Reviews for To Have and To Hold
nixer chapter 20 . 5/26/2012
Wow. Ok. I don't like this. I had no problem with all the misunderstandings and angst but this is just dark. I hope you resolve it soon.
nixer chapter 13 . 5/25/2012
Glad you acknowledged Josh. I know this author's note and this fic are years old but watchseries dot com has excellent quality streaming Castle - and pretty much anything else you could want.
nixer chapter 12 . 5/25/2012
Ok, I do love sex, and I love your writings (where's an update for Your Last Day? We need closure!) but what about Josh? I know they had a deal that this time didn't count, but Beckett's clearly forgotten about that, and even if she hadn't, I can't imagine her as the sort of person who would cheat. They didn't break up. Josh doesn't even know she's contemplating breaking up. I know she loves Castle, but cheating is wrong. Josh was never anything but fair to her.
nixer chapter 5 . 5/24/2012
Oh I really hope you don't make Josh a bad guy or a moron in this. I always liked Beckett's boyfriends and Josh was no exception - and he's gorgeous! Castle's actual girlfriends were nice too (not the one-night-stand girls, but Gina somewhat and Kira a lot). I liked that their respective partners were not sh*ts. It made their inevitable couple-dom all the more sincere and trustworthy, since they weren't simply comparing the other to a long line of unreliable, manipulative wasters. I love you as an author because you're so good with characterisation.
Mlle Tallulah chapter 15 . 5/21/2012
Depending from the point of view, I feel like reading two different stories...

I liked the idea of the misunderstandings you wanted to create, and that a one-night stand with Castle would push Beckett to really considering marrying Josh. But I just feel that the way you went about things were forced, or clumsy. Which is ruining for me the fun I have reading your story. I like your writing, I like the general ideas and twists you come up with, but when it's time to make them all click together, it just doesn't work for me.

After sending clear signals to Castle that what would happen tonight will be a one time thing, it doesn't make sense that she would be all "Oh no, I've been played with. I bared my heart and he just used me like anyone else." Seriously? We know from being in her head that she loves him, but her actions and words told a whole different story to Castle.

And yes, I know she said "I love you", but here again you twisted the situation to up the drama/angst, but in the process you just made the whole thing unrealistic. If she remembers saying it, why doesn't she remember his response? And how would she have known he even heard her confession, since her eyes were closed? He could be asleep for all she knew. This whole scene was a good twist to drive Castle out of her appartment, making him think she talked to her "fiancé". It made for a good misunderstanding. But in Beckett's case, you make it sound like she made a true declaration of love, while everything pointed to the fact that it was a sleepy confession that would be forgotten in the morning.

The whole thing would have been more believable if Castle hadn't responded. We could have thought that she intentionnaly said those words faking being half asleep, as to lessen her vulnerability. Castle, hearing those words, would think they are meant for Josh and leave. Kate would deduce from his silence and leaving that he doesn't have the same feelings for her. Faking being asleep at least spared her the humiliation factor of his rejection.

Creating drama just for the sake of drama often kills the dramatic tension. As "Nikki Heat" would say, less is more ;) Those inconstistencies wouldn't come up anymore, making the story much more enjoyable to read.

I hope I didn't offend you, and was able to explain my point of view _ In a whole, I like your story and I'm curious to see how you made it work between them.
siobhan.22 chapter 1 . 5/18/2012
Good chapter
Jimmy chapter 7 . 5/14/2012
Yeah, I hated this too. You made Castle into a sleazy asshole. I wanted to beat the shit out of him multiple times...
CastleAlwaysForever chapter 7 . 4/26/2012
I love this I cant wait to read more! I loved this scene it was soo sweet!
on2wheels chapter 41 . 4/25/2012
Wow! Well! I have read quite a bit of fanfic and I must apologise for not reviewing sooner but I just couldn't stop reading! Don't stop writing!
Amasayda chapter 1 . 4/9/2012
I just finished your story and simply had to leave you a message - this story, and I have read a lot around here - is by far the best and most naturally feeling story I've read so far!

It was/ is simply amazing ... had me hooked right from the beginning.

You have a wonderful talent to capture your readers not with a fancy case or gruesome storylines, but simply with what feels natural. This story was so "normal" in a way that it felt amazingly believable. I loved it - it was perfect.

I also immensely enjoyed Beckett's and Castle's inner turmoil about their feelings for each other, the gigantic misunderstanding about the ring in the beginning and everything that unfolded from then on.

I loved how you described the love scenes between those two: the first time was magical, too good to be true for the both of them; the second one angry and desperate - but always very believable.

There are so many things that are great about this story, but to me, the best things was that this felt so real.

Anyways, this review is meant as an enormous compliment - the story was amazing, and I'll need to check out right now, if you have more stories written and online around here!

Have a great day, thanks for sharing this amazing piece of writing with us,

take care,

Kat
nikkievox chapter 1 . 3/17/2012
wow i was looking for a story just like this to read and i am very happy i landed on this one what a fantastic start cant wait to read more xx
midsummerwriter chapter 41 . 3/6/2012
Absolutely fabulous! I thought about reviewing every chapter but all I wanted to do was read. With work and kids and eating and sleeping, I didn't want to take a single other moment to stop reading. It took me two and a half days to read and I went at it with a voraciousness that I have reserved for Laurell K Hamilton or Kim Harrison, it was so well done. I think you are so in-tuned with the characters that I bought every moment, and I liked Lanie and Alexis the way you wrote them because I think they would be like that. Especially Alexis in regards to her father.

Anyway, I think I'm rambling, gushing actually...have a lovely day. You made mine :)
Eomyn chapter 22 . 3/2/2012
I don't really know about getting your point across, all I can say is that I love this!

I've read this up to, well, chapter 22 in a few hours here and there and this keeps being entertaining as hell.

But of course, I love angst. I prefer a happy ending too. And long stories. So I began this and I can only say I love the way you write, too. I mean, writing what your brain tells you, no matter what you planned. As a writer too, I kind of do it the same way. Just that my non native speaker status sort of render editing mandatory...

I can't wait to finish this. I love big messes that "just" need clearing out, and a whole lot of courage to begin THAT conversation.

Okay, rant over. It's 12:30am my time and I have to get up in 7 hours. And I want to continue reading, too...

So, back to your story it is.
Guest chapter 14 . 2/9/2012
This chapter physically pained me... HOW COULD YOU?
demuredemeanor chapter 41 . 1/18/2012
Okay wow! I've just read this from start to finish! I may just have to find the time to read some of your other works!
1,604 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »