Reviews for A Pirate's Life for Me
Lepori chapter 2 . 7/29/2011
Alright, you wanted me to review this one too, so here it goes! *cracks fingers*

Again, I'll be straightforward, it was pretty hot for a short fic. However, I think you misinterpreted the personalities of Francis, Arthur, and Antonio in this time period. Pirate!England and Pirate!Spain are a lot different than modern England and Spain. When Arthur and Antonio were pirates, they were not "uke" in the slightest. They liked being in control and dominating everyone they deemed beneath them. Therefore, they weren't really "nice". Fun-loving? Yes, but they'd be damned if anybody were to top them in bed. They also weren't nice with each other. Arthur and Antonio had this rivalry as pirates so they'd always try to best each other when it came to sailing on the seven seas, so their warm friendship here...seemed out of place somewhat? And though Antonio is a bubbly and sweet person today, as a pirate, he was almost the complete opposite, so his childish "over the top" pirate role-playing didn't seem like him, you know? Both the Englishman and the Spaniard were serious when they decided piracy was their new career. (Oh, and the correct spelling is "Spaniard" but it's an honest mistake so no worries )

Their piracy days were probably when their personalities were the most different as opposed to their personalities in this current era. If you're going to write about pirate!England and pirate!Spain, just remember that they don't ever see themselves as the submissive ones. They're ruthless captains. They like to be in control of things so they will fight for dominance on the seas, and while satisfying themselves in bed with another person, even each other if SpUK is your thing. Also, if they did in fact harbor romantic feelings toward somebody, they'd be too prideful to say it casually. Their actions would speak louder than words in this case.

Francis on the other hand seemed...not himself. Even if he were to be stranded on an island, he wouldn't of acted defeated or anything, and he also wouldn't have been so willing to make Arthur forgive him. Let's just say all three of them were prideful and liked to show that they were in control, so Francis wasn't "nice" either during this time. Even though the Englishman and the Spaniard are portrayed in their pirate garbs a lot more frequently, Arthur, Antonio, and Francis are the pirate trio, so their personalities should be more atrocious, stubborn, and prideful, even threatening, not nice and friendly. Perhaps they can feign friendliness to get what they want, but other than that, they pretty much only care about themselves, and their crew, and whoever else catches their eye. But suaveness? Oh yes, they definitely had that

I think the sex scene between Francis and Arthur could have been played out better or at least prolonged with memories or something. I don't know since your style of writing is different from mine. Again, I think it occurred too fast. But other than that, I can't think of anything else to say.

Don't feel discouraged by this review. It was your first time writing the pirate versions of Arthur and Antonio, so it's fine! Now you have this for future reference!

Keep on writing though! Practice makes perfect like the saying goes! Trust me on this one. My writing when I first joined this site was so bad that I was appalled when I looked back at them today, so I had to delete them because they were just too horrible for the public's eyes.

Anyway, like I said, don't feel offended by this review, but do keep on writing!

- Jubilee
godscousininlaw chapter 2 . 2/20/2011
Ohonhon I really liked this one! Usually Pirate!FrUking is seme!England, and I rarely see UKe with the pirates, this was awesome! Mmmm great job
Hannaadi88 chapter 2 . 2/15/2011
*licks lips* Pirates. Joy XD

This was awesome (though Francis seemed a bit too... /nice/ *snicker*) and sexy. I can tell the two of you had a great time writing this ;P
ultimatebishoujo21 chapter 1 . 2/13/2011
Aww cute, pirate spain and pirate france r still friends
ultimatebishoujo21 chapter 1 . 2/13/2011
Aww cute, pirate spain and pirate france r still friends
Poloppi chapter 1 . 2/13/2011
I definitely want to read more!