Reviews for Lamplit Love
So cute!
kylielink chapter 1 . 2/18/2011
liked it.
Iscah McKrae chapter 1 . 2/14/2011
In such a short, little one-shot, how can there be so many perfect phrases? Truly made for Literati. Is that why it's Lamp"lit" Love? ;-)

Favorite words:

"her indefinable mix of sophisticated ingenue and airy, mischievous nymph" - absolutely Rory.

"Questions like these used to ruffle him; irritate him like dry dust in his eyes, making them smart and water" - beautiful description of the emotionally irritating, painful nature of questions that call into questions the things we need most never to be questioned.

"he's figured out a thing or two about this girl- his girl- till death do them part. She worries. She rationalizes. All the statistics on marriage and divorce file themselves away in her mind, and her mother's track record and her own abandonment issues, however well-hidden by the festivals and diner food and inside jokes of her childhood, still remain" - he finally understands the tickings of her, the workings that will make them work at last.

"There's just nothing else that would ever work." - This is so perfectly Jess. Simple. Pure. His love.

"Like pieces of a puzzle." :D

Absolute best:

"since they've twisted their very selves together like shoelaces, never to come untied" - perfection.
Jeremy Shane chapter 1 . 2/11/2011
Good story
watram chapter 1 . 2/11/2011
Would you believe me if I told you that I thought about writing to you to check that you're alive just yesterday? Well, I did. I've missed your writing! Need more!

On to the actual review though. Aww, this was so sweet. Totally how I picture Mr and Mrs Mariano in a few years (and Lorelai, seriously, butt out, Rory's supposed to be Mrs Mariano!). So many great lines. Like that about Rory's abandonment issues. And the 'another version of wedding vows, almost'. It's so beautifully intimate.

Lovely work!
Betsy86 chapter 1 . 2/11/2011
This was adorable! Very cute!

Though Jess watching project runway is hilarious! I just can't picture it!