Reviews for Ransoming Emrys
Grac3 chapter 25 . 9/2
That was amazing! You wrote the dragon so well.
Richard-Grayson-Wayne chapter 25 . 8/25
First long Merlin story, GREAT! LOVE IT! Recently GOT INTO ANOTHER CANCELED show.. YAY
DalekQueen7 chapter 14 . 7/23
Haha, I like how you always compare your writing to cooking - a dash of this, a sprinkle of that. It makes me smile. :)
Why doesn't he just call kilgharrsh while he was escaping?
prihor5462 chapter 25 . 7/12
Awesome!
Merlin found that he couldn't stop his mouth in time to prevent commenting dryly, "Always the tone of surprise."

Nice HP reference!
Aquacoral14 chapter 25 . 6/17
This is an amazing story. Great job with keeping the suspense up throughout the story, and that ending... no words.
KhrisRiendeau chapter 25 . 5/26
Emachinescat, I don't know if you will ever see this message considering it will be written years after you've finished this story but I feel very compelled to make one nonetheless. Today, I was looking for a different fanfic of Merlin and I discovered that it got deleted! I hadn't even been able to finish reading that story and I was quite sad and full of regret for not keeping up with the story. Anyway, after that, I stumbled upon this story, your story! And for me, it made up for me not being able to finish the other story. I read your entire story in one day; I was absolutely glued to my computer screen (much to my mother's dismay). I cannot tell you how much I loved your writing. You have a very good talent for describing characters and emotions! I enjoyed your writing so much and I hope it's something you keep up in your life because you are truly talented! :)
novelreader chapter 24 . 5/11
Wow you made me hate Morgause a lot in this fic, but her characterization was so perfect, and coupled with Merlin's suffering, to be honest I never hated her in the show because there wasn't a lot of her, she wasn't really that important apart from the fact that she was the catalyst that turned Morgana such a hateful individual, but I hated her and she was just the right amount of corrupted, hateful and evil. Glad it was Arthur that ended her. Now if only Uther would die. I get the feeling it would be Morgana who'll kill him and I won't complain and then the original story of how she's enemy to Camelot, but she's still untrained. I'm amazed she was even part of the duel with Merlin. Whose going to train her? If any of them have any sense, nobody, then she'll just have to figure everything out on her own and won't be that much of a threat.

... Still I want Merlin to train her like in the stories... but I really don't think that's going to happen. Merlin's nice, but he's not stupid...
novelreader chapter 11 . 5/10
Too many things are happening at once and it's getting confusing. Damn I wish you killed off Richrad or what's his name and Arian, what a bunch of ignoramuses. I don't care what sufferings they went through to blame it on a kid who just happened to be some fabled legend, an innocent one as well, is just sick.
novelreader chapter 7 . 5/10
I don't understand why Merlin didn't just summon the dragon. I mean this is after "The Last Dragonlord" right? Or is Merlin still clueless about the dragonlord's powers, as in he still hasn't practiced much with it? Or had time to absorb? I still don't get how that whole thing works, seem to me you just know how to command a dragon right after father dies and it passes to son, which is weird... I mean is it an ethereal knowledge thing that just spiritually travels to the son, does it follow a certain signature or something?...

And these people's anger towards Merlin is so stupid... I'm trying to find another word... ridiculous... it's like punishing your supposed messiah for not either being born earlier or being there to save you and your family. I mean seriously what do they see Emrys as? God? If that's so, then maybe it's a good thing some people questions whether God exist or not, because if he made an appearance, imagine how many people would try to gain revenge on him for not saving their loved ones, or whatever it is they pray for. It's like I prayed and believed and was faithfully devoted but you weren't there, you didn't save my family. A lot of Jews would probably be angry over the Holocaust, and what other's catastrophes were there, World War 1 and 2, the Vietnamese War, the war in the Middle East, Syria, parts of Africa, Palestine and Isreal, there's so much suffering going on in the world, do you think if God made an appearance or Jesus made an appearance, would people who lost so much try to kill him? A part of me feels bad for Merlin, and I understand why he hated his Emrys namesake, this wasn't something he wanted, and everyone seems to depend on him to save them, but all he wants is a little patience and goodness, but when you act so cruelly and use magic to kidnap or kill it's hard to prove to people that magic is good.
novelreader chapter 1 . 5/10
Got to say I really love the fanfics that focus on people interested in either killing or getting Emrys because mostly people are more focused on killing or kidnapping Arthur, it's nice to see the table's turn and see Arthur rise up to the challenge of being a real hero, because there are times where it's like he's only been heroic because Merlin helped him so.
TheRavenclawGem chapter 9 . 3/29
"Always the tone of surprise" ? DID YOU JUST?!
Carmen O'Reilly chapter 25 . 3/29
This is utterly amazing. I wish this had been what actually happened, tbh. You're a really skilled writer, and I was hooked on every word.
Bravo! This is better than the show! Lol!
1,396 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »