Reviews for Only Human
Algorithmic Paradox of Love chapter 1 . 3/23/2012
Wow, this fanfiction made my eyes widen a bit. I can really see this happening, though the hate thing, it made me think of Hachimenroppi, it sounds more like him. Nevertheless, I laughed out loud. Shizu-chan with vending machine for a brain. And true, almost everything you do to him you get a vending machine in your face. What made me crack up was the part with Kasuka.

you insult his brother, two vending machines.

I think I'm going to die with admiration for how well you wrote this fic, bravo! Wonderful, Fantastique!

Please continue to write more IZAYA centric fics, it's really great!
Baniita chapter 1 . 2/12/2011
AH! I had the same idea!

[I realised that I don't really love humans, but in fact, I hate them.]

Maybe you mindraped me and hijacked my creatiff skiels. LOLOLOL.

Naw, it's a very, very, interesting theory, though, yes? :'3 My idea was slightly different, in the sense that though-yes, Izaya misunderstood his love. And when they refuse to be predictable, i.e. be courageous, realize the true culprit, be true, that he disliked or even hated them. Most of all, Shizuo. Izaya insists he's stupid, but on the other hand is often somewhat impressed by his sharp moments... Neither of the two know what true love is, and what they have is far from it... But they have devotion to each other, which is contradictory and strange. (Mostly, it's just Narita teasing the fangirls. /Cries.)

But yes, though your idea is interesting, I recommend delving further into the idea that ALL humans are weak and selfish. There are many people, though few in percentage, that are thoroughly good people. The plot hole (well, theory-hole) is a bit distracting.

Perhaps, you could insinuate that even the humans who are amazing, are still imperfect, and therefore Izaya hates them. But if you delve on that note, then it'd raise the question: What makes Heiwajima Shizuo so great?

His purity isn't unique. But the purity of animals is much greater than humans.

Or perhaps Izaya used to hate them all for this reason, that they are imperfect...

And now in a twisted, yet true love that most cannot comprehend (even Shinra, who insists that Izaya knows nothing of true love).

Hate is love, and love is hate, something I believe is ridiculous, but sound true in that sense.

Much too short, but I liked it. I'm warning that many people don't like to be bothered with drabbles. (But many people forget that it's harder to write with a word limit.)

I loved the "insult his brother, two vending machines". HURR. Maybe this is why Japan has so many of those contraptions.

The idea of Izaya having philophobia very fascinating. And perhaps we'll find hints of it in volume 9? I'm so tempted to look up spoilers.
WhiteCrow10 chapter 1 . 2/11/2011
Wow! I really, really like how you write Izaya. I always thought that not believing in the after-life fit his character and you portrayed it perfectly! Izaya is such an interesting and a complex character. I always like seeing people writing him well. )

And I would love seeing a fic of Izaya having philophobia. That also seems to fit his character quite well.

Good job! I loved it! )