Reviews for The Fist In The Face
Bones2014 chapter 1 . 7/6/2015
I had mixed feelings about that episode. Yes, I felt sorry for Booth cuz he looked so hurt. Yes, I think he proposed cuz of what Sweet's said. No, I don't believe he loved Hannah. I believe he loved the idea of Hannah, that she was easy & fun to be with. However, I did not like how he treated Brennan at the bar. Yes, I believe he did fall in love with Brennan early on in their partnership, & that scared him as much as it did her, therefore the proverbial line. I could go on & on. Sorry. Let me close by saying I love your conclusion here. Nice:)
bountypeaches chapter 1 . 9/3/2014
This is exactly what I think of DitM- I think you nailed it perfectly.

Especially this part: "What? You saying it's my fault? ... I'm the common denominator?" Sweets nodded. "You'll probably say that I chose these women because I really don't want to get married and by picking women who don't want me, I get to be single and it's not my fault."

At the end of S6, HH even said- "Booth CHOSES women who will say no". Booth has a conscious choice in the women he goes after and he only went after women he couldn't have. I think Booth was just as afraid of marriage- so he used this as an emotional backdoor. He would only commit to women who didn't want commitment- so he doesn't have to deal with not being good enough. Of course over time it makes him not feel good enough anyways. Brennan sticking around- makes him realize he is good enough- its just his methods which we finally see him changing.
Snappysara chapter 1 . 3/19/2012
I have only just discovered your fanfic. I loved this take on the Booth/Brennan/Hannah triangle. You wrote this beautifully. I have a lot of catching up to do reading all of your stories. x
GentleReader chapter 1 . 5/18/2011
Wow..this one packs a punch (pun intended). I like how you explore Booth's anger-we didn't get enough of that on the show. The interaction between he and Sweets is perfect; I was chuckling imagining poor Sweets, jaw wired shut, emphatically gesturing to get his point across.

Well-done, Liz. Hope the season finale inspires some more Bones fic from you! :)
cast14 chapter 1 . 4/1/2011
great story i loved it
LBF chapter 1 . 3/10/2011
This is a very well written story, but I have to say that I don’t really understand how people don’t feel sorry for Booth. He’s been acting like a jerk this season, that’s true, but the guy has just as many issues as Brennan does and very few people seem willing to admit that. It’s always poor Brennan, Booth’s such a bastard. Just because they handle their feelings/problems differently doesn’t mean that one is more deserving of sympathy than the other. Booth is obviously as desperately to be loved and settled and have a family as Brennan is terrified of it.

As for Booth being a jerk to Hannah, I really don’t think he was. Hannah might’ve said she wasn’t the marrying kind, but it’s just as likely as that Booth expressed his own desire to get married and have a family. If Hannah couldn’t give him that and would never be willing to give him that then she shouldn’t have been in a relationship with him to begin with. She clearly knew that Booth would propose at some point as she said herself ‘I thought we’d have more time…’ so neither Booth or Hannah was right in this situation. Neither bothered to listen to each other and the end of their relationship was inevitable.

When it comes to Booth kicking Hannah out, I’ll be honest when I say that I can’t remember the exact conversation, but wasn’t Hannah the one who said she’d get her stuff out of Booth’s apartment? I thought Booth simply didn’t protest and why should he? The relationship was over, just as it should’ve been. Hannah couldn’t give him what he needed (marriage, a family) and Booth couldn’t give Hannah what she needed (a good time without too many strings or complications).

And yeah, sorry for going on like this, I just don’t understand why people feel the need to see Booth punished or humiliated or hurt even more when he was already in pain. It just seems that people are always more willing to forgive Brennan for her shortcomings than Booth and it gets frustrating. Really, though, the story was very well-written, I just feel Booth had the right to be upset that night.
stephiet1973 chapter 1 . 2/28/2011
This was so good, I can't believe I only just found it. Outstanding work, I really enjoyed it, and as such, am off to read more of your stories, LOL.
marple chapter 1 . 2/27/2011
Yay once again a fantastic fic from you.

Ive tried to read a couple of other stories about this epi, but i didnt like them. They all seem to feel so sorry for Booth, when he is the one treating both Hannah and Brennan really like shit.

So happy to find this then. Liked how you got that point out there, with his no compromises and my way or the highway.

Brennan is always such a friend to him even though he treats her so bad. Imo she would do all this and even bail him out.

Loved the mix of fun in this one too. Sweets probly deserved to get that hit too, for all the stuff hes pulled in the past too.

Again brilliant and thank you.
windyg68 chapter 1 . 2/16/2011
Great story Liz, love it. Hope it happens like this soon. Bye Bye Hannah
bones35 chapter 1 . 2/15/2011
This is really an excellent story; effective, realistic, and moving. Frankly, a very plausible story that oozes with emotion and caring.

Well done!
hot4booth chapter 1 . 2/14/2011
Whoa! That was very intense. It gave me a lot to think about such as why Brennan could feel insulted by Booth being mad at her.
breakfastmakesmeawesome chapter 1 . 2/14/2011
I've got all my teeth … Sweets … DUDE ...

You killed it!
skagengiirl chapter 1 . 2/14/2011
This was great! :D Long for someone who's really tired, but I guess I just have to learn to check how many words a fic contains and then read it when I'm not so tired :P

But this was really great. I hope something will happen between them this season. It's getting harder and harder to wait - and I'm getting tired of hating Booth. I miss the Booth-liking days :/
Tartantrace chapter 1 . 2/14/2011
I enjoyed this - but I do feel sorry for Booth. He's just as damaged as Bones - but in different ways. Good job!
Pig-Rabbit-Suk chapter 1 . 2/14/2011
Awwww. That was adorable and sad as well. But you do have a slight spelling error after the first, "_P~I~T~Y_x_P~A~R~T~Y _x_F~O~R_x_O~N~E_" the sentence is, "He remembered his fist couple of drinks, but after he ordered his first Tequila shot his memory started getting blurry."

You miss spelled "first".