Reviews for An Unexpected Return
Kina Kalamari chapter 31 . 8/4/2014
First off, this final chapter was basically everything I love about Delena, wrapped up with a lovely happy ending bow on top. Your insight into their relationship was brilliant.

As for the rest of the fic, it was also awesome. It was quite a long and winding and unexpected journey, and I enjoyed every moment of it. :)
WickedBlue chapter 31 . 5/24/2014
Wow, what a rollercoaster. I love it. All the tension, and angst, and especially the romance and the twists. Brilliant fic. Very original and I loved how you kept everyone in character. Very well done!
iB3LIEVE chapter 9 . 5/18/2014
THIS CHAPTER. I'VE READ IT BEFORE. AND IT ALWAYS MAKES ME CRY
iB3LIEVE chapter 3 . 5/18/2014
Hmmmmm damon was in the confederacy...
mamagriffen chapter 31 . 3/6/2014
Well done!
cesy chapter 31 . 2/8/2014
LOVE YOU!
Leandril chapter 31 . 1/30/2014
This story was absolutely fantastic. I love your writing style and your understanding of each and every character from the show is just uncanny. One of my favourite parts in this fic was Alaric's POV - his reflection on how much Liz and Damon are alike and that it may be the reason why they became such good friends (or sort of friends), that was just priceless. So were Caroline's moments of shrewd observations.

For a Delena fiction, it didn't feel like DE was really at the centre of the story but even if there were long passages without any of them, or when you made the risky move of removing Damon from the story for a few of chapters, you still managed to keep me glued to the plot and my interest never wavered. And that's a mark of a great writer so kudos to you.
CloudyDream chapter 31 . 11/11/2013
loved this.. kudos! :)
anna chapter 3 . 10/24/2013
Yo, this shit is cool and funny as hell
WitchMitzi chapter 31 . 10/20/2013
WOW, this is one of the best stories I have read! Bravo, keep writing
sharpie78 chapter 31 . 9/18/2013
You finished this story the day before my birthday in 2011, so I'll take it as an awesome present! This is one of my top five favorite stories. Your plot was very creative and you area a great writer, technically and substantively. Thank you so much!
Guest chapter 4 . 9/16/2013
Wow. This amazing. You are great at writing action. More than great actually!
Guest chapter 1 . 9/16/2013
Ummmmmmm, that chapter was amazing! I loved your transition. A little disorienting, but that was exactly rut for the same thing happening to Damon.
luvfordelena chapter 31 . 9/5/2013
WOW there are no words to describe how much I loved this story, the way u showed Damon character was amazing. Everything he did was exactly what Damon would of done, I loved how you showed the relationship betweens the Salvatore's, it wasn't just about the love they share for Elena it was about the love they share as brothers. & can i just say how perfect Delena was!
Caffeinated Star chapter 16 . 8/6/2013
Wow. I think you managed to capture the best of Damon in this story: the insanity, the impulsiveness, the self-destruction, the one-liners, the drinking, the gentle yet obsessive love for Elena, and the humanity buried very deep inside.

And pairing him with our sane man Elena works perfectly as he fluctuates so crazily, with her being the only anchor. As I haven't finished yet, I'm curious to see how she'll turn out at the end of this.

The rest of the crew is awesome as well. Stefan as he moves from calm to sheer panicked; Caroline, with her irritation at the situation, Bonnie being... Bonnie... and even Jeremy attempting to be the White Knight. And Alaric, as he wonders how the hell he got into this mess.

This feels like it should have been a season of the show or one of the novels (the bathtub scene def reminds me of the novels).