Reviews for It's Not Like I Wanted This to Happen
I've first read this fic as soon as it was posted. Embraced it not really imagining it would've become this amazing story, so far from what that first chapter delivered back in 2011.
And the universe decided it was something I should re-read now, 7 years older and, (I like to believe) more mature. It was exactly what I needed, in ways you could never imagine. Or maybe you could. )
And since the universe was so kind to me, I'll abuse this kindness and ask for a new chapter.
If not, thank you anyway, for writing this in the first place, and sharing such real life-like properly developed characters. Especially Quinn. Always Quinn.
BiUnicorn Brittany and lesbo chapter 27 . 4/23
Good God did you really put in po po or am I dreaming
vitrine chapter 100 . 2/25
God, the ending line of this chapter is great. It's amazing to see Quinn be so happy, and it never fails to bring a smile to my face to read about how much Quinn wholeheartedly loves Rachel.

I love each one of your characters. They're all so lovable and hilarious and undeniably human it'd be impossible NOT to love them, especially Rachel, Quinn, Brittany, Santana, and Puck. I appreciated how you respectfully and frankly you portrayed the intensely platonic, slightly romantic love between the four. It's a difficult dynamic to write about realistically, but you did it wonderfully.

During the first few chapters I was admittedly a bit skeptical about how forthright Quinn was to Rachel's fathers about her parental issues and insecurities. But I kept reading and I'm so glad I did. There's something for everyone in this story: love, family, guilt, race, sexuality, profound sadness, top notch vocabulary, etc. I don't know how you did it, but you've captured the essence of what makes what life worth living onto paper, or rather a fanfiction site.

Thank you so much for writing this story. I hope you have a great day!
vitrine chapter 87 . 2/24
Heartbreaking chapter. On a side note, I can't stop thinking about Quinn's perpetual anhedonia. For life to be so difficult that true happiness is a rarity is such a strange and saddening concept to me.
BT chapter 101 . 2/20
I generally delete my favorite to a story that hasn't been updated in as long as it has been for this one, but I don't think I'll ever remove this one, just in hope that it is updated some day...
vitrine chapter 17 . 2/20
I'm having a nice time Googling the definitions of a few words you sprinkle into the chapters, for example "expurgated." Thanks for the vocab, lol!
vitrine chapter 16 . 2/20
I love how you've characterized Santana thus far. Woke, fiercely protective, smart.
LuxRobinson chapter 101 . 1/31
I absolutely adore this fic! I have read it over and over again and I never get sic of it. You are truly a very gifted writer!
Gleefreak15 chapter 92 . 1/13
Please update soon I really really really miss this story.
crazay16 chapter 101 . 12/3/2017
best story ever
Guest chapter 101 . 11/16/2017
yo still waiting on you! I come back to this story every once in awhile to check on a possible update... and end up reading it all over again!
Guest chapter 101 . 10/29/2017
I wanted to just let you know I hope you're doing well.
perpetualblyss chapter 100 . 8/12/2017
Have you in fact been hit by a bus? If not come on back! I just reread the entire emotional gorgeous saga. I would love for you to add to it as time permits. Kudos on this magnificent piece.
George Liapes chapter 31 . 7/29/2017
At that moment...

Finn and Mercedes realized...

That they really fucked up.

Great chapter.
Sarah chapter 101 . 5/1/2017
I really hope you haven't been hit by a bus. This story is one of my ultimate favorites and the fact it seems to go on forever is just one of the reasons. It's 2017 and I'm reading this for maybe the fifth time since I found it. I probably read it about once a year or so.

The characters are fully people, even the ones you hate and everyone else is clearly flawed but so human and trying to be better and maybe not always getting there but trying anyways. As much as I love the parents and the friends and the teachers, the point of this story is Rachel and Quinn and Santana and Brittany. Who they are together, who they are apart and how they've been so interconnected since the day they've met.

I adore your Santana who cares so fiercely it can tear her to pieces and how Brittany may be labelled "retarded" but is mostly the most emotionally intelligent person in the room. I love Rachel for all her quirks and dreams and I love how you made her change but not into a different person. So many authors change her completely but you just helped her grow up. And you showed that it was and is a struggle. But that's real. And Quinn. Quinn has been my ultimate favorite on that show since I saw it. And you're letting her be happy. Not forcing her into box after box but thinking about why she might react the way she does and explaining it and fixing it. It might've taken years but Quinn is finally going to be happier and her being happy makes me cry because she is so lost and lonely in the show. She's desperately sad and angry about it and confused and thank you for acknowledging that and writing her a happier story. (That makes way more sense than whatever hell they kept putting her character through on the show)

It's been a bit more than a year since you updated but I promise if you update anytime this year, next year my annual read through will be that much better. I love reading but I have always always hated that stories end. That one of my favorites isn't really over is yet another reason it's one of my favorites.
3,914 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »