Reviews for Of Pincushions and Paternal Instinct
allieisrandom chapter 1 . 10/23/2012
My review for Family Ties is way too short! It's my ideal universe! Finchel and Klaine and a Hudmel sister and New Directions being friends forever, Puck being protective of Emily aww, Harry Potter halloween OMG, Finchel and Klaine weddings SHIPPER HEART PERFECTION, Emily is the cutest thing ever all by herself, brotherly love for her is amazing, and best of all you weren't STUPID like Ryan Murphy and make Blaine be a junior so Klaine could fall apart! :P And I wish fanfiction rules let me post another review there so I didn't randomly have to stick it here!
Oh, and this actual story-OH THE MOLLIE KURT AND BURT FEELS THIS IS SO PERFECT! Stupidest thing RM ever did: break up Klaine, second stupidest thing: not hire you.
trufflemores chapter 1 . 9/29/2012
Now I'm picturing Burt's reaction to Kurt being married and it's giving me all the future Klaine feels. In a way, I hope we get that scene canonically, simply because Burt's face would be priceless. I love how he's always the protective father and he'd do anything for Kurt, even though he hasn't always understood him. It's nice to read a scene like this between the two of them, where Burt is satisfied with simpler things and Kurt wants him to have the best wedding possible. It brings out both of their personalities nicely - Burt fussing about the fact that Kurt is altering his suit, Kurt insisting that he needs to look his best for the occasion - and it shows their bond. They have gone through a lot together, and the loss of Mollie is rarely more present than it is here. Both of them are reflective, but they've survived and even, to a degree, moved past that pain. With Carole, they can rebuild their little family into something that isn't the same but is /them./

This is one of the last moments where they'll have to be on their own. It's sweet that you captured it, because it re-emphasizes both the fact that they still miss Mollie and that they're ready to accept a new mother-wife figure into their lives. I loved it.
Patricia Sage chapter 1 . 9/16/2012
Did you know that Ryan Murphy confirmed via Twitter that Kurt is getting married at age 21? Somebody asked him "How old is Kurt going to be when he gets married?" and Ryan replied to that person, "21."
Ravenpan chapter 1 . 4/17/2012
*grins* this was darling
rofro05 chapter 1 . 2/12/2012
Just this little bit was exactly what the episode needed. And I love how you worked in your own little bit of headcannon with Burt not really having a wedding the first time around.

Although I loved this episode, I thought that they just glossed over the idea that these are two completely seperate familes comming together to make a new one. And no matter how much all the parties say they are ready and excited, it's important to make sure that they are all ok. To me it's just not believeable that he wouldn't have this kind of conversation with Kurt before moving foward.

And then for Kurt to ask his dad if his mom would have minded that he was gay... it just broke my heart. I love the way that you have Burt reassure him here, it was just lovely
StormsInNeverland chapter 1 . 12/19/2011
Yes, I am totally stalking your stories now. Sorry I didn't review one of them, I favourited it instead because for some reason it wouldn't let me :/ This was a beaut! I love Burt Hummel :3

Over and out.

-Sally
aridnie chapter 1 . 10/26/2011
Meeep! Father-son love. I adore Burt. He always makes me smile!
Ghostlanxx chapter 1 . 5/8/2011
You are so right, they are absolutely misguided fools for not putting this scene in the episode :'((
unique94chick chapter 1 . 3/21/2011
I wont lie, I had a little sad smile on my face, and tears in my eyes, and I'm not ashamed to admit I squealed when Burt got protective over his baby boy against an unknown...threat/boyfriend? He's probably gonna get another flamethrower and hide it. Loved this, it was soo cute :3 I was expecting something in the episode, though I didn't know what until I read this. :D
Lycoris B chapter 1 . 2/25/2011
BRILLIANT AND SAD AND AWESOME AND MY CAPS LOCK IS BROKEN.
sydg813 chapter 1 . 2/21/2011
I really need to stop pre-judging. :(

When I was alerted about this, I was not excited. I figured that it wasn't really my type of story. So, i didn't read it.

I am sorry. I really liked that! You are an awesome writer!
golden-perception chapter 1 . 2/15/2011
Awww! Soooo cute! Send me a link of the screenshot!
JediShadowolf chapter 1 . 2/12/2011
Only just got the opportunity to read this and I have to agree, a scene like this should've been in FURT. I guess they ran out of time, but I would've loved to see it. Thanks for giving us a glorious missing scene. :)
Saerlaith Cainnech chapter 1 . 2/12/2011
I love Burt when he's all parent-y. "You're not allowed to get married until you're 45." Hah!
thisaccountisinactivelosiento chapter 1 . 2/12/2011
Omg, squeeeeee! Ok, this might sound a little juvenile, but this was sooo presh! *hugs fic and Caitlin happily* _

Seriously woman. You're breaking my squee button. Permanently. *glares*

Lol, jk love. Heart you. 3

I like that you showed how much Kurt has grown; that was a lovely homage to Chris Colfer's maturation.

Also, I would gladly read an OTP fic with Caitlin/Laptop. Lol XD