Reviews for Another Cartoon Romance Gone Wrong
AA - MamaBirdCat chapter 1 . 2/18/2013
Duke singing Elvis...lol!

I couldn't stop laughing..
DreamWeaver2121 chapter 1 . 7/2/2012
oh i love your writings! big fan! keep it up i love humer at Duke's expence!
LKW chapter 1 . 3/25/2012
Ha! Hilarious from football stories to magazines! And Scarlet and Snakes forever!
Bronwynn chapter 1 . 8/24/2011
This was awesome. I'm still laughing. I loved it!
NurseKelly chapter 1 . 8/22/2011
I literally SPRAYED my computer screen with my drink about 60 seconds in to this story. I laughed so hard at certain parts my daughter actually told me to keep it down. Great job-love it!
WestAero13 chapter 1 . 5/23/2011
Rofl

This was a nice little crack me up! Put a smile on my face, but hey shipwreck, YOU ARE in the new cartoon... for like a single episode
Shannon Vega chapter 1 . 4/3/2011
I laughed so hard that I nearly choked on my dinner. Well done! You nailed the Joes and I love how Beach didn't have a clue about the drama...and Shipwreck? So love the story.
PheonixRising chapter 1 . 3/14/2011
Quite an interesting fanfic! It was amusing to see the Joes discussing their latest screen incarnation as if they were real people, and the characterizations were pretty good! One minor flaw is that Scarlett was always Snake Eyes' girlfriend in the comics from the beginning, since the comics came before the cartoons, and she was never paired with Duke. So if this fic is told from the perspective of the characters, then Beach Head would know that Scarlett was never Duke's woman to begin with, and Duke would have no reason to get upset over Snake Eyes supposedly "stealiing his woman," since she was always Snake Eyes' woman from the moment they joined G.I. JOE team. I guess it all depends on whose point of view this fic is written around - the Joes from the original comics or the ones from the cartoons. This is never specified in the fic, although there is no Duke/Scarlett relationship in the comics at all, so this makes things a little confusing. The Sunbow cartoon implying that Scarlett was with Duke was more of a corporate decision than a creative one, done mostly for the convenience of the animators who didn't think they could make the comic book relationship between Scarlett and the mute Snake Eyes work on a half-hour long cartoon aimed at children. The thing with her and Duke was mostly the result of corporate meddling with the storyline.

I know that the 'Renegades' cartoon showing such closeness between Scarlett and Snake Eyes might seem unusual to people only familiar with the old 1980's Sunbow cartoon, but in fact, 'Renegades' is the first cartoon to finally show Snake Eyes and Scarlett as the couple they have always been in the comics for the last thirty years. So from the point of view of the characters in the fic, their relationship should come as no surprise. Although that would mean no jealousy and drama between them and Duke, and I admit that it was funny to see Duke's jealousy at being upstaged. It seems this fic is attempting to bridge the gap between the comics and the cartoon to create a hybrid, which is interesting. The only problem is that if this were to happen in reality, the three of them would never be allowed to work in the same unit. Either Duke would have to leave, or Snake Eyes and Scarlett would have to leave, and since Hawk would never give up his prodigal warrior couple, it's clear that Duke would be the one to get his walking papers. Oh well, great fic anyway!
justanordinaryjoe chapter 1 . 2/18/2011
This story was extremely funny, I have not laughed at a story on fan fic in a while. Thank you.
soulfulbee chapter 1 . 2/15/2011
wow duke having a complete breakdown over the relationship. you are full of surprises never thought that he would take it this badly. Good job of expressing the characters actions.
Stormshadow13 chapter 1 . 2/14/2011
Oh, God, this was so fnny! I loved it!
lazy-bones-the-dragon chapter 1 . 2/13/2011
I could not stop laughing while reading this story and visualizing the characters while this whole thing was playing out. Huge kudos!
ColdFusion180 chapter 1 . 2/13/2011
So much for the Joes liking the new cartoon. Maybe some of them will try and write their own. And the love triangle finally comes to an end. Wonder if any more will pop up. Great work!
willwrite4fics chapter 1 . 2/13/2011
Hahaha.. I was JUST thinking "What if they saw the new cartoon?"
bluerose8129yahoo.com chapter 1 . 2/13/2011
Poor Beach, he really didn't know. But Shipwreck getting hit was wonderful. Hawk was so wonderfully calm and then asking Flint to whack the other 2 was such a great little touch. Just a couple typos, but nothing major. Please do more of these!