Reviews for It Never Snows In Southern California
Beckydaspatz chapter 1 . 9/22/2011
I almost cried...300 hundred words and I was on the verge of tears. That is the mark of a great writer. Great job.
BarbaraGER chapter 1 . 2/15/2011
This. Is. An. Awesome. Story.

Honestly, it's so gorgeous! I love Dean's train of thoughts, love the way you wrote him in this. It's totally him.

And of course he'd build a snowwoman and of course he would so damn tell Sam that there were women indeed! The way he's constantly worrying but trying to keep the spirits high, for Sammy's sake, it is like Dean would have done it.

Okay, the crow part is disgusting ;-P No, seriously, it's the way children think, right? Bird is bird. Awesome how you worked that one out!

And then John comes home, finally, and I can smell his jacket myself and I want to cry as well because I'm damn glad to see him!

Brilliant little thing! Good use of the egg!

**claps her hands**

Me
Katydid43 chapter 1 . 2/14/2011
*Blinks tears out of eyes* Sniff… Sniff… *clears throat so Dragonspeak can understand* Wow! That was good! You really got the emotion Dean must've been feeling to really be felt with your words! Excellent job! :-)
moviemom44 chapter 1 . 2/14/2011
Wow, Az. Just...Wow. I've never added one of these drabbles to my faves before...I can't say that anymore. Wow.

This is a fully developed story, just like E and O said in their instructions - a 100-word story, not 100 words of a story - and you told in 300 words. Every image, every emotion crystal clear.

Best line: "Snow. Not the powdered-earth kind. No buddy, the we're-so-srewed kind."

Also loved: "praying, yeah...no kidding"

Really, really loved: "And when he hears heavy rumbling he starts to cry softly, until he feels strong arms, smells familiar leather. Daddy's back."

Just now, it occurred to me that little Dean didn't think 'Daddy's home', but instead 'Daddy's back.' Did you do that on purpose?

OUTSTANDING! -Wendie
Madd Aless chapter 1 . 2/13/2011
Loving the protectiveness and sweetness.
Swellison chapter 1 . 2/13/2011
Wow, Dizzo this is awesome. Love Dean's food-description of the snow - like a hungry Eskimo;-) (Eskimos have-what? 52 or 37 different words for snow.) Sounds very like a young, protective scared-but-won't-show-it Dean. "Kids can smell fear" - so telling that 12-year old Dean doesn't put himself in that category, kids.

Sue
Wolfpack pride chapter 1 . 2/13/2011
Awww. Thank you. I love this set. It is fantastic. Even the first snow fall of the year, I always have the same reaction Sammy did. My favorite lines were:

"No buddy, the we're-so-screwed kind"

and

"Daddy's back"

Very nice job.
Dizzo chapter 1 . 2/13/2011
This is utterly gorgeous!

You've taken me from from excited curiosity to fun (so very 'Dean' making a snow-woman) to despair in three hundred words - what a ride!

Poor sick Sammy and the boys reduced to eating a crow - that bit almost made me cry :(

Great job.

And thanks for the dedication, but really not necessary; more than happy to be an ear to your ramblings any time!

xx
PwnedByPineapple chapter 1 . 2/13/2011
Okay, I really love this. It's too cute and adorable, and it made me 'aww'. Poor boys, stuck in the snow.
Enkidu07 chapter 1 . 2/13/2011
You have this 100 word thing down to a science. Kudos and *bows* Nicely done. Great drabbles.
Amberdreams chapter 1 . 2/13/2011
I love this! Totally unsentimental wee!chesters - Dean being so awesomely practical making snow shoes and keeping Sam amused, only despairing when all his resources are played out and he can't do any more. Thank goodness for John's arrival at the last minute, eh?

Great built up of tension through the 3 mini stories.

PS one small typo "we're-so-srewed kind" you missed the c in screwed :D