Reviews for Alice's Story: Not Quite the Last of the Mohicans
lillalil chapter 1 . 5/7/2014
Likes it- always wanted them to survive
compa16 chapter 1 . 8/9/2013
Good read
k1942 chapter 1 . 8/31/2012
A much happier story ending than the movie, I liked it a lot!
MaiMama chapter 1 . 10/18/2011
LJ, I love this. I used to be obsessed with this movie, and it was the Unca/Alice pairing that was so captivating. I most certainly cried when she jumped to join him after he died trying to save her. sniff How lovely to find a way to have a happy ending. 3 It makes me want to go back and watch the movie. I loved the soundtrack, too. Thanks for sharing this!
Ana seriously chapter 1 . 9/16/2011
Amazing!
CinnamonKitty chapter 1 . 2/11/2011
This was great-I had loved this movie years ago. I will have to read the book! Thank you!
Jan ML chapter 1 . 2/10/2011
Oh, I liked this! The writing style and characterizations are more old fashioned and formal that most in this section, and it really worked for this story. The romances developed really fast but didn't feel rushed or out of place. I enjoyed getting the POV of a mature Alice reflecting back on this time. Also loved the HEA (I don't read much romance and had to look up that term). I don't always need one in a story but for this couple I really do need it. Thanks for sharing your "stray story".
u2shay chapter 1 . 2/10/2011
Oh, what to say? I loved it? I thought it was fabulous? Goodness, I love it when you write historical stuff? Yeah...all that! *grin*

You know, I always preferred the Uncas/Alice pairing (even if they died in the movie) to Duncan/Alice.

This was just lovely with all the possibilities and - gasp! - an HEA! (You rebel you!)

And don't think I missed that stellar usage of the Brit word "whilst." I totally saw it and smiled. Kudos, you!

I loved your characterization of Alice and Uncas...everybody really.

Heartfelt applause. Wonderful story. I enjoyed it thoroughly! Thanks so much for sharing!

Shay
SagaDevotee chapter 1 . 2/10/2011
Brutal. Romantic. Well done.