Reviews for Ties That Bind
Gweedo chapter 1 . 1/4/2007
love it! it's cute, keeping up your great job.

I accidently bump into ur story, cause i was searching for the meaning of the phrase of "the ties that bind", after i read ur story, i kinda get it, but can u tell me what the phrase exactly means?
alphabet chapter 1 . 6/21/2006
Oh, I really liked this! SD-6 Syd/Vaughn is great. I love how their relationship dances on the edge of being inappropriate, and you really captured that. Great job.
ketchupqueen13 chapter 1 . 3/16/2004
Excellent, as usual! :) I like how it's long, but doesn't ramble. Really sounds like Syd and Vaughn, and a sweet step in their relationship.
Loriel Eris chapter 1 . 11/5/2003
Just to say I really enjoyed this. All my friends have a crazy obsession for Sydney/Sark fic so its nice to see that there are some sane people in the world! ;)
Rhythm chapter 1 . 4/4/2002
R.J., this is wonderful! You caught a plot hole, you wrote a great story...and your title makes a pun! How great are you?

The thing I like best about this story is how honestly you portray Vaughn. You see his limitations, how he doesn't measure up to Sydney in every way, and you don't try to make him more heroic than he really is.

Beautiful work.
Kat1 chapter 1 . 3/31/2002
I really enjoyed reading this. Gaping plot hole fics are always great due to their ability to let you into the show and then the characters. I really liked your Vaughn - not showy, not flashy, but chivalrous and honest. I also appreciated the title.
Yunitsa chapter 1 . 3/25/2002
Alright, now you've made me really want to watch this show! Lovely little story, and especially the title (it made me cackle once I realized the significance). And UST is always, always good - plus this reminded me of Mulder and Scully back in the Good Old Days. Now if I was a crazy impatient fan (perish the thought!) I would tell you to get right back to working on "Lessons":)
Jen too lazy to sign in chapter 1 . 3/25/2002
Wow, truly amazing :)
jwhit04 chapter 1 . 3/24/2002
This is one of the best Alias stories i have read so far it was very good it is amazing how you picked up the fact that they left the tie in the show. They should make you a writer for Alias and the way you made my mind see Syndney's face with such great detail was incredible. I love that show and they way yu brought out a glitch but then made it like Sydney really could have taken the tie out made the show stay just as good. Excellent!
Terin chapter 1 . 3/23/2002
Awww...how cute. The whole tie thing was a good catch on your part...and the story fit perfectly into the show timeline.
Shade5 chapter 1 . 3/23/2002
Great story! I love how you filled in that hole in the plot, and you did it well.
Waterdancer chapter 1 . 3/22/2002
Hi RJ,

It's nice to see a new face in the Alias genre. I enjoyed reading your fic, and I look forward to more.
Ashni chapter 1 . 3/22/2002
Nice job, Rebecca. :) I really like how you turned the tie into a token from a lady to her knight and then made the observation that the usual roles are reversed with them. -Nicole
labyrinthine chapter 1 . 3/22/2002
ooh, how cool is this! Very clever, what a wonderful gaping plot hole you managed to dig up! Your intro was beautifully done, I especially liked the last line - really set the tone for the rest of the piece. And the section at the end, where Vaughn arrives at the conclusion that he is more effective to Sydney working behind a desk than out in the field, however much he might enjoy it, was nicely timed and spot-on. I enjoyed how you had Syd lead him on at first, though I'm not sure she would go so far as "if I don't make it out alive", joking or not...maybe it's just me. But really, such a cool premise, a great job pulling it off~
Sydney15 chapter 1 . 3/22/2002