Reviews for Luckier Star
kaylakaze chapter 60 . 7/22
*Sigh* done with everything. After the horror that was the first 14 chapters and the blah of the 6 after that, the story really got great. I can't wait for the next part, though I'm not sure if it'll ever come.
kaylakaze chapter 53 . 7/21
Chapter 53 was also amazing! I love what happened with Kagami (she's my favorite LS character and one of my favorite characters in anything, I don't know why). The Tadao/Matsuri/Inori scene was so fantastic and made me cry so much.
kaylakaze chapter 50 . 7/21
Chapter 50 was amazing. Good job.
kaylakaze chapter 43 . 7/20
I just started ch 43. As expected, your writing has gotten much better, as has the story once you dropped the ridiculous attempts at reference humor (you occasionally do good ones, maybe 5-10% of the time). I still don't understand how you could say in Chapter 10 (or 11?) that you could do the story without Mary Sue, considering the story isn't about anything but Mary Sue. At least there was finally some Konami, but still way too much focus on Suekasa.
kaylakaze chapter 13 . 7/19
I really which I could have reviewed this thing while it was being written. Actually, probably not because I probably wouldn't have read long enough to put up with it. I know AC is now a good writer from his other stuff, but here I am on Chapter 13 and am beyond disgusted with this. I'm seriously hoping the OTT Mary Sue OC finally gets dropped like he promised in 11. I'm only writing this review now instead of waiting until it's done because I'm am in such a state of disgust and fury at the Boondocks Saints quote. It's so disgustingly out of place that I nearly vomited. I need to vent.
ploto87 chapter 60 . 5/30
I just finished reading the entire series up to this chapter, and wow, I'm impressed! Since I just started reading the first chapter a few days ago and finished now, and since I don't know how long you usually upload a new chapter, I was wondering if you could upload your new chapter soon because I'm so excited to continue reading this series!
Kacper From Vodka Country chapter 59 . 5/23
Oh yeah.. But you are creator and i cant change anything.. I think i went to far , sorry.
Kacper From Vodka Country chapter 60 . 5/12
Amazing story so far.. I started reading it on 4th of may , and im already done... Whew... But i have to say im missing konata's and tony talk moments.. These we're always most entertaiming moments (for me atleast) , but when konata started living in Hiiragi's house i started to feel that smthing was missing.. Wdll i can just hope she will come back into her father's house ;) .. But other than that it is amazing , please update more often :)
prospectorsgold chapter 60 . 2/20
This chapter was really cute! It kept me continuously giggling while reading it. I didn't notice that these last three chapters have all been of the same day. Anyways, nice chapter. It was really fun to read.
NoMutant chapter 60 . 2/18
Thanks for another wonderful chapter as always :)

I was curious about some of the references you are drawing from for this story - I can't remember If I asked before but are the four spirits taken from the computer game monster mon? (or something like that - I forget it's name) but I'm sure they were called slyph and salamander etc. And the fire gem is a naruto thing right?

And I recognize some of the Gods you use like Amaterasu ofcourse - is Hatchiman a 'real' historical figure too? I kinda like the bits where he and Tony talk about God stuff.

The time accelerated plane sounds really useful if they can get it to work :) I mean it takes you as long and as much effort from your own perspective - but as far as the rest of the world is concerned,
you could go in and come out super skillful in like 1 or 2 days! (Though I guess you'd still age a few years or however long you spent there).

If you have them use it are they gonna just pop in and out i.e write it from an external reference frame - or 'follow' them in and show us their training etc? (Though that would make your story even longer :) ). It reminds me a lot of Evangeline's pocket dimension castle :) I assume that's what it's based on since you are a big Negima fan?

I enjoyed the onsen scene too - I'm glad Tsukasa admitted she could have loved a girl too :) And I like Tereya more than I used to now - but I still think there's stuff we don't know about her.

I see Tsukasa is just as protective of her secret recipe in this story as in TRTP :) I still don't get why she is so vehement about it though.

I thought the thing with Tony wondering if he was ready for that level of intimacy was interesting too - you always here about if a girl is ready - as though all guys automatically all good to go and desperate for it lol - but even though they'd probably be mocked if they told their buddies (unfairly) I think its totally true sometimes it might well be the guy, not the girl - who isn't ready for it - and that doesn't make them as wuss or anything!

I think when a couple is ready to be intimate is going to vary a lot - and depends on the individuals and how they interact as a couple - some types of couples are super comfortable with each other quickly - others needs longer.

