Reviews for For the Sake of Freedom
Maddiecake chapter 4 . 8/29/2006
This was beautiful, amazing, it brought tears to my eyes. How do you know so much about these things?

It had so much imagery, I could see a lot of it in my mind... it was sad, really really sad.
lefty chapter 4 . 12/8/2002
sad sad sad

so sad..makes me cry every time i read it

true though, poor race

it really does give you a new perspective on war, and how aweful it really is

keep writing
Maggie Davis chapter 4 . 6/4/2002
That was the sadest story I have ever read in my whole life! The last time I cried that hard was when my friend lost his life to leukemia. It was soo good and sooooo sad. Great job. It takes a lot to make me cry.

Maggie Davis
Corky Higgins chapter 4 . 3/28/2002
ok...i know i have said this a million times when stories have been tearjerkers, but...*sighs* holy sh**...i seriously cried my eyes out reading this story...know from personal happenings what it's like to lose a person that you love dearly. i know what Race was feeling when his son said he wanted to join favorite cousin said the same thing...people keep telling me he's fine...but i need to see him to know it...*galps and sniffs* very good...
Lysaka chapter 4 . 3/27/2002
oh no! sad..sniff...are you happy, you're making me cry! Wow! you're such a great writer. Keep writing, you've got a gift.
angel13 chapter 4 . 3/26/2002
omg...I just cried through that whole thing. That was incredible. I loved it. I never read anything so sad. I just wanna hug Race. Is your next story going to be this sad? I better buy another box of tissues.
The Cheshire Kat chapter 3 . 3/25/2002
This is a very good story- it reminds me of a mix of Jeff and Michael Shaara (who wrote "Gods and Generals" and "Gettysburg" (both about the Civil War)) and Saving Private Ryan. Its a great combination and you write very well. Yor right- war is not glory, it's horror and pain. Most people don't reralize that. Though this story's sad, its more true than a lot of war novels.
T.H.W chapter 4 . 3/25/2002
Oh. My. Gosh. I am like bawling buckets over here. I'm not kidding. Throughout this whole story you've taken me on an emotional rollercoaster ride. War is so sad and depressing. Thats why I understood what you meant in your Author's Note. In order to make the story realistic, Vinnie had to die. I knew that. But it was so sad, but he died like he would have: giving his mask to another person with a family. Thank you so much for this story. I can't wait for your next one.

Your #1 fan,

Rae Kelly chapter 4 . 3/24/2002
This has been one of the best stories that I have read. You have such a way with words. I can't wait to see more of your work.
SaraBeth chapter 4 . 3/24/2002
Wwwaaaaaahhh! Poor Vinnie! Poor Race! Great job showing the realities of war. It's REALLY well done. But so sad! Now you need to get away from Racetrack and back on track with Black. I'm on track with Lupin, (but that just doesn't have the same ring to it) hehehe. And you still owe me a cookie!

T.H.W chapter 3 . 3/24/2002
Wow. You are such a great writer. This chapter proves it especially. Wow, wow, wow. You've got the whole aspect of war down completely. Poor Les! You gave me a fright there for a minute. Poor Les. The scene that really tore me up though was the scene between Vinnie and the German soldier. Very good, very sad, keep it up!

Ann Valentine chapter 3 . 3/23/2002
Thanks a lot . . . now I'm sitting here, crying and trying not to attract attention. *sniffles; wipes eyes* Wonderful story with absolutely heartrending descriptions. I felt *so* awful for Mayer when he got the telegram. 'Scuse me, I gotta go cry now.
Kora chapter 3 . 3/23/2002
you're amazing, have i told you that yet? you're just awesome. your description of war is so realistic. you chronicalled the obvious change in vinnie's viewpoint of war perfectly. this is just...heavy. heavy and awesome. more!
Rae Kelly chapter 3 . 3/23/2002
WOW...This was incredible...So realistic and accurate...Please post more soon.
T.H.W chapter 2 . 3/23/2002
Great introductions of everybody! It gives us a glimpse of what the kids have become since the time we last read about them. Oh poor Les. Gettin' shipped off to war. Bummer. And Vinnie and Snicks wanna go to? STUPID PEOPLE! WAR IS NOT BEAUTIFUL! *pant, pant* I've ranted about this plenty in my story about the movie "The Patriot", so I know where you're coming from in your introduction. Uh-oh. Can we say impending doom? Poor Race and Vinnie. This is gonna hurt. This story is as great as your last! Keep it up!