Reviews for Alice's Story: Not Quite the Last of the Mohicans
Bluewolf80 chapter 1 . 7/14
My Favorite Movie Of All Time. And you have done a wonderful job with your fanfic/summery? I loved hearing everything from Alice's POV. She was an amazing character. I always cried for her in the movie.
I'll leave with only this; "What an adventure! I shan't sleep tonight!"
BlueSaffire chapter 1 . 7/13
Yay for HEA endings for this wonderful couple! I like Alice's POV and her looking back on things. And I like how you make Uncas a bit more forthcoming towards Alice, but still in character. Thank you for sharing!
Canimal chapter 1 . 3/25
Oh, what a sweet, wonderful story! The Last of the Mohicans is one of my all-time favorite movies and I absolutely adore the book. You've encouraged me to pull it out once more and reread it, though without this ending in sure it will be sorely lacking.

Alice and Uncas' story was always my favorite part. So romantic, if tragic. I love that you gave them a happy ending. Wonderful story!
lillalil chapter 1 . 5/7/2014
Likes it- always wanted them to survive
compa16 chapter 1 . 8/9/2013
Good read
k1942 chapter 1 . 8/31/2012
A much happier story ending than the movie, I liked it a lot!
MaiMama chapter 1 . 10/18/2011
LJ, I love this. I used to be obsessed with this movie, and it was the Unca/Alice pairing that was so captivating. I most certainly cried when she jumped to join him after he died trying to save her. sniff How lovely to find a way to have a happy ending. 3 It makes me want to go back and watch the movie. I loved the soundtrack, too. Thanks for sharing this!
Ana seriously chapter 1 . 9/16/2011
CinnamonKitty chapter 1 . 2/11/2011
This was great-I had loved this movie years ago. I will have to read the book! Thank you!
Jan ML chapter 1 . 2/10/2011
Oh, I liked this! The writing style and characterizations are more old fashioned and formal that most in this section, and it really worked for this story. The romances developed really fast but didn't feel rushed or out of place. I enjoyed getting the POV of a mature Alice reflecting back on this time. Also loved the HEA (I don't read much romance and had to look up that term). I don't always need one in a story but for this couple I really do need it. Thanks for sharing your "stray story".
Shay's-Not-Here-Anymore chapter 1 . 2/10/2011
Oh, what to say? I loved it? I thought it was fabulous? Goodness, I love it when you write historical stuff? Yeah...all that! *grin*

You know, I always preferred the Uncas/Alice pairing (even if they died in the movie) to Duncan/Alice.

This was just lovely with all the possibilities and - gasp! - an HEA! (You rebel you!)

And don't think I missed that stellar usage of the Brit word "whilst." I totally saw it and smiled. Kudos, you!

I loved your characterization of Alice and Uncas...everybody really.

Heartfelt applause. Wonderful story. I enjoyed it thoroughly! Thanks so much for sharing!

SagaDevotee chapter 1 . 2/10/2011
Brutal. Romantic. Well done.