Reviews for As Good As Dead
celajwhitney chapter 22 . 2/16
Pam has been very busy with Eric gone. I always wondered why Andre wasn't in True Blood, maybe they couldn't find anyone slimy enough to play him. he seemed to be a malevolent Eddie Haskell to me.
celajwhitney chapter 19 . 2/16
ha! what Fintan did to Quinn was so funny but no more that he deserved.
celajwhitney chapter 15 . 2/16
I wish Eric killing Gabe in the show would have been exactly like that.
celajwhitney chapter 12 . 2/15
oh ick Quinn!
JuleKiwi chapter 1 . 2/7
Bahaha best start to a fic ever
Dldkjl chapter 35 . 12/11/2020
Dang...I'm late for the party and probably no one will see this but how disappointing that Sookie had to still think about killing someone that wanted her dead so she could fuck Eric. I liked the story but at times I wanted to strangle Sookie. Here in the end it pissed me off that she needed help from Fintan...it should've been automatically that Sookie would kill the witch.. No Sookie you are not really a team with Eric if you have to think too much about killing someone to protect Eric...you would've done it automatically for Sam or one of your so called friends...but whatever.
bttrflybelle chapter 35 . 11/5/2020
Love your story!
GlassMazeGazer chapter 33 . 4/21/2020
These stories that give Sookie extra powers nearly always seem to have them fail exactly when she needs them. I don’t get it, but it’s the equivalent of all the stupid films & TV shows that have the female running from her attacker(s) trip & fall. GAH!
GlassMazeGazer chapter 31 . 4/21/2020
See, in MY fantasy world, the minute Shifty Sam growled at Eric for kissing his own wife, Eric would shut him up with a quick right jab to the jawline, just low enough that Eric’s big ol’ fist broke the jaw bone AND crushed the larynx. Sams suck as much as Bills. It’s just that Bills have the advantage of (usually) being able to drug the Sookies with their blood. The Sams would too if they could.
GlassMazeGazer chapter 27 . 4/21/2020
So, I’m guessing the strange human scent in the yard when they got home was Rene since Jason was still a suspect. Can’t wait to see how Rene is handled in this fic.

I was mostly liking this Sookie. She hasn’t been nearly as awful as most Sookies, but now that they’re back home & she’s pulling out the whiny, hypocritical, bigoted bullshit, I’m liking her less & less. Heaven help Eric if he gets mad & hurts someone, but when Sookie does it, “Oh but baby, poor little ol’ me, I just couldn’t help it...” Her friend & her brother are involved in crimes that get vampires killed, “Oh but you can’t punish them ‘cuz their special ‘cuz I’m so special.” *bats eyes* *Cue pouty lips* Ugh!

Is Eric going to glamour Jason to keep his dumb ass mouth shut about all the stuff Sookie wasn’t supposed to tell him?
GlassMazeGazer chapter 19 . 4/21/2020
I like that Fintan will just take Hunter out of the equation. (Yep — I know — I’m all kinds of awful for being okay with having a child *like Hunter* disappeared right out from under his loser parents‘ noses — and I’m okay with that particular awfulness in me.) Neither Hadley nor Remy are fit to be responsible for him. Proof of Hadley’s unworthiness — she sold out Sookie AND she has let enough slip to Sophie Anne for her to already be plotting on having two telepaths for herself. Oh, & I very much enjoyed Quinn getting his ass handed to him by Fintan.

As for the ever present pseudo-Christian conscience that intermittently causes (seemingly) all Sookie characters to randomly moralize (but conveniently never happens when it would get in the way of one of her own less than Christian approved goals), I say, “STUFF A SOCK IN IT YA BIG HYPOCRITE!” She should either walk the walk herself, all day, everyday, or shut-up and leave others to their own beliefs & moral codes.

I’m probably defective by many folks standards, having been raised without religion, but I am also a survivor of both incestuous assaults as a child and being raped as an adult. The fear, embarrassment, & utter humiliation often make a victim (&/or their families, friends, significant others, ...) want to keep it a secret. So long as the attacker is kept away afterwards it makes things seem better. The problem is that letting it go leaves the monsters free to terrorize more victims. As far as I can tell from reading, these tendencies can’t be trained or punished out of the monsters — they will remain monsters until they die. I normally like to think I’m mostly a pacifist by nature, but if I had an ‘avenging angel’ like Eric in my life, I’d be all kinds of grateful, not angry.
GlassMazeGazer chapter 12 . 4/21/2020
Ugh! QSA, Compton, AND Quinn. In Sookie’s place, I might be giving serious consideration to offing myself just to avoid putting up with them! But only after I personally took Hadley out for initiating the problems to begin with. And why would Godric consider a marriage to Sophie Anne? There have to be better options if he’s interested in a marriage alliance.
GlassMazeGazer chapter 10 . 4/21/2020
Hmm. This is a very different Godric than I’ve seen before.
GlassMazeGazer chapter 9 . 4/20/2020
Since Godric is the King of Texas in this story, I have to wonder why Eric is putting up with Sophie Anne in Louisiana. Not that she’d be easily to persuaded to move, but it seems like Sookie would be much safer in Texas with the protection of both Eric & Godric.
AidualcLupa chapter 35 . 4/17/2020
One of my all time favorite stories! Thanks again! I LOVE Godric and Liam and I'm still sorry you've abandoned fanfiction, or should I say: SVM/TB-stories? Maybe, just maybe there is a chance you'll return?... Nevertheless, I wish you luck with your new project! Take care!
1,601 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »