Reviews for Your Guardian Angel
seasaltpuffs chapter 1 . 3/29/2012
I felt like time stopped, and everything — every sound, every color, /everything/ — became muted to the beautiful words I was reading. I'm very familiar with the song, and it fits your plot very well. I felt calm, but my throat was choked up and I can't feel anything except what emotions the fic evoked in me.

My breath was taken away. No, wait — I think, more appropriately, I was holding my breath, because I couldn't let any moment pass. I wanted to read and capture every single word. I didn't want to miss anything. And never had I ever experienced that. With all the fics I've read across several fandoms, this was the first time I felt that kind of stasis. It felt nostalgic, and I felt the love.

Not out of character at all. In fact, this is one of the best I've seen, where Ryoma and Keigo are not amusingly sniping at each other like they do in most fics. Instead, you've shown the deeper side of their relationship. Their relationship, that realistically, should be hidden from prying, discriminating eyes, especially since Keigo is the son of very rich and prominent figures. You've shown the pressing responsibilities of Keigo, his priorities in life, and Ryoma's reactions and emotions in response to these.

I love how you inserted the vague gossips and the insistent pestering of everyone, and how Ryoma just wanted out. I love how you wrote an Echizen Ryoma who can go about his daily life, however dull and, and — justnotthesame, even after just mere days from the accident that took away the love of his life. I love how their relationship was a secret, and now, Ryoma couldn't really confide in anyone. I love the understanding between Ryoma and Tezuka, even when in most other fics I'd hate it. I love that little italicized snippet at the beginning, because it was warm and just this side of lovely. I love the ending, most especially. It was quiet, and just how it should be.

Write more. You're amazing, and this is really, without-words beautiful. I couldn't find the right words to describe how grateful I am, and how wonderful this is.

Maybe a sequel would be right, maybe not. I wish I could see how Keigo's taking all of Ryoma's reactions from watching up above. Or maybe he's with him all along.
Calasse chapter 1 . 3/29/2012
Damnit. Just... damnit.

No words, except that I love this, and it's beautiful and amazing.

Keep writing.
just.a.tad.crazy chapter 1 . 8/10/2011
Wow. I loved it. I'm going to go curl up in a corner and cry now, don't mind me. That was incredibly touching. Just wow.
csibpip chapter 1 . 7/18/2011
It was very... very touching. A sad but really somehow nice story.
inked-jaeger chapter 1 . 5/4/2011

Not OOC at all.

Love this.

You are brilliant. Seriously.
Granad chapter 1 . 2/12/2011
So this is embarassing. Not the story - but i'm in office and trying to hide the fact that am crying. thank God its saturday and there're only two people here. its a real tear jacker but wow.
crassreine chapter 1 . 2/11/2011
I didn't need the song, or any kind of background noise to 'get in the mood' for this story. In fact, I silenced everything and just enjoyed the words.

I do believe this is the first Character-Death Angst fic I've fallen in-love with at first read. Doesn't hurt that it's Roayl, that their relationship feels so real, even the gossip is just vague enough, and the memories, the newsp- and if I keep going I'm going to list everything about the fic and ruin it for anyone that likes to read the reviews before reading the fic.

And the ending! Such a beautiful and tragic ending.
DaPurpleDino chapter 1 . 2/11/2011

Its so sad! Dx

I love the song Your Guardian Angel One of my all time Favourites!