is perfect. i love it so much i cant even kdyjshshddkkffjfkdff. Honestly, pleasepleaseplwase write more joshxneku fics, you characterize them so beautifully and its rich with colour, flavour, sense and poise. your writing style (apparently experimental in this) is stunning. props to you, astouding job. my words cannot express all my love for this.
DemyxFangirl chapter 1 . 4/29/2012
This was SO adorable! :3 I loved the ending, too x3
LuckyDespair chapter 1 . 10/30/2011
This is so beautiful! Please write more Joshua/Neku fics! :) Reading this has made me so happy.
nomatophobe chapter 1 . 7/20/2011
I feel like such a creep now that I realize I've been smirking at the laptop screen in some sort of giddy euphoria all this time-but I can't help it! This is such a precious exchange between one of my favorite pairs, delivered with vivid language and character :x You say this is an experiment for you, but I hope you've felt the satisfaction you deserve after writing this! It's made me genuinely happy, as well as nostalgic for the game and all its charming back-and-forth between Neku and Joshua.

I think there was a good balance between dialogue, thoughts, and motion/narration. I can't really find fault with wording or pacing either-I love it. xD Sorry I haven't gotten much to offer in terms of critique, but I'd like to thank you all the same. OTL
Midnight Ghost chapter 1 . 7/5/2011
Ahaha, the ending line is so... Encompassing? Bah, ask Joshua for the correct word.

Seeing a Joshua POV for this would be nice. :)
o-parts chapter 1 . 4/28/2011
I am so sad I am late to the party, because this fic was absolutely beautiful in every way. It's everything I want in an N/J fic. Your characterization is superb, and your writing in itself is absolutely intoxicating.

I really hope you write more for this fandom. it desperately needs more writers like you. Totally gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous.
MrMissMrs Random chapter 1 . 3/13/2011
I just wanna saw how I loved your incorporation of the entire story. Neku is really fun and amusing to read about. :) You have his 'voice' down pat I think. And Josh/Neku yaaayyy. xD
Purrugly chapter 1 . 3/11/2011
OH MY GOODNESS. This is... spectacular. Wonderful. So brilliant. You are an amazing writer - truly, I mean what I say. Oh yeah.

At first I found the constant use of italics to be irritating, but very quickly I learnt to love them and need them and now I don't think I'd be able to read anything now without the desire to see those italics.

Please. Please, for my sanity, for all the TWEWY fans, for all the diehard Joshua/Neku girlies... write a second chapter. A sequel. Another hot fic. Because honestly, I think I've fallen in love with the way you write.

I'm now off to spam the rest of your stories. Ta ta.
Luminescent Ashes chapter 1 . 3/7/2011
My, my. I have to admit that this is probably the most fascinating story for this particular pairing that I have read in a good while. It was so beautifully written, it made me feel just a bit giddy as I went to bed. The vocabulary-the language-was well built, and it set the mood perfectly. I can hardly find any flaws right now.

You've captured the essence of both Neku and Joshua's personalities so well. The characterization was fitting. The way it was written, focused on Neku, gave so much insight in Joshua's character as well.

It was amusing, entertaining, yet so utterly... elegant.

Thank you for the wonderful story; I really enjoyed reading it.
BleedingOpal chapter 1 . 2/25/2011
I adore your characterization of Joshua and Neku. They're complicated characters and you pulled them off beautifully. I hope to see more of these two from you in the future!