Reviews for To Have and To Hold
AllThingsCastle chapter 13 . 9/14/2011
I don't even know where to start...this is my third time through this story in about 2 weeks and I finally had to stop after reading the last few chapters to say...WOW! From the time Castle entered her apartment, their whole encounter was incredible. It's kind of weird because knowing these characters so well (I have watched every episode between 2-6 times), and the beauty and detail of your words almost made me feel like I was watching the scene instead of reading. It was almost a voyeuristic feeling...I could picture the entire thing in my head. It was written with such class but was so incredibly arousing that I need a cold shower! Absolutely love this story and all your other ones. You are so true to their characters. Love, love, love your stories! Thank you for keeping me occupied while I impatiently wait for next Monday. I have spent this entire summer completely obsessed with anything Castle, Nathan, Stana, Caskett or Stanathan. I definitely need help...or a new episode.
Mathiilde3 chapter 41 . 8/24/2011
I cannot quite figure out if I like this story or not.. Which is a bit wired seeing as how I spent the last couple of days reading it. I think what bothered me the most, was the shared perspective. I think you dwelt on a lot of moments from both their perspective, and it did not necessarily benefit your story. It is not that I do not like either of their perspective; I think you write them pretty close to perfectly, but I felt you, in lack of a better term, wasted time explaining how they both felt. It was very thorough, and I think some things would have flowed better for me at least, had you left more be unsaid. Which is ironic because they should have said more, and I am losing track, back to the point! I felt as though it took a long while to reach the actual story and its point, or the action if that sound better, you write very explicit what they are feeling and it takes time and it does not leave much to the imagination or interpretation.. Does that sound really mean and without reason? Do you hate me now? I considered not reviewing, because I doubted it would be all that understandable and I feared you would think my disagreement was unfounded. I apologize by the way, if I have repeated myself; I tend to do that while trying to explain myself. I imagine it would not have bothered me as much the comprehensive writing of their actions and feelings, had I read it one chapter at a time, but I do not know.. Maybe not.. I just think it disrupted the flow for me. I found myself irritated with myself though, because of that annoyance, because I do think the plot and the development of your story and them was incredible. You depicted a lot of emotion, boy was I frustrated with them, but the angst and longing too. It was all really great. I loved the first kiss in the bathroom and the doorway confession. It was a beautiful picture, both of them standing there on opposite sides divided by a door with him pouring his heart out. And the sleeping, just sleeping together arrangement, I am a sucker for those and I loved both of them. So sweet and tender, the one after the hospital was so lovely! So please do not think I only disliked your story, it definitely had its moment. We just share a different opinion about how the narrator should be, I guess. Where I am from, you talk about a know-it-all narrator, an omniscient narrator I think the English term would be, and I felt this was very much that kind of narrator, and as I said, it did not flow with me. It often left me feeling frustrated on their behalf and my own, and not feeling the actual heartache I am assuming was your goal in some ways. This may all sound really mean and unpleasant, but please know that I do not intend that, I really am impressed by what you have written! I could never do that, and I feel bad for writing this. I just thought you should know my honest opinion because you spent so much time on it, and I hope it was constructive at least a little bit. You seem to be doing really well, so you do not actually have to take my opinion into consideration, but could just continue on the path you are, if you want, I just thought you should know. It works for you, and that is the most important thing.
taya09 chapter 41 . 8/19/2011
Wow, I just started reading this today, and I'm all done now, and I feel like I've been wrung out... You made me cry in some bits, and then the bit about Castle writing under the influence about the elves and gnomes being distant relatives of the Ewok made me laugh so hard that a little bit of wee came out! Am just about to start investigating your other stories too. I could be in for a long night of reading! Thank you. :D
Younger Dr. Grey chapter 41 . 8/9/2011
Completely amazing. I've got two other stories written by you open in my tabs because I cannot wait to read more from you. Great job with this and thank you so So much for posting it and writing it.
Younger Dr. Grey chapter 15 . 8/8/2011
How dare people leave mean reviews! Isn't the torture kind of promised with the Angst as a genre? I'm sure you warned us going in. Either way, this story is an amazing read and I'm nearing midnight and ignoring basic bodily functions to not have to pause while reading.

Again, the characters have the same labels from before. Kate's still a dumb bitch, but in an endearing way that friends can say to each other without it breaking the other and making her cry, you know?

-sigh- Caskett just can never get their shit together

On to chapter sixteen!
Younger Dr. Grey chapter 14 . 8/8/2011
I want to start by saying that I am in love with this story and the characters and how flawless and them this is.

Now, let me say that I've been calling Kate a "dumb bitch" in my head ever since she first realized Castle wasn't there and thought that she was just a notch in his bed post. I also called her one in an earlier chapter for whatever her thoughts were that I can't recall. Maybe 7 or 8. I think it's lovely that I can think that about my favorite character. I also think it's horrible because I would really love to walk up, smack her, give her the phone and force her to call him and tell him that she meant that she was sure about what they were doing that night (not in the no regrets just love policy) and that they were tears of joy because of the astonishing love making (not over Josh, who the fudgenuggets cares about him anyway?) oh and I'd burn the ring. Burn it! And maybe throw Josh in the flames if I'm certain it wouldn't make Kate sad and hide away from Castle.

Oh and Castle just gets a hug. Poor guy just can't see what's right in front of him. Poor heartbroken Castle.
cate78 chapter 13 . 7/25/2011
Castle you idiot!

... wait, did I just yelled at a fictional tv character? On a fanfic no less? Oh my.

It's a good thing I came across this story after it's finished. I don't think I would've been able to handle all the cliffhangers otherwise. ;-)

Good stuff!
purplangel chapter 14 . 7/25/2011
OMG. I'm absolutely heart broken reading chapter 14 as Kate only sees herself as another notch in Castle's bedpost. I'm crying. This is tearing me up. How could you write this after such a beautiful, exquisite, perfect night?
baterista9 chapter 41 . 7/24/2011
Ah, yes, now I remember the GENIUS of this conclusion: the condition that Castle attend the police academy. "Bam!" said the lady.
baterista9 chapter 37 . 7/24/2011
Whoops, I lied. I'm suddenly recognizing that I've read at least parts of this fic before. Still a great ride!
baterista9 chapter 34 . 7/24/2011
Another scene where I saw Fillion as Castle. Reminded me of canon interrogation scenes where Castle has the insight that makes the suspect break.
baterista9 chapter 31 . 7/24/2011
Alexis is a female teen. I remember, with some shame, being quite prone to mood swingsnin those years.
baterista9 chapter 27 . 7/24/2011
Reading this chapter, I could see Fillion delivering the lines; usually it's a generic Castle avatar. :-)
baterista9 chapter 21 . 7/24/2011
I mention this because it's happened twice in the last few chapters and completely changes your concept despite the context.

"feeling even more hallow"

I think you mean "hollow". You described Rick similarly a few chapters back. I doubt either of them is feeling very "holy" at these points in the story. ;-)

Shied away from this fic for a long while, so having a marathon read this afternoon and enjoying the ride! (Yeah, THAT slip was Freudian.)
Tazman10 chapter 41 . 7/22/2011
Wow Wow Wow - I have just found your story and would like to say what an amazing writer I think you are. I have read many fanfics but have to say that this pretty the best fanfic I have ever read.

Your character writing is so intuative - I bow down to your awesomeness at being able to write like this and still take care of all your family needs.

Incredible - I've been blown away and I can't wait to read your other stories (have added you to my favourite authors)
1,604 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 23 .. Last Next »