Reviews for Flavor of Life
002219 chapter 1 . 1/15/2014

Wow. That was... a wonderful plot twist. Good job!
James chapter 1 . 11/29/2013
It was beautiful.
Heartfelt, believeable, and warming.
It is nice to know you can still find a good story out there, and wish i had came across it sooner.
I look foward to reading your other works.
-James (fallen_angel_james yahoo . com)
ezmegaz chapter 1 . 11/12/2013
Wow, this was a very good story.

I especially liked how you brought in some good, non-telegraphed twists.
Firehedgehog chapter 1 . 9/22/2013
Guest chapter 1 . 3/10/2013
I love it how you start one plot-line and bring in some more, before resolving them all in fantastic ending. You just can't find that in most of the newer fics anymore.
Grey Wolf4 chapter 1 . 2/18/2013
This is a very good and well Shinji/Hikari while I do favor Shinji/Rei however I do like Shinji with other Evangelion females except for Asuka but don't get me wrong I actually have a rather neutral attitude to Asuka for the most part.

Also this is one of the longest one shots I have ever read in quite a while this is pretty good.
Jalen of the Silence chapter 1 . 1/2/2013
I absolutely loved this. It was beatiful and well written and featured my favorite pairing. I love how you had them interacting together, it's just how i imagined it would be if they ever bothered to put this pairing in the serious. I can't really find anything wrong with this and i thought the twist with Shinji being a clone was uniques, i havn't seen that before. anyway awesome job.
EmD23 chapter 1 . 11/20/2011
The K-On references made me smile, though I'm surprized Mugi and Ritsu were absent.
Zyber Elthone chapter 1 . 9/9/2011
Wow, this was so cute! I was really confused when Yui was talking to Shinji, but then you revealed that she married a man named Shinji (who took her name too oddly enough) and named her kid after he died during Second Impact. Very nice touch, though the 'Second' Shinji was confusing, what with the whole clone thing. Nice though, that it got Kaji to finally settle down. Poor Asuka, all alone again. (I don't like Asuka in most cases, so I'm bias-ly happy here) I really am disappointed at how few ShinjiHikari stories there are. I mean, yeah, its a left wing pairing, but it makes a lot more sense than ShinjiAsuka (which makes as much sense as SasukeNaruto pairings: "I tried to rip out your heart all that time ago because I love you, man, now be my boyfriend or I'll stab you again." only its, "Baka, make my lunch, don't touch me, stop looking at me, hey you idiot, pay attention to me when I'm talking to you!" but that is based on the original anime and most of the manga (I hear she's not as bad in the Rebuild) I digress...) and ShinjiRei makes me feel bad, cuz it's some kinda incest (Yui Lilith Rei, Shinji's half-Angel half-sister; Yui Lilith Rei, clone of Shinji's MOM; Rei, Shinji's (somehow) distant cousin... Sister, Mom, Cousin, all bad if its non platonic! And lets not forget her personality, or lack there of as far as outwardly appearing goes. (I used to be a ShinjiRei shipper, but then this main thought popped in my head and its just ew.) but with ShinjiHikari, she's sweet and considerate and is far more accepting of him than any other girls he knows, besides Mana (another nice touch, throwing her in as the Student President), and he doesn't do stupid and/or perverted things that piss her off like Touji seems to always do. I mean, throw in his different quirks (like the ones from the manga and such) and they wouldn't be completely dull and it would be nice to see Shinji get a girl who isn't going to bash him over the head for or question the purpose behind offering her flowers or something or endlessly tease him over something (it was also nice seeing Shinji do the teasing for once), but also needs to able and willing to put him in his place, especially if he starts getting depressed.

I do have to ask though, is that last bit on the SDAT, is this 'epilogue' set more like when they're in college, likely living together and most likely celebrating their however many year anniversary as a couple (if not already married or engaged by this point)? Cuz I'm hoping so, cuz before I saw Hikari's name in that section, I thought it was Yui still with the (soon to be) Ikari Shinji I, then Hikari's name came up at the end and I got confused and then worked it out and I guess I just want confirmation that there isn't a second Hikari that knows a Shinji...

Great story, and I loved all the cute moments Shinji and Hikari shared!
Farmer Kyle chapter 1 . 7/17/2011
As a romantic, I have to say I love your stories, the ones I've read anyway. Shinji being a clone was a BIG surprise that I never would have thought of coming. I liked how you wrote Yui to be, she was quite funny.

Good Luck In Life And Writing!
BukkakeNoJutsu chapter 1 . 7/6/2011
This is a very interesting tale
chunnin33 chapter 1 . 5/24/2011
Every story of yours that I read further enforces something in my mind...

You are one fucking brilliant author.

Keep up the good writing Digi. chunnin33.
Anon111 chapter 1 . 5/21/2011
Plots that have people sharing the same name confuse me. I do enjoy your fics, though.
daniel 29 chapter 1 . 4/7/2011
Hikari in the tape shouldn't have anything to be ashamed of.

Just saw Evangelion:2.22 You can (not) advance and in someways it was better then the series itself, definitaly better in graphics with interesting twists
Moberemk chapter 1 . 3/12/2011
Whoo, that was hefty. Since I'm pretty sure I didn't read this the first time it was posted, review time!

I'm going to be plain here: this is something of a mess compared to your usual work. You have a good concept; in fact you have too much of one. As a oneshot/short story, this is long and has a surprising amount of fluff that could be cut. As a long form story though as it stands it doesn't seem like it would work as a long-form story either. Right now it feels like it's awkwardly between being a short- and a long-form story. It's just too much being thrown out all at once. I mean it's throwing together the "Shinji gets to know his mom" the "Shinji is a clone" and the "Shinji and Hikari get to know each other better" plots all at once, and each of these are good ideas. It's just that not enough time is given to any of the three plots and so they become something of a tangled mess together.

Tying in with that, there are so many things that are still left ambiguous and/or incomplete at the end of the story. Sure, that works with things such as Gendo's true feelings towards his "son", but when applied to things such as the chocolates at the beginning of the story it just feels like a forgotten plot point.

I suppose that the overriding problem that I feel about this story is simple: it isn't focused enough. You're trying to get across too much in too little time, and it shows. Looking over this story it's easy to see that there are points where the focus shifts completely and abruptly, and it weakens everything else about it. Being more specific would help this story enormously.

All that said, I did like the natural way the characters interacted. On a microscopic level everything is good, with the characters all being in-character and the prose is well-written and nicely error-free. It's just on a macroscopic level that problems show up; it's still an interesting tale mind, just flawed in its execution.