Reviews for Still My Big Brother
HobbitLover4eva chapter 1 . 6/15
yeah... I hated Castiel after this episode. I understand why he was pissed, but how can you beat poor Dean like that? DX that was awful and my opinion of Cas never really recovered.
I loved the missing scenes between Sam and Dean though, this episode truly needed them.
I liked that in some twisted way you portrayed Dean's derision as sacrifice not suicide. It helped ease my disappointment in him for this episode. Usually happens whenever they don't explain his reasoning for his state of mind.
Fi Suki Saki chapter 1 . 1/25/2015
I Love Sam's POV !

I love how Sam take care of Dean, and the last scene Dean take care of Sam.

But the view still on Sam's Love and Adoration toward Dean...

Lovely Awesome ! :))
NoilyPrat chapter 1 . 12/2/2014
I like this story, showing how Dean was willing to sacrifice everything to save .. everyone. And then to NOT do it, all because of Sammy. I love the way they love each other.
sapphireswimming chapter 1 . 4/22/2013
Dean had fled to where Sam could find him. He'd reluctantly agreed to let Bobby and Sam look for another way, until Adam had forced his hand. He'd begged Cas to stop the beating, because no matter how stupidly resigned Dean was acting, he didn't really want to die. He was just willing to sacrifice himself, yet again, for what he thought was more important.

For his brothers.

Thank you. This was a really great explanation of how and why Dean was acting the way he was in this episode. So many people seem to think that Dean was giving up but he wasn't. He doesn't know how to. He's stupidly sacrificial but his family is always his number one priority and he'll never let them down if there's something he can do to save them. This is why I always love reading your work because you just understand these characters so so well and everything you write is always perfect.
Mystic25 chapter 1 . 6/4/2011
So good. Sam taking care of Dean; and then Dean reciprocating it. Both of them realizing that they can only do it together. Anything else wouldn't work. You have a great writing style, well done.
2gsdip chapter 1 . 4/22/2011
loved it ;)
Zyanya chapter 1 . 4/7/2011
Sam's POV fits perfectly with the sitution, u give us the much needed sight inside Sam's head to fully understand his actions in this awesome episode...
Sotobow chapter 1 . 3/6/2011
Great story! I love the angle you took on this - the episode is one of my very favorites. Sam is SO AWESOME in it, and I love Dean's explanation of his decision at the end.

I like that you emphasized what the episode was saying - that those two need to have faith in each other if they want to get anywhere. They need it more than anything, for the other to believe in them and care about them.

Also, I'm glad you pointed out that even with losing Cas and Adam, Dean was far more concerned with Sam. Just like in the Green Room when he left Adam's side to get to Sam, and when he chose to save Sam from Hell over Adam. I know they stress "family," but for them, the other brother *always* comes first when there's a choice.

Sorry, long review, but your story made me think. I really do love the show. Love the fic, too! Great insights into their minds! We need more of that. :)

Loved the title, too!
CeCe Away chapter 1 . 2/23/2011
I like how you went from one scene to the other with the letter tucked in between.
Landwing chapter 1 . 2/13/2011
Gotta love it: brotherhood, Winchester style. Not to be undertaken lightly, but awesome to watch when fully active. Well done!

(Proofreading detail: Very near the end, in the sentence "That one small tip of the balance toward saying no", I think you meant "suddenly became a rushing landslide" instead of "because a rushing landslide".)
sayrae3times chapter 1 . 2/12/2011
Loved this babe. Just loved it. I haven't had the net for a while so haven't been able to read and review your stuff and I have to say, I miss it!
Pinkchick chapter 1 . 2/11/2011
Excellent tag. You have a way of understanding each brother's actions and their thought process without judgement, but instead step into their shoes. And this piece was a prime example of that. I loved the way Sam took care of Dean, even though frustrated and upset with him, he still understood his big brother's motives.

Things which stood out for me: the fact you mentioned that Dean didn't rush into the plan without careful planning and that he wouldn't leave things unsettled; the new scars on Dean; the new determination in Sam after reading the letter;

"Dean needed to love; it was engraved far more deeply into his bones than Castiel's etchings. But he needed just as much to be loved, and Sam knew he'd felt precious little of that the last two years. It was time to change that. Time for Sam to be the one to start believing in his brother, so Dean would believe in himself. Time to look after his brother the way Dean needed, not just by being his brother, but by being his little brother."

And the whole last scene. It was a lovely read. Thank you so much for this! :)
sylia91 chapter 1 . 2/10/2011
A lovely tag as always. It's interesting how the brothers' relationship ebbs and flows. One charging forward, the other pulling back at alternate times but somehow still maintaining balance. The boys do balance each other out and no substitute can quite achieve the same delicate and precise results. Neither Jessica nor Lisa quite managed it, hunting nor college. They do seem to be destined to be linked.
Nana56 chapter 1 . 2/10/2011
Great job here. :D You always know exactly what we need to see more to fill in. Really loved the first part! Always love me some hurt!Dean. And in the episode, I wondered at the lack of reaction from Sam to Castiel beating Dean.

Just, ultimately, no matter what happens and who does what, they're still brothers and nothing trumps that. *sighs happily*

Nice one. :)