Reviews for What You Didn't Take
Guest chapter 1 . 10/26/2013
nice
maryroosma1 chapter 1 . 10/6/2013
Very interesting choices you've made with this one. I hope you finish it.
Klytia chapter 9 . 5/30/2013
Aaaannnd I missed an update. I COMPLETELY missed an update. Sorry for that "

And this chapter even has Julian in it! And some well-written Julian/Garak-interaction that's not meant as pre-slash! That's rare!
But this all is really well written. And it also feels "right on time". What I'm trying to say - you could have spent the next X chapters with the Vorta, stranded on a post-war-Cardassia, running around and just surviving. Hell, I've written fics, where whole chapters were spent on collecting food, childbirth and so forth. But it almost always feels starts to JUST DRAG ON FOR EVER AND EVER. But you managed to avoid this in the best way possible! You didn't just have Julian arrive and pick them up. No, you had this whole second paragraph, just dedicated to Julian and Garak talking about seeing TWO of the Vorta on holo-images. I don't even know why, but in my humble opinion, that was the best way to handle the situation. It still somehow conveyed this feeling of "running" for me. That these Vorta are still hiding out, still scared and lonely (yeah, I seem to be a sucker for blurry pictures " ).

Oh and also my favorite sentence of the whole chapter was at the end of the second paragraph:
"No." A lie. "But my people have an aptitude for cruelty." The truth, unfortunately.

YOU AND THOSE SHORT SENTENCES! I LOVE IT!
A lie followed directly by The truth, unfortunately.
GOD!
That is SO GREAT! I can't even put it to words! This conveys so much more, than any long speech ever could!

And the rest of the chapter was great too, of course.
The Vorta are finally rescued. Yay :D
And the whole The injections in the Founder's lab had done something, put up blocks in his mind. It hurt to push through them. also really fit's the mood (besides, it's a great little explanation for why the Vorta just kept on running from the "harmless" workers and never tried to contact anyone else).

Oh and I'm interested to learn more about Eris' baby.
And speaking of Eris: yeah, she still got those cables in her head, doesn't she? Well, she can be lucky, that she never got a brain-infection or anything (and yes, I call "brain-infection" a totally real world! It's science-y and medicine-y and… eh, stuff! ;) You-know-what-I-mean ).

So, after taking over a month, to notice the new chapter (yes, I totally COULD get an account and fav the fic, but that would be WAY to easy!), you are - of course - also allowed to take your time, with the next update.
But I hope, you won't take too long! I want to see everyone getting better again! Keevan needs to start talking again, Eris needs the cable out of her skull and Weyoun needs first and foremost a big hug for protecting the other two for the whole time (I'm assuming that now, since Eris has her child to take care of and Keevan seems to be way to traumatized to go actively searching for food and shelter).
And I started to ramble on a little bit. I hope you're still able to understand, what I'm trying to say.

Anyway, sorry again for taking so long - and please update soon :D
Klytia chapter 8 . 3/24/2013
Okay, I don't have to much time to review right now (it's late and I have classes tomorrow!), but still:
GREAT CHAPTER!
Especially the first paragraph. Those short sentences really, REALLY set the mood! And they also help conveying the passage of time later on.
Eris POV also really helps here. You can really emphasize with her here.
And even their escape sounded believable! That's SO rare especially in fanfics!

Oh and that bold "off" in the last paragraph. SOOOOOO beautiful. So much power behind that single word!

But now the Vorta are alone on a post-war Cardassia. Let's just hope, that they didn't just get out off the frying pan and into the fire!

