Reviews for Dream Traveler
TaraLi chapter 4 . 1/8/2012
Perhaps it's because I have just been listening to Peter, Paul and Mary singing Puff the Magic Dragon, but this story hit me hard. You did a wonderful job of guiding Shindou through Dreamland, and the advice Sai gave him was so perfect... Just *WOW*. Thank you, very much!
Setzrath chapter 4 . 11/26/2011
Absolutely amazing. This is the best Sandman crossover for any fandom I have seen, very true to it, and I love the story and how it's true to Hikaru no Go as well. Excellent work. Thank you for writing this story.
fayriel chapter 4 . 7/18/2011
Actually I don't know "Sandman" and I normally don't like crossovers but this one is nice. And sad. Thank you!
Nocturnal Smile chapter 4 . 6/20/2011
Thank you for giving Hikaru the closure he so desperately needed. This was a lovely story, I really enjoyed reading all the descriptions of different dreams. Touya's was the funniest to me, I can only imagine what would happen if it comes up in conversation the next day (though it seems like he's forgotten most of it by the time he wakes up). I like how the ending was kind of ambiguous at the end, the whole was it really him or Dream being kind through a lie? Either is slightly heartbreaking but tender for different reasons. Thank you for such a great story!
Sakiku chapter 4 . 5/28/2011
Sai or not Sai, that is the question...

(To be honest, in German it's a lot more funny... 'Sein oder nicht Sein, das ist die Frage' is a word-by-word translation of '(To) be or not (to) be, that is the question', and 'Sein''be' is pronounced like 'Sai' with an extra 'n' at the end)

A lovely dream. Mythical with Face-stealers, nightmares, quests, and ever-changing surroundings. The encounter with the trick-goban and Akira was marvellous.

The ending though, was the best, I think. Dream and Death being mysterious, Hikaru hearing what he needed to hear, and nobody knowing what the truth is.

Thank you very much for this supernaturally good read.

Sakiku
TrisakAminawn chapter 4 . 3/26/2011
Heh. One of those inconclusive endings. Wow, Hikaru got honored there. Watch out, kid, you've put yourself in the way of some potential hurt...but most likely you'll just get to be a little more important than most of the inhabitants of reality at the funeral, since you've actually spoken with him.
TrisakAminawn chapter 2 . 3/26/2011
Yeah, nopperabou are a good story. I liked those two variations of nightmare. Yay Touya showing up! Hikaru is about the right amount of idiot and just high enough on the brat scale to still be himself, even this late in the story when he's gotten over being really selfish. I like this a lot. Hee.

I hope Sai was actually Sai. Ghost-dreams and The Dreaming don't match very well, and I don't like to think of Sai /become/ one of Morpheus' dreams, it's too grim a life. Heh. No one ever helps Abel. Sometimes I think that's part of the point of their story.

...having a Japanese character here with a connection to Sai and his mythological associations is kind of troublesome, though, since Sandman operates on a variation of the standard DCU mythological system and Susano-no-o appeared once and was very common and uninspiring and I believe mentioned Marilyn Monroe had joined his pantheon. And meanwhile God's in his heaven though naught's right with the world, and Cain and Abel are the first story.

This always made me uncomfortable. Ever since Hell was remitted to the angels, it was 'blah! Stupid Christian ethos.' Now problematic for resolution of this story, since Sai's view of falling under the Go God's purview can't quite match reality.
t.m.p.a chapter 4 . 3/26/2011
Gotta remember to add you to my favourite author list:)

Todella moniulotteinen ja alkuperilleen uskollinen, pienimpiä yksityiskohtia myöten. Love it 3
lolligje chapter 4 . 3/15/2011
i loved it...) it was quite sad. would love to read this book though...it seems interesting.

only critic i have is: you shouldn't have told us if sai was real or not. it made the power of the story go away. i would have liked it more if you had let us guess.
adamjb chapter 4 . 3/11/2011
Interesting story. I enjoyed reading it. A little clichè, but that can be forgiven. Reminded me a bit of the Wizard of Oz. Was that intentional?