Reviews for Shirts of Green
cheryl.leggans chapter 5 . 6/29/2015
Very enjoyable can't wait for more
Guest chapter 5 . 11/16/2014
Good story
Shiary chapter 5 . 1/26/2014
lol love it!
Card Carrying Villains chapter 5 . 7/2/2011
This is an absoutely hilarious story, which I am finaly able to review (I didn't have an account before and don't like reviewing as an anon). You have (thankfully) managed to avoid the endless pit of doom that often occurs in humorous stories in which "humor" translates to "lets all be stupid and out of character". Hubert is also wonderfully characterized. I have a headcannon continuity for GI Joe (which I will never ever publish because it is cliched and angst ridden), and good OCs/characterizations have a way of making their way into it. Hubert wormed his way into my brain (in a good way) at around chapter 2. Thank you very much for making my day dreams 118.657% (approximately) more enjoyable.
willwrite4fics chapter 5 . 7/1/2011
"Ace wanted to play make the new guy vomit, so I played ruin the plane's interior upholstery. I won."

HAhahahaha... this was a fun chapter. Sometimes the chatter gets hard to follow, but it's fun.
Karama9 chapter 5 . 7/1/2011
Yay, an update! With squabbling ninja apprentices, too! I'm rather impressed Hubert managed to completely stop their fight - if temporarily. Honestly, that's already remarkable.

Loved the interview with Beach Head, that gives a pretty good idea of Hubert's potential contributions. Now what about Hoyden? Good for him on winning his battle with the plane's upholstery. That'll teach it. :D

Looking forward to more!
Strapakai chapter 4 . 3/8/2011
Good chapter.

I can't wait until Hubert's math abilities in the Joe context are explored.
Strapakai chapter 2 . 3/6/2011
OMG that guy can talk!

I am really enjoying the characters.
Strapakai chapter 1 . 3/6/2011
It is awesome that you are giving a face and name to some green shirts. I am anxious to see what a mathematician can do to help the Joes. Keep on writing
Sakura-bell chapter 4 . 3/4/2011
Hahahahaha You have officially made my morning. From the moment Hubert noticed the smooth white ninja in the corner I knew something funny was gonna happen. His answering Scarlett during roll call with another factoid, (about Donald Duck no less)you had me giggling. But when Tommy actually responded with a question involving ducks and pants I almost choked on my coffee from laughing so hard! This is a great fic & I can't wait for the next chapter.

"You'll go first." 3 words a greenie dreads hearing coming out of Storm's mouth. :)
Karama9 chapter 4 . 3/4/2011
First, I love that Storm Shadow yakked right back at Hubert, I always think of him as an unusually chatty ninja. His questioning Hubert reminded me of how he'd probably interact with one of my own greenie OCs. :)

That was very nice, as usual! I wonder what Hubert was selected for, other than entertainment value. I think you said he was good at math? Is he an operational analyst? Or am I imagining the math skills?

Looking forward to the next chapter!
Totenkinder Madchen chapter 3 . 2/19/2011
That's our Hubert. Random factoids, extremely specialized knowledge, and not so much running headlong into trouble as sauntering vaguely towards it while looking up at the sky and wondering why planes don't run into geese more often.

I liked the little moment with Snake-Eyes, Scarlett, and Hubert-the taco bit was funny, and I don't think it was out of character for any of the parties involved.

Also, Hubert is right. When you're 6'5", you can't fail to make SOME kind of impression. Granted that impression is usually "WTF, stop growing" but impressions are impressions. :)
Phoenix51 chapter 3 . 2/19/2011
mmmmmmmm...taco.

That sounds good right now. Anyway, this is a very cool story line!

Please Continue!
Karama9 chapter 3 . 2/18/2011
I would thoroughly enjoy joining Hubert and Hoyden's conversations. Love them both at this point.

Nice chapter! I noticed a few awkward sentences and typos, so I'd suggest you read through again when you have a chance, but nothing very major.

Eagerly awaiting the next one. :D
Sakura-bell chapter 3 . 2/18/2011
The whole world is like preschool. I can actually see that concept, and what's more I agree wholeheartedly. As for the philosophical font of wisdom that is Hoyden, I really like how he's a good foil for some of Hubert's crazy talk. I cracked up during this whole chap and I can't wait for the next chap!

Now I can't help cracking up every time I hear the word taco. Well done!