Please update soon (and sorry for the short review, but I wanted to write it, while the memories of reading are still fresh).
femalecenobite22 chapter 7 . 3/1/2013
great story
Isadorabelle chapter 7 . 2/22/2013
That is so incredibly sad! I feel bad for all three of them, but I'm hoping things change for the better.
Dragonmaster Kurai chapter 7 . 2/16/2013
Aaaw... Can't wait to see what happens next. Sad abut the baby though :(

DK
Klytia chapter 7 . 2/11/2013
Uhm, if I say I liked the last chapter, will you think I'm creepy?
Because, I, well… liked it. It was quite well written, but not TOO well.
What I'm trying to say is:
I'm coming straight from Anime and Horror-fandoms. And the people over there? Crazy! The whole bunch of them! The fics were just nightmare-fuel in written form.
Your fic here is not going to cause any nightmares. The whole vivisection-part sent some nice shivers down my spine, but you thankfully refrained from any gruesome details, that would haunt me and my quite lively imagination for days.

On the other hand - a few more details and descriptions would be nice. Probably not of the gruesome parts, but just describing what the general surroundings look like. Some colors or smells or sounds - you know, stuff.

And Dukat should totally try to keep Weyoun! (Yeah, I admit, I love dark fics. Normal fics are boring, but add a little bit of torture and you get me interested. Add rape and torture and for some reasons I'm starting to beg for a new chapter)

Yeah, so - new chapter for the crazy fangirl that just joined your readers? :D

Oh and don't worry if not to many people comment on this chapter. At least in my old fandoms people felt uncomfortable reviewing the "dark-topic-chapters". They read them of course but they tended to only really comment, when there was something they didn't like. And I have to admit, I really didn't want to review this chapter at first, too. It was just… I don't know, I didn't want anyone to think, that I'm strange and twisted and have some weird fetishes or something.

But yeah, I still like this fic! A lot! It's well written and the Vorta are SOOOOOO cute together.
Soooooo - update?! :)
Dragonmaster Kurai chapter 4 . 9/19/2012
I hope you continue this story, I find it very interesting! Well written and original concept. :)
anon chapter 1 . 2/23/2012
Please write more! this fic is amazing. I love the relationship between weyoun and Dukat/Damar. I can actually see it evolving to such a point. Is weyoun going to meet Dukat again? Love this!
Night's Darkness chapter 4 . 1/27/2012
I really like this. I always love reading fics that explore just how dark the enslavement of the Vorta really is. (also I'm a sucker for Weyoun being abused by Dukat and Damar -blame the show, they made it clear the two would have been more than happy to do mean things to the little Vorta ;D)

The only thing I would offer as a suggestion to improve it, is maybe slow your pacing down. Everything's happened very fast, it'd be helpful if you took more time to explore each part of the story.

Take the time to explore the ramifications of the rapes, unless it's a case that with the implant in his brain Weyoun wasn't able to process the experience and just repressed it, but now with the implant out he'll have to deal with it properly. Rape is a very traumatic thing and unless you explain why it isn't affecting him, it seems to be just a glossing over of a plot point added for shock value -not that I think that's why you put it in, but it's one of those things that needs to be dealt with right and it just felt a bit rushed, even with the scenes you did write for it.

More interactions with the DS9 crew for Weyoun would be good too, so far only Bashir and Odo have spent any time with him, but what do the other's think?

The plot's really good, and so I feel it should be given the in-depth detail it deserves. At the moment it feels a bit like an abridging of an epic tale and it should just be epic.

Sorry for the ramble... I really do like this fic, and am so glad to see the number of new fics for our little Vorta that have turned up lately.

Good luck.
Replica of Twilight chapter 4 . 1/22/2012
I'm just going to flat out tell you that this the greatest Weyoun fanfic I've ever read. :)
wembleyfraggle chapter 3 . 1/17/2012
Oooh! What an interesting idea. I really like the direction you've taken this. Really intriguing.
Aurora West chapter 3 . 1/17/2012
Very interesting! I'm definitely curious to see where this is going!
sex-and-the-common-cold chapter 1 . 12/14/2011
utterly has been said,all of the characters are spot writen.i do wish you'd write more fiction on isn't nearly enough in this world,and you are so good at it.