Reviews for Animus facit nobilem
AgentOhioS118 chapter 1 . 11/30/2014
So much feels that I cant stop reading them now. I just keep going and pulling them up! :/ They're sooo good...
OhTex chapter 1 . 1/7/2012
This is so beautifully heartbreaking...and I loved every word! :)
The Cunning Linguist chapter 1 . 8/17/2011
I thoroughly enjoyed reading this. It was wonderful.
Major Mike Powell III chapter 1 . 3/7/2011
Well, well, soldier...

This...was...T_T

B-E-A-Utiful and heart-wrenching. T_T

N-I-CE work, marine!

Semper-Fi! Carry on!
Assassin Aisha chapter 1 . 2/12/2011
Aww...I feel srry for Six...
skywalker05 chapter 1 . 2/12/2011
There is so much I like about this. SO MUCH. "every time I feel them tangling up with mine, I get this tight feeling in my throat. It's starting to hurt now;"... "I watched how you and the others interacted, and it scared me when I figured out I was studying all of you so I could do it, too." and that whole paragraph about how she doesn't really know how to be human (which is dealt with in my Valentine's Day fic too, wheee!)... "that beautiful white-on-purple cloud you made when you took out that supercarrier's midsection";... and, "I like how our numbers were always side by side", which, just, yes.

Also, this. "all the little bits of you left over from the explosion got into the atmosphere and became Reach."

Also, this. "It's a slick edge, but my fingers are dug in and I'm not letting go till I'm dead." That's just a great image right there. I really think you've improved as a writer since I first started reading your stuff, and I'm not saying that just because I desperately need not to be the only Six/Jorge writer in the world (although that is part of it.) You have more poetry in your words now.

I didn't like "Which could be very soon." It was too abrupt, too...it made me laugh in a sardonic way and I don't think that's what you were going for. XD

Loved the end. Nice work!
Chronarch chapter 1 . 2/12/2011
You know, I'm never really a fan of these one-shot stories because they're always showing a poorly written generic love story between characters.

This is the exception.

Animus facit nobilem was beautifully written, a great deal of character development on Six's part and I like the insight into a Spartan's emotions. Fantastic literary techniques used too, well done for giving me a degree of faith in these kinds of stories.