If I had to guess for this story - it seems to me Kagami and Konata are very comfortable with each other and are probably ready if an opportunity arose. I guess Tony needs more time - Miyuki and Masuta seem not far off ready - Yutaka and Minami might surprisingly already be ready too - and Inori and Matsuri are probably already all over each other every night lol if I had to guess :)

I wonder how YOU see their relationships coming? Probably differently :)

I think I have a similar view as Kagami to the master / slave situation - It's amusing on one level, but I proffer their normal interactions - half of the fun of K/K is their banter and quips and Konata's teasing of Kagami :)

It was funny when Inori and Matsuri were teasing them after eves dropping lol :) But I don't blame Kagami for getting carried away playing with Konata's hair :) If Konata ever gets a day of slave Kagami, I hope she instead spends the evening playing 'dress up' with Kagami - I can imagine how much she'd love to make Kagami try all her cosplay outfits on lol :)

I really liked the bit with Miyuki and her mom talking too - we never knew anything about her father - so he is still alive then? I guess he hasn't maintained contact - even with just his daughter though given how little Miyuki knew - does he even send a birthday card etc I wonder? It was nice to see mother and daughter bonding and opening up like that though.

I wonder who Yukari used to love? You didn't even use a gender pronoun so that made me wonder if it was a girl? I guess she has had lovers since then since she knew so much about local love hotels - but nothing serious I guess? That's kinda sad - she seems a bit lonely.

Talking about the mothers - There was more hints about Miyuki's past but not much - so she was an expert sword wielder? Since you can't use a real sword in fights - just to practice forms - when you say she was the school ace, do you mean in kendo?

If someone is gonna teach the basics of the sword to anyone else, I'd imagine those wood swords they use in kendo would be the way to go.

Anyways I really enjoyed this chapter and I look forward to seeing where it goes next :)
TomekTTX chapter 60 . 2/14
Wooo, another chapter! :D
So this one was rather chilled out. I liked it! Especially the whole story of Yukari being so eager for Masuta and Miyuki to... do the thing already. And Kanpeki (I swear, I was gonna call him Kaneki, gosh darn it Tokyo Ghoul!) cooking something edible. And Kagami playing with Konata's hair that somehow ended up sounding like sex. And suddenly it turns out I liked everything the most. Eh, not far from the truth xD
Did I get that right, this story has a chance to be in a manga form? Hoooooly, that would be amazing!
Hmm, I guess there is nothing more to say. I'll be back for the next chapter!
Redler Red7 chapter 60 . 2/12
That was a wonderful chapter Ac.

Call me numb to it but I've lost interest in Tsukasa's super cuteness and her and Tony's absolute adoration of each other. I'm completely fine with it still being in the story - it's honestly a big part of their character - but I no longer find it as entertaining as I used to. That said, something interesting to me is how they deal with their home situation. Which is really weird. I find the most mundane details of their lives so interesting. Like that bit where they were cleaning, or that other bit where Tony gave Tsukasa some money.

Miyuki and Masuta have an interesting dynamic about them. I don't know if I've mentioned this before but they're so similar to each other. But also, there are lots and lots of small details that make some completely different people. And like with all relationships, the way these similarities and differences combine make for usually interesting interaction. So far, we've gotten teacher/student, older brother/younger sister, intellectual/intellectual, and of course, boyfriend/girlfriend. I'd say their interaction where they're attempting to act like bf/gf seems the most awkward. The is just me personally, but I don't think those two pull off romance as well as they should. And yet, that's what makes their relationship so interesting.

And finally, Konami. Honestly, I've long grown tired of this pairing and the most interesting parts of their relationship in Luckier Star has to do with who these characters are in this story specifically. Konata Izumi is a shonen protagonist while Kagami is her love interest and almost every interaction they have in this fic after the transition into shonen-battle-slice-of-life fits that description. With that said, this is still one of the few instances where Konami still has a hold on me. This is not the same Konata we get in nearly every Konami story and this is not the same Kagami either. They both have their differences from minor to major and every change to the formula has made it better and better.

This is one of the longest stories I've ever read and it seems you're aiming for longer. Good luck to you man. We'll all be here with you every step of the way - within reason, of course.
Gigarot chapter 60 . 2/12
So more spirits, though Kagami really needs one more than Tony. And what a twist, Hachiman actually had good news for Kagami.

I totally understand how boring that reply gets, having a fetish in which that reply is used a lot, you tend to want more original stuff. I'm glad Kagami managed to enjoy herself at the end despite it.

Miyuki mastering a way to fight without needing power would be pretty cool in practice, and also her plot regarding her family totally made this chapter, but, who was the person Yukari loved? I think she forgot to clarify this part.
Symantra chapter 60 . 2/12
Shameless reference to Fate/Zero, eh? Approval.
You wrote three chapters plus over half of a fourth in ONE day? I wish I could do that. Good job on not uploading them all at the same time, reading a lot of content really can be draining.
Quite a lot of ambition for the story, best of luck with getting a deal with a manga or animated series!
If you don't mind me asking, what is TRTP? I'm not familiar with the term.
Guest chapter 2 . 12/18/2015
This is actually really really good! I really like your writing style, it flows really well and is fun to read. The only thing I would criticise is that Tony seems to be a Gary-Stew. Other than that, it's perfect!