Reviews for The REAL Ending to Vampire of the Mists
EVERYBODY chapter 1 . 8/16/2009
You're stupid. And I mean that in every sense of the word. If you don't like a book... don't fucking talk about it. If you've never read a book, don't write about it. Jander didn't die... READ. The Ravenloft series never calms to be original, they like the fact that they spin the classics into twisted and chaotic horrors. You're probably never picked up a classic, you probably burn books.
The Hourglass Mage chapter 1 . 2/26/2009
Well... I have read Ravenloft and I am officially obsessed. I have been collecting them for probably almost a year, (maybe not even that long) but I have bent over backwards trying to add them all to my collection. I've got quite a few of them so far. I LOVE, ADORE, and WORSHIP Strahd and his series. And I don't know what anyone else might think ... but I love the fact that they are 'rip-offs' of the classics. I read both. I think they make the classics more interesting. :D

Of course, I still collect the entire Ravenloft series, even though there are a few in there I didn't care for. Vampire of the Mists was not my favorite because I felt the writing was weak. Dance of the Dead, Mordenheim, and Spectre of the Black Rose again were not some I particularly enjoyed.

I, Strahd (both Memoirs of a Vampire and The War Againzt Azalin) were two of my absolute favorites. Knight of the Black Rose was good too, and Carnival of Fear was simply AMAZING.

I really think you should give them a chance. :)
me chapter 1 . 8/31/2008
your ending sucked
Lord Khuzdul chapter 1 . 12/26/2004
well, they ARE ripofs, mostly, but Azalin is not, and he is the only original character worthy of consideration in Ravenloft in my opinion. And, wanna see evil? try Abyss and Baator. Planescape is a beautiful place. I wonder how Nire would fare in Sigil, where nobody gives a damn for nobody.

And, i think your ending is very close to canon. if you read Villains Lorebook you will get what I mean.
Kris chapter 1 . 4/17/2004
If you think Vampire of the Mist or any of the ones about Strahd are just Dracula with different name, you've clearly never read Dracula.
Stillwind11 chapter 1 . 4/15/2004
Wah! You ruined the ending! Bad Wanlorn! Very bad! How can you hate Ravenloft? If you do you shouldnt put a story in the catagory! He didnt die and now I'm dying! Look at me! I'm mmeellttiinngg! Glurb...
Alteng chapter 1 . 12/10/2003
Yes, indeed the setup for Ravenloft is a rip off of classic horror stories, but there are some original character settings in there too. My friend told me once that the story of Dracula is public domain, and how many spin offs do we have of that one! Trust me, I wrote one.
A small flaming to you, if you don't like this series, don't write on it. There are many sections on this site that are based on books/tv shows (especially)/ movies that I don't care much for.
"Vampires of the Mist" is a descently good book, and is orignal in many ways. Even the "I, Strahd" books have a descent amount of originality to them. I cannot say that about "Mordenheim". You should at least suffer through them. The Strahd books, I have found to be fairly easy to pick up in used book stores (including Vampires of the Mist). Some of the other ones are a bit more difficult to get.
Oh, and I would say that an elf can become a vampire. Why not? It is a curse after all, and it is transmitted by the fang. Besides, Ravenloft is a fantasy world. Anything is possible. I love it when people tell me I can't do something! ;)
crAzEeFAnFicBoI chapter 1 . 8/23/2003
It took you a month to get the book? it took me... 2 weeks from Borders Books & Music... But... the ending was bad (in the actual book). This ending was good... but he didn't know he was stronger... if he was. He thought maybe in Ravenloft, things were different for vamnpires... cuz the mists messed everything up!

um... in retrospect... i don't think elves CAN be vampires. they don't die of old age. They either get killed or fade away (literally). I read about that in the book by Elaine Cunningham (I can't spell). When elves get old, their souls are called to the place where elves go when they fade, and they slowly get transparent. They can resist if they need to, but when they 'fade' they don't leave a body.

So... Jander would eventually just... fade away. Oh, and in the book, Vampire of the Mists, Jander DOES drink human blood.
Lizzie chapter 1 . 6/8/2003
Pardon, but every horror story ever told is a rip-off- it's just the format. And you should NEVER complane about something you havn't read!
River-Zorin chapter 1 . 10/19/2002
I agree that something like this *should've* been the ending. The ending from the book wasn't the best. As a matter of fact, I didn't like the ending to the book at all. This would've suited the book much better.

And if you don't have the book yet, do like I did. I ordered it from Barnes and Noble's website. They got me the book in about a month or so. That's only because it's out of print.

Broken Star
The Wanlorn aka Drizzt chapter 1 . 4/19/2002
*Sigh* reviewing my own story...

OK, Kris, don't tear me apart, I just don't like that on the principle (just like if they named "The Two Towers" movie something else, I wouldn't go see it, out of protest). Other than that, they're good. And thanks for the FYI.

I would read the book, but I can't cuz they don't sell it anywhere! *sob* *mutters about stupid bookstores* Maybe I should try the Worcester Library... it'll only take me, what, an hour?, to get there...
AngelDragonStar chapter 1 . 4/17/2002
You should read the book.
Kris chapter 1 . 4/8/2002
You're obviously entitled to your opinion, but I think you missed the point of Ravenloft. They are supposed to be rip offs, they people who created Ravenloft have said so over and over. All the characters are patterned after classic horror but set up in a world you can play AD&D in. The books may not be real original, but they add flesh to characters that make for great gaming. And fyi...Jander actually wakes up in Darkon where Azalin the Lich rules.