Reviews for Angels of the Storm
Forces from Kent would be pushing into south London, as a small geographic correction
Pure wow. Just binned the whole story... Looking back, I really prefer the way you did ME3 to the actual, cannon story.

I love the way you wrote the various characters, I was so bleak when Gaius died, Hulled had the perfect send-off worthy of a marine and tech marine who's name escapes me...

The way you put imperial tech worked wonderfully, yes it looks crude, but it is 38k years from nows... sure, they have allot of wetware, but the human brain is an amazing computer.

I am surprised by how low the final body count was, only 8 billion (was expecting at least 20 ala citadel). That said, I think you hit a great balance with regards to the cast. The deaths were always impactful (except jacob, but I never really cared for him anyway). And the deaths always hammered home that yes, this shot is real, yes the Space Marines can die, and often do, as they are fighting the reapers.

Lastly, love the epilog. It is obvious to us readers what Cerberus really is up to, and that Mallus endorses them. Which he, as any loyal son of the emprah, would.
taintedahab chapter 43 . 10/1/2020
Looks like Cyralius got enough XP to reach level 20.
Madgizmo chapter 65 . 2/16/2020
Well that was one hell of a ride, binged through both series in a couple of days, was quite entertaining. I do have a question. How would you feel about a reaction fic to this and Hammerhand at the If the Emperor Watched TTS Extras thread over on Spacebattle Forums? I was thinking about writing the Emprah and Sons reading/watching these two stories, but I felt it more appropriate to ask you for permission first.
jokeslayer94 chapter 51 . 10/20/2018
I have been reading fantasy and sci-fi fiction for over 20 years. I have read fan-fiction, self-published authors, and new york times best sellers. In fact, people started asking me how many books I read in a week when I was 9 years old.

That, sir, may be the single most badass chapter of anything I have ever read. You have my respect. I think Im going to go take a nap now, and hope I dream about this.
Didd23 chapter 56 . 9/18/2018
This is such a powerful chapter, and I'm happy to have finally found a crossover that gives someone in the ME universe a visual explanation of their universe than verbal exposition.
Chronus1326 chapter 11 . 8/22/2018
Yes! Finally a leader who can truly unite the Galaxy!
Vanessa Masters chapter 10 . 11/21/2017
Kullas," Tali said suddenly. "Why do you hate AIs so much? I'm not too keen on them myself, but you never really seemed to explain why you do."

"In the Imperium, we suffered a similar fate to the Quarians," Kullas said. "We created AIs, Iron Men, they were called, to serve us but they ended up rebelling. And it was, dare I say, even more bloody and tragic than the Geth War."

"We lost our homeworld, and our colonies," Tali said. "Billions of Quarians were killed."

"And trillions died in the Iron War," Kullas said. "When you fled the Geth in the Migrant Fleet, they did not pursue. That would not have stopped the Iron Men. They wanted more than just independence; they wanted the extinction of the entire human race. We won eventually, Omnissah knows how, but it plunged us into a technological dark age that only ended when the Omnissah in His aspect of the Emperor emerged to save us all. But we learnt our lesson; AIs are foul things, without machine spirit, and they must be destroyed whenever found."

"I guess it's fair enough that you were upset about Yamzarat Machtoro, then," Tali said. "He makes me think of those Titans you were telling me about a while ago."

"You weren't the only one to," Kullas said. "It is but a pale imitation, and no match for their holy power, but nonetheless, to have such a thing controlled by abominable intelligence, instead of a Princeps and crew…I can think of no greater a perversion of the Omnissah's most sacred of war machines."

"I quite like him," Tali said.

"Sorry?"

"He makes me think of someone I knew in the Migrant Fleet, once," Tali said. "An old Quarian Marine, Polma Liyel Vas Talmei; all military and honourable, but old and grumpy too. He's quite sweet."

"I had noticed it has taken quite a shine to you," Kullas remarked. "Though I don't quite know how you know what the machine tastes like; I would imagine it to be more of a metallic or oily flavour, if I must be honest."

"I…it's an expression, Kullas," Tali said, shaking her head.

"Ah, right," Kullas said. "I think I understand."

Talk and Kallus
Are cute.

The reapers attack Earth!
Vanessa Masters chapter 9 . 11/21/2017
What of the little creature with you?" Yamzarat Machtoro suddenly boomed. It pointed its immense railgun towards Tali to indicate who he meant, the Quarian involuntarily stepping back in the face of the cyclopean weapon. "I am curious."

