Reviews for War Wounds
EmeraldTyphoon47 chapter 2 . 1/5
Interesting to see that you had Robert Mugabe die before World War Z started. If he had been alive I bet he would've had his secret police massacre any zombie they could find and turn Zimbabwe into a fortress. Unfortunately, Zimbabwe's politicians here seem to have been fighting over mundane issues instead. I'm surprised they managed to escape being incorporated into the "United States of Southern Africa" and instead just broke up like Italy in the Middle Ages.
EmeraldTyphoon47 chapter 7 . 1/5
The wait you wrote this chapter is very thought-provoking and moving. I like the character of Luca Dalcone and how he decided to give the patients a less painful death and the way you ended the entry with his death was quite moving. I'm not really surprised that Malta was able to survive the zombie war well considering how they survived all of those bombs during World War II (though I'm curious as to how a malaria outbreak would start there).
Also, I wouldn't say the the Japanese way would be to "work harder" during a crisis (except maybe during harsh economic times) I'd say it's be to either endure it or kill yourself.
EmeraldTyphoon47 chapter 3 . 1/5
Very interesting take on Mongolia's role in the zombie war. I'm curious as to why Mongolia chose to get aid from China instead of Russia since the Mongolian government historically (and currently) trusts Russia MUCH more than China. Also, in regards to that refugee stituation, did the Mongolian government Chinese and Inner Mongolian refugees the same way? Furthermore, I find your take on paleontology suffering from the war to be quite interesting and I agree with how sometimes stories that are "based on a true story" are sometimes absurd. Though I have to admit I'm surprised that paleontologists would be viewed negatively because of that book considering how the pre-war lack of media literacy was what allowed the zombie plague to spread so much and also allowed Phalanx to gain so much profit. Also, Mongolia's armed forces aren't really weak; they've been supplied the USSR and continue to get supplies and weapons from Russia and many of their officers were trained by Russian and Soviet generals (although whether they could've withstood the zombies is questionable due to their small number).
But overall very interesting and well-researched.
Ciarlini chapter 8 . 5/29/2012
Great Writting man, Specially the 8 chapter. I think that's pretty much how a real survivor would make, not killing zombies and nothing fancy, just good and old sneak and stealth.

Two things caught my attention though, you have one question, made by you ( or whoever is making the interview), that James doesn't answer it.

Second one is more a personal thing. I think you should make more interactions between the interviwer and the interviewees.

Again, great story. It really captures the book essence, and I really think you should write few more interviews. One idea I have for you, is a chapter about the Astronauts at the ISS, how they would survive and such.
Trar chapter 8 . 4/30/2012
A very good collection. I don't know of you'd still update it, but I definitely wouldn't mind if you would at the very least. ...and by that I mean I'd love it and would continue reading it. A fellow reviewer raised an interesting point about the various nuclear power plants around the world. Maybe you could write something about that?
PadawanMage chapter 8 . 2/15/2012
Very nicely written! I finished all chapters last night.

I did have one thing I was curious about...in the beginning of this chapter, you set up that James is annoyed how people keep asking him about being a LaMoe, which is why, as the story progressed, i half expected something bad to happen to Sonia.

When it didn't, i asked myself, 'Why wasn't she as annoyed? Wasn't she also being asked, as much as James, about also being a LaMoe?' I mean, she'd survived just as long as he did, right?

Just wondering...
axel100 chapter 7 . 3/16/2011
So it takes a zombi apocalypse to bring democracy to Libya? Figures...Another great update. The mercy killings were certainly provocative.
axel100 chapter 6 . 3/8/2011
Brings to mind the old Tolstoy truism of being able to judge a society by the way it treats its prisoners. So what does that say about those who want to conveniently dispose of the quislngs?
axel100 chapter 3 . 3/8/2011
Basically Roy Chapman Andrews meets Fort Apache. Talk about an unlikely combination. I am curious as to how they kept supplied at the base. Eventually, they would have run out of food and being in the middle of Asia puts you well away from the coast and many populated centers that might be able to help support you.
axel100 chapter 2 . 3/8/2011
The sad truth is that Zimbabwe is in ruins now without a zombie invasion. They would have just been one more layer of misery on top of a country that is already practically a failed state. Interesting perspective though.
axel100 chapter 5 . 3/8/2011
Actually, Brunei looks fairly exposed. Sure the surrounding jungle would be an impediment to most invaders but would only slow down zombie hordes. I'm amazed the Sultan of Brunei though he could hold out, declaring his kingdom a Gibraltar of the Pacific. Funny there was a little city just across the Straits from his kingdom that was supposedly a fortress state as well. It ended up only taking 5000 Japanese soldiers on bicycles to take Singapore. Those who fail to heed history really are doomed to repeat it.
JayElem0 chapter 5 . 3/1/2011
Completely messed up and realistic stories of survivors. Well done.
axel100 chapter 4 . 2/20/2011
This actually raises another good point. What about the numerous nuclear plants around the world. Were they abandoned during the Zombie War. How many of them went critical bcause no one was there to cool the fuel rods.
militaryhistory chapter 3 . 2/15/2011
Good work, sir.
axel100 chapter 1 . 2/14/2011
Great story so far though I'm not sure how he managed to import so rare a commodity as zombie sniffing dogs. You'd think the few countries that took the threat seriously enough to train them would be averse to parting with any of them. Otherwise loving this one.