Reviews for The Love of a Lily
liliCartMan chapter 1 . 12/9/2016
The idea of Love Potion sounds improbable, but maybe not impossible considering how disrespectful Maruaders showed to be (and totally uncapable to predict consequences if we think about Sirius). As much as I know, James stopped bullying people at his 7th year, then THEORETICALLY he had grown mature, and even became Head Boy. ACTUALLY, this is totally to see: Sirius and Lupin said that he had not stopped bullying Snape because Snape cursed anyone he met, and this was bad for Snape; but the add that he had stopped bullying Snape only FAR FROM LILY'S eyes and this make me think
A) it was dishonest towards her, even if Snape had ruined himself
B) James had not learnt this lesson: that the more he bullied Snape and not only Snape, the worse he did not only for Lily, but for Snape too Marauders bullied Snape not only for Death Eaters, but because they LIKED to bully, and being snape slytherin for them was a "proof" that Snape would become a bad guy, as if it was a symptom of something genetic /so, impossible to change) and becoming a Death eater for Marauders was not but a "logical consequence" of being Slytherin. Sirius, aged 35 years old, never repented about this, he even still says "Snape anyway deserved everything, and everyone is normally a little idiot at 15 years old" that is a totally idiot speech (he was not even sorry for risking to kill Snape). Already for this, letting a child stay with him would be bad in the educative sense, as much as a criminal can (Death Eater). The form changes (Dark spells or not) the matter does not (prejudices and lack of respect) and Lily synthetizes in in few lines (flashback)
Why should we think so securely that James had grown mature? here is the example I make: I have a father that made my mother being humiliated in front of law, because he forgot paying taxes, and that mocks everyone plays music as a non-professionist, or works as an artist. My mother despises this way of treating people, but never left him because "did not want leave me with his bad example". My parents smile together during feasts, but their differences in ideas are still herthere, ad have been arguing hardly for years. It is a thing that happens, even in a worse way (people who are beaten, raped, killed by their own partners) why couldn't we think that James had not changed completely, and that James' and Lily's marriage was not totally happy for this? we have never seen James saying "I was so wrong with Snape anyway" "I cant teach Harry to judge people basing on their House..."

Wait: in the story, who had deceived the witch IN THE FIRST PLACE and she would defeat?! the trickster husband? or anyone else?

Harry? what if in the arguing with Snape for Hogsmeade, Snape did not make a hint about the Whomping Willow, but about the potion?
"you're lying abotu Hogsmeade: as arrogant, disrespectful of rules like your father with your mind full of..."
"SHUT UP! MY FATHER SAVED YOUR LIFE!"
"ah, did Dumbledore tell you how REALLY things developed? ah he saved me, but made this vain..." etc.
or if Lupin made it in the Shrieking Shank?
Good Idea chapter 1 . 12/23/2015
I love your stories! There is always that balance between the Marauders and Severus Snape without making one side into saints and the other side cruel and moronic. Take this story for example, James Potter shows that he has good intentions, but he goes about it the wrong way. You don't bash him and the rest of the marauders (except maybe Pettigrew, but that is understandable) and turn Severus into an angel in your stories and you don't justify the Marauders bullying and you don't demonize Snape. Both sides in your stories are good people with flaws.
KaiPhoenix chapter 1 . 5/22/2014
Wow...this is just...there are no words.

But I want to know more! This has so much potential!

-Kai
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 10/2/2012
"Have you ever taken a good look at them, Potter, a really good look? You might as well be a Death Eater torturing a poor defensive Muggle."

"I'm nothing like them!"

-No, of course not. Besides, it's just coincidence that he's a pureblood and Snape's a halfblood. Honest.

I love the premise, considering that even Harry wondered if there was a potion involved.
RB chapter 1 . 8/15/2012
Such an interesting idea. I wish you'd take it up again.
ToneishaShipper chapter 1 . 5/6/2012
Real good, but I would stick with the time you have, and make it a longer story of how they got together.
FlashFiction chapter 1 . 10/21/2011
James, James, James *shakes head* Love potion is not the best option!
Railz13 chapter 1 . 8/1/2011
This was a really good start and you really should continue it. Pleas update soon!
Cassandra30 chapter 1 . 7/25/2011
Really good! Again James is proving he is arrogant and spoiled. someone should ask how he would feel if it were his daughter or son that was given the potion.
1sunfun chapter 1 . 4/30/2011
Interessting story, want to read more.

CCAP
Alethea27 chapter 1 . 2/15/2011
I absolutely hate old Pothead. Arrogant bully that he is! I wouldn't be surprised to find the asshole put something in Lily's drink. I've always wondered how she ended up with that idiot after she hated his guts for the better part of five years. Never made sense to me. I really like fiction where Severus finds out Harry is his son, but that's just my opinion. Please update soon.
Young Just Us chapter 1 . 2/15/2011
Bah stupid James. I really like this idea, and I can't wait to see where you take this story!
matrice chapter 1 . 2/13/2011
A clever introduction. I loved how you made James act amorally, but at the same time made him consider his actions justified. If you think about it, that's what originated some of the Marauders' most dangerous and damaging acts -case in point, Sirius' potentially lethal prank, which he defended even as an adult-.

That's much more believable than making him simply act amorally, fully admitting to himself the gravity of what he is about to do, and consciously deciding to do it anyway (well, that's not completely true, since he obviously knows what he is doing, he has just convinced himself that is actions are, in fact, "acceptable", not so bad).

Like when he tormented other students, as Lily pointed out. He never saw the commonalities between himself -a spoiled pureblood, narrow minded and riddled with his own set of prejudices, willing to hurt a less fortunate student that had done nothing to him but "exist"- and the people he said to despise.

In a sentence: he managed to secure Lily's affection by drugging her, and he still managed to preserve his "self image" as a "knight in shining armour", at least in his own eyes. He compared himself to the heroic character of a tale -something that, given his character, is actually not that difficult to visualize-.