Reviews for Bloody Trust: an episode tag for Blood on Blood
LouiseKurylo chapter 1 . 1/2
Wow, is this rough between them. I guess I could see Lisbon having this reaction. I just thoroughly agree with Jane. Her father killed her mother and was abusing her. She did kill him in self defense. OTOH, maybe a better approach for Lisbon would have been trying to convince the DA that there was no reason to file charges if it was a clear cut case of self-defense. I can see that Jane's judge-jury-executioner vigilante style does violence to Lisbon's code of ethics and, hence, her.
MeltedChoccoButton chapter 1 . 2/14/2011
Jane: Unrepentent, self-assured, slightly condescending. Lisbon: Anguished, angry and raw. I love how you've captured them in such a short story. I imagine this is how the conversation went down.
LittleMender chapter 1 . 2/12/2011
This is, as always, very insightful and well written. It wasn't the way I saw the episode, but the more I think about it, the more I'm afraid you may have the right of it. I will maintain some faith in Jane and hope that he won't privately use this against Lisbon in the future. I do realize, realistically, that it's easier to have faith in the character than it would be the man. Hopefully Bruno just intends this to be a pebble in their relationship without making it a touch- or stepping-stone. I think I would feel better about the whole thing if Jane hadn't been so gleeful at the end.

But back to your story.

I liked the blood-stained lip and Jane seeing there was no beauty in that. And the mantra. You illustrated a very possible immediate aftermath in a very moving and thought-provoking way. A good-and hard as the truth can be-read.
All-I-need chapter 1 . 2/12/2011
Huh, I shouldve guessed you wouldnt be able to refain from writing something to this episode. *grin*

I do feel sorry for Lisbon and her anger - but in the end it was her decission to not turn Trina in, so she cant blame Jane. He simply pointed out the facts. And he was right. It wouldnt do Trina any good to be put in the system. And it WAS self-defense, which means there was no need to punish her. Punishing her for defending herself wouldve simply sent the wrong message and shed grown up with a very twisted understanding of her lifes value.

On the other hand, Jane COULD have left Lisbon out of it. He didnt and Im not sure why. Maybe he feels that Lisbon should get to break the rules sometime, a little rebellion against the system. Maybe he thought she could do it for herself, because Trina is basically in the same position she was and this is what Lisbon wouldve liked to do (kill her father in self-defense, that is, and not be punished for it). Considering how little Jane thinks of psychologists, that was very ... therapeutic.

Well see what this will do to their dynamic.

Oh, and by the way: I just love Lisbons little speech at the end. Guess that mustve really hit him.

Im looking forward to the next chapter.
xanderseye chapter 1 . 2/12/2011
I love reading these little snippets of episodes that have yet to be aired in the UK (we are STILL on our xmas hiatus from the show!). Makes me look forward to it coming back all the more, I shall probably end up re-reading these fics after I've seen them. But I am enjoying them all the same, looking forward to reading more.
fiona249 chapter 1 . 2/12/2011
AWESOME tage for this episode. Lisbon's feelings in this are just so raw, you wrote her perfectly, when I saw this episode I wanted her to slap Jane for putting her in that position.

Loved the ending lines.
Donnamour1969 chapter 1 . 2/12/2011
As far as Lisbon is concerned, she's done a lot of things like this over the years-this is just the biggest. She let Jane's brother-in-law escape. She was willing to look the other way with Rigsby and Van Pelt. She's participated in all kinds of rule bending (if not breaking) to go along with Jane's schemes. And for all her talk about arresting Jane if he gets to Red John first...I don't think she would really do it now. She would protect him, mark my words. She's said herself that she knew she would be fired because of him one day, that she knew it from the beginning, but she's kept him around, gone along with him, for the sake of closing cases.

I don't think Jane is corrupting her one bit. He is just bringing out in her what is already naturally there-the desire for justice. I covered what I thought were Lisbon's true feelings in my own tag.

Anyway, good tag. Interesting to see different takes on this.
PJaneL chapter 1 . 2/12/2011
Well done! This is the best tag for this episode I have read! I totally agree with your interpretation on why Jane brought Lisbon along and I did not buy his "Just this once" either!

Love your line -

"That must be nice for you Jane. Being able to take for granted someone's love, knowing they care so much about you that they'd desecrate everything they believe in for your sake. Being able to trust someone to take care of you that much…you'll have to tell me how that feels sometime. Because I sure as hell don't know"!
Jisbon4ever chapter 1 . 2/11/2011
That was great. I think we need something like that on the show. It really would be great for us to see Lisbon taking things out. I loved reading this more than you can imagine. Nicely done.