"I…My name is Tali Zorah Vas Neema Nar Mechanicum," Tali said. "I'm a Quarian. And I want to know what you're doing on my homeworld."

"Your homeworld, little Quarian?" Yamzarat Machtoro asked. "This is the homeworld of the Askriit, not of the Quarians."

"Our people lived on this world for thousands of years," Tali said. "We built cities, and a culture and we took to the stars from here. It is our home."

"Impossible!" Yamzarat Machtoro boomed. "Unless…"

The god machine seemed to pause for though, before it said; "Yes. Ninety seven percent genetic similarity, physiological resemblance to some degree. So, the Lord Geneticist's work bore fruit. You are small, frail, but you face me down with courage. Worthy successors, if all Quarians are like yourself."

"Successors to what?" Tali asked.

"To the Askriit," Yamzarat Machtoro said. "You must be the fruit of the Descendant Project."

"Descendant Project?" Tali asked.

There was a pause, before Yamzarat Machtoro seemed to sigh, and then announced; "If you do not know of the Descendant Project, then I am afraid, little Quarian, what I have to say may be somewhat of a shock to you."

—-

Oh boy, what is tali gonna learn now?
Vanessa Masters chapter 8 . 11/21/2017
Creepy prophecy time!
Vanessa Masters chapter 7 . 11/21/2017
This is a cruel place," Samara murmured as they went through the streets. "Many people come here hoping to build themselves better lives, only to find poverty and crime. I might return here if we defeat the Reapers; these people need a guardian."

"If we defeat the Reapers?" Malleus asked, tone gently reprimanding. "You've such little faith in me?"

Samara smiled.

"Your optimism does you credit, Malleus," she said.

"Not optimism," Malleus replied. "Certainty."

—-

Oh the Astartes are celibate, a pity. XD still Malleus did a good job reeling Morinth in...feel bad for Samara.

Malleus had to kill his son, and Samara his daughter.
Vanessa Masters chapter 6 . 11/21/2017
The Asari that lounged on the couch before them smiled mirthlessly as they entered the balcony. Her skin was a deep shade of bluish purple, while geometric black tattoos formed spines across her forehead and Her clothes had a simple military cut to them; for somebody with such a romanticised, extravagant title, Aria seemed to dress simply, the only sign of excess being the cocktail she held in one hand. But it was her eyes that were her most striking feature; intensely focussed, assessing, taking in everything and giving nothing away.

—-

BEST description of aria I ever read!

Oh,
And Malleus makes a impression on her.
Vanessa Masters chapter 5 . 11/21/2017
Well here I am," Malleus said. "You're worried about me, fine, but I assure you that there's nothing to worry about. Gaius' death wasn't good, I know, and if I could have avoided it I would have, but I know there was nothing I could do. There's nothing to talk about. He is dead. It is a shame, and I wish it had not happened, but I have moved on."

"Malleus, I said almost exactly the same thing when I discovered something…terrible about one of my daughters," Samara said. "I tried to present a strong front, to try and convince others around me that I was fine, that I needed no extra attention, but it ate me up inside, tore me apart. I know the pain of losing a child, Malleus, and you cannot simply quash it into nothing."

"I lost no child," Malleus said. "Gaius was not my son."

"Not by blood, but Titus told me about how you rescued him from Polgrin IV, how you took him to the Sons, how you made sure that after he completed his training he was transferred to Sixth Company, how you kept an eye on him through his training. You did exactly what a father did, Malleus."

"Perhaps I did," Malleus said. "But Gaius is dead now. There is nothing more I can do."

"You can stop blaming yourself," Samara said gently.

"Blaming myself?" Malleus asked. "I do not blame myself."

"After the Reaper ship, you confined him to the Normandy," Samara said. "And he was taken by the Collectors. And you blame yourself for that."

"I do not," Malleus said. "How could I have known that Harbinger would attack the Normandy?"

"I know," Samara said. "But you feel that what happened to Gaius was your fault, do you not?"

There was a silence, before Malleus said; "Partly, perhaps. It is not rational, I know."

"You need to let go of that idea, Malleus," Samara said. "What happened to Gaius was not your fault."

"I know, I know," Malleus said. "But it still pains me, nonetheless."

—-

Very moving and comforting of Samara.
And I bet even Malleus found sympathy for Samara after hearing the date of her daughters, especially Morinth.
Vanessa Masters chapter 4 . 11/21/2017
Crazy cool! All the fighting, and a Wrex dragging that leader out to execute in front of the other krogan. Fine work.
Vanessa Masters chapter 3 . 11/20/2017
Well he handled Emily Wong well, but the councilors not so much.