Reviews for Promises
dmichelle312 chapter 2 . 1/7
A marvellous piece of writing...
Ariel D chapter 2 . 2/15/2011
As you well know, I love this story. I adore the hurt/comfort aspect, the way they are clearly friends and clearly care for each other. However, I also think the fight scene and the slowed down time is totally awesome. I got H/C and wicked-cool fighting all in the same story. You can't beat that.

You know, I agree with one of the other reviewers-you can't get enough Entreri and Jarlaxle hurt/comfort stories!
Yulandia chapter 2 . 2/15/2011
I rather like fluff, thank you :)

Aww poor Artemis. That was rather tense when he was forced to make a false promise like that, especially when he was so worried about his best friend dying. And he didn't want to betray his friend by having it not be true.

I love the fighting coordination of these two - the hand signaling and OH! Jarlaxle's new ring. Very cool! That fight scene was amazing - brief, gory and fun to watch! Neat that it was observed from a standpoint of wonder and amusement. Definitely shared the reader's reaction!

And then the heartfelt conversation surrounded by bleeding chunks of dead men. *big smiles* (only these two...)

I'm sure that Jarlaxle's near death in the last chapter made Artemis feel somewhat betrayed. His choice of of a promise from Jarlaxle in the second chapter just proves it.

Nicely done :)))
Lady Annikaa chapter 2 . 2/15/2011
Awesome job!
Silverfox1 chapter 2 . 2/14/2011
Ah, it's been a long time since I enjoyed an FR fic this much. I just love those two. (And I like hurt-comfort, too. Perfect combination.)
jarltreri chapter 2 . 2/14/2011
amazingly cute. your writing just keeps getting better!
Groupon chapter 2 . 2/14/2011
What is in this story that makes it so awesome?

Artemis and Jarlaxle? check, blood? check, guts? check, fluff? double check.

Thus my instant crazy love for this story.
Blaky-chan chapter 2 . 2/14/2011
Another awesome story from you, i love it. Mainly because its Artemis and Jarlaxle fluff and God knows the world needs more Artemis and Jarlaxle fluff _

I also like your characterization of them they dont seem to be to OOC and their banter is definitively In-character and real.

So? Continue please!
VoteKingCrowley chapter 2 . 2/14/2011
Wow this was...adorable. In a very Artemis Entreri sort of way. I'm very impressed how you made a Artemis so open about his friendship and still not massively OOC. But really, it was very cute. I enjoyed it very much.
general zargon chapter 2 . 2/13/2011
Hehe, I have to say, you write Artemis/Jarlaxle banter really well, and I love this story. _ I liked how you wrote Artemis's speech, and Jarlaxle's reference to Artemis making a good paladin made me laugh. :D Please keep up the excellent work!