Reviews for The Love of a Lily
KaiPhoenix chapter 1 . 5/22/2014
Wow...this is just...there are no words.

But I want to know more! This has so much potential!

excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 10/2/2012
"Have you ever taken a good look at them, Potter, a really good look? You might as well be a Death Eater torturing a poor defensive Muggle."

"I'm nothing like them!"

-No, of course not. Besides, it's just coincidence that he's a pureblood and Snape's a halfblood. Honest.

I love the premise, considering that even Harry wondered if there was a potion involved.
RB chapter 1 . 8/15/2012
Such an interesting idea. I wish you'd take it up again.
ToneishaShipper chapter 1 . 5/6/2012
Real good, but I would stick with the time you have, and make it a longer story of how they got together.
FlashFiction chapter 1 . 10/21/2011
James, James, James *shakes head* Love potion is not the best option!
Railz13 chapter 1 . 8/1/2011
This was a really good start and you really should continue it. Pleas update soon!
Cassandra30 chapter 1 . 7/25/2011
Really good! Again James is proving he is arrogant and spoiled. someone should ask how he would feel if it were his daughter or son that was given the potion.
1sunfun chapter 1 . 4/30/2011
Interessting story, want to read more.

Alethea27 chapter 1 . 2/15/2011
I absolutely hate old Pothead. Arrogant bully that he is! I wouldn't be surprised to find the asshole put something in Lily's drink. I've always wondered how she ended up with that idiot after she hated his guts for the better part of five years. Never made sense to me. I really like fiction where Severus finds out Harry is his son, but that's just my opinion. Please update soon.
Young Just Us chapter 1 . 2/15/2011
Bah stupid James. I really like this idea, and I can't wait to see where you take this story!
matrice chapter 1 . 2/13/2011
A clever introduction. I loved how you made James act amorally, but at the same time made him consider his actions justified. If you think about it, that's what originated some of the Marauders' most dangerous and damaging acts -case in point, Sirius' potentially lethal prank, which he defended even as an adult-.

That's much more believable than making him simply act amorally, fully admitting to himself the gravity of what he is about to do, and consciously deciding to do it anyway (well, that's not completely true, since he obviously knows what he is doing, he has just convinced himself that is actions are, in fact, "acceptable", not so bad).

Like when he tormented other students, as Lily pointed out. He never saw the commonalities between himself -a spoiled pureblood, narrow minded and riddled with his own set of prejudices, willing to hurt a less fortunate student that had done nothing to him but "exist"- and the people he said to despise.

In a sentence: he managed to secure Lily's affection by drugging her, and he still managed to preserve his "self image" as a "knight in shining armour", at least in his own eyes. He compared himself to the heroic character of a tale -something that, given his character, is actually not that difficult to visualize-.