Reviews for IdF: Kaleidoscope
Shadir chapter 9 . 10/3/2013
*Snif* A pretty final.
Archaeopteryx Feather chapter 9 . 10/2/2013
Despite all the tragedy, we see Skyfire facing up to everything at last, and Starscream getting the help he needs too. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Great ending!
Balrog Roike chapter 9 . 10/2/2013
Poor Starscream.
Looks like he lost most of his friends in one go. Sure, he still has others but it definitely hit him hard and I'm glad Skyfire finally has come to accept some truths and manned up enough to do the right thing this time around. It won't be easy but it will certainly help Starscream and probably the rest of the Bots as well.

Congratz to the story and to finishing it. I hope you had as much fun writing it as we had reading.
smoking caramels chapter 9 . 10/2/2013
Meh! It's over! :[ But I loved it! Hate that movie but man the angst it can cause.
tamersten chapter 9 . 10/2/2013
That had been a very awesome story. Thanks for sharing!(v)
silberstreif chapter 8 . 6/2/2013
Very well written, actually one of the best chapters so far I think. I like the 'softness' of it, the desire for social contact and also the fear of rejection on both sides. It's what made them so similar, beyond their obvious differences. There was this understanding of the other one there, especially from Mirage's side.
silber
Archaeopteryx Feather chapter 8 . 5/9/2013
I liked the interplay of dialogue between Starscream and Mirage (and Mirage isn't even one of my favorite characters). It hadn't occurred to me that any of the Autobots would enjoy getting the chance to talk to a "living relic" from the Golden Age. Starscream must a walking nostalgia machine for Mirage. :)

"Although...the couch was pretty comfy...The Seeker settled back a bit more and shuttered his optics as he took another gulp of his energon."
Aww, he was so comfy, and then Mirage had so spoil it all. ;p

"Starscream looked away, staring into his lap as he considered."
I just thought this was a really good way of expressing how Starscream was feeling through a physical action.

It's good to see that Starscream has picked up a new friend, and opened up a little more. Baby steps, Screamer, baby steps.

There wasn't much to nitpick:

""Ah." That would explain it."
The word "Ah" conveys it all perfectly. :) The added phrase "That would explain it" is a bit redundant, and I think it kind of dampens the impact of Mirage's droll summation.

The word "chuckle/chuckled" was used five times in this chapter. Maybe try some synonyms: "looked amused," "smiled," "made an amused noise" etc. ? You did a good job of finding different words here: "a small smile on his face and laughter in his optics" and "gave a bitter laugh" etc.

"Starscream let a huff of air out of his vents"
On that same note, this turn of phrase has been done to death by our little community of writers. :) If you could come up with a different way to express annoyance/exhaustion, it would add a refreshing new spin on how those particular emotions are expressed by Seekers.
Shadir chapter 8 . 5/7/2013
A new friend at call.
Balrog Roike chapter 8 . 5/4/2013
Those two could have a lot in common (at least in this 'verse) so I think they could become great friends if given half the chance. I fear for the "loudmoths" though, if those two decide one day that enough is enough and join forces. XD
Balrog Roike chapter 7 . 10/11/2012
Why didn't I review that yet?
Shame on me.

Looks like those two actually have a chance after all. As long as they are careful and don't try to force anything they should actually make it.
Good for them
Ersatz Writer chapter 7 . 10/6/2012
Sweet. One of those endings which isn't quite a tragedy, but isn't exactly a happy one either. One that leaves you pondering what could have happened.

Very good job! I like the references, and again the quotes fit so perfectly! :) there's still a hint of awkwardness between them at the beginning, but they warmed up with each other smoothly. The conversation was natural and friendly (your dialogue is very good, BTW) and... Yeah! Whilst I do wish it was a bit longer (cos I'm greedy and wanna read more, XD ) everything still flows chronologically. I still think the plot is absolutely fantastic, twisting in a way which you least expect it to and flowing down a perfectly plausible path which still emphasizes their friendship. (WOW I USED BIG WORDS! yay!) Seriously, amazing. :)
Ersatz Writer chapter 6 . 10/6/2012
Yeesh, Jazz, just cos no one could give you a nickname.

On a more serious note, this was a very moving chapter. Favourite so far! (Sorry Chapter 2) I can just imagine Starscream's disappointment. He obviously thought of Skyfire as near perfect. Even if Skyfire didn't abandon him, even if he found out a tiny little flaw in his friend, he would probably have been quite... Horrified. I, personally, think Starscream is still quite... Young. I dunno if I told you this, or to someone else, but what he said to Skyfire, "One day I shall be leader, and you shall be my Second In Command." was probably the sweetest thing ever to come out of his mouth. He was willing to promote Skyfire to such a high position, and a position which he would probably be extremely wary about. I think both in the original G1 cartoon and this fanfic, Starscream would have been incredibly hurt by Skyfire's betrayal (whether to the Autobots or abandoning him in ice) and I think you portrayed it extremely well. I was close to tears imagining Starscream's turmoil.

Awesome work. :D sorry for the big block of writing. -_-
Ersatz Writer chapter 5 . 10/6/2012
Ooh, I gotta check that symbol out. (Yeah... I have the worst memory ever...)

Hahaha! I would LOVE to see a neon pink Sideswipe and bright orange Sunstreaker! Sunstreaker used to be an artist or something... Wasn't he? Nice one Screamer! Im not surprised he's a bit of a prankster himself. Not Skywarp type prankster, but... Mischievousness. His ability to dream up so many overthrowing plans must have come from somewhere. XD

By the way, does Starscream come from Crystal City? I've always been under the impression he would come from Vos... Or else, I dunno... -_-
Ersatz Writer chapter 4 . 10/6/2012
XD Wonder who the 'idiot' of the Command Trine is! ROFL

My favourite is the second half about Brawn. (Although i think you typed 'Brawl' in once by accident...) Even though I'm not too familiar with him. The part about his hatred to cowards, non-combatants, Decepticons and Seekers were really well written. So he's the one who always bullies Perceptor? O_O *gasp*

Aw, trust Wheeljack to be the first one to be nice to Starscream. I LOL-Ed at his fanboying. I wonder if Perceptor would start too? XD Now THAT would be something I'd like to see!

Although one... Small... Question. What's a minibot?
Ersatz Writer chapter 2 . 10/4/2012
Yay! Fave chappie so far! (Even though I've only read 2) I love the details during Starscream's struggle against the storm, realistic and well-described. :) What with how Starscream's feeling both physically and mentally, it was nice and flowed smoothly together. Having fun, huh? XD Bit like me when after a nice, relaxed long holiday I suddenly find that I have a pile of homework I hadn't done.

And the ending... Awesome. Especially the last line. It had a nice effect. (I can't really describe it... Except I wanted to scream: Someone IS looking for him you idiot!) Well, Skyfire was. Sort of.

I'll read more a bit later. :)