Reviews for Ghosts in the Machine
SheSaysCiao chapter 19 . 8/9
Hey! I'm an avid listener of the RTTP podcast and found out about this fanfiction through you guys mentioning it. I have to say that I really love this story - the AU aspect kind of even reminds me of Ghost Channel a little bit, though I'm not sure if you were actually going for that. I also love how you delve more into Sissi as a character, because all the development she had on the show was always erased by the RTTP, and that's not fair, lol. I really hope you find the time to update this soon because it's truly a masterpiece and I can't wait to read more if it.
The defenastrator chapter 19 . 3/17/2016
This fic is amazingly good. It makes me sad it may remain unfinished.
genious 7 chapter 19 . 10/25/2015
I really hope you continue this story; it's so far one of the better stories I've read on the fandom. In particular, I'm actually wondering how they'll find the exact location, unless Xana has being doing some major remodeling that makes it fairly obvious. I hope you can find whatever inspiration you're seeking for the last arc. Anyways, good luck with your story.
TechnoFusion chapter 6 . 10/13/2014
Leaving a review here as a sort of bookmark as I have to go to bed now. Still, this is really good! If it weren't for all the ties back to XANA and the additional stuff about Lyoko I'd suggest you change the names and try and get it published. It is that good. :D

Your characterization is flawless and I haven't noticed a single typo. You should be really proud of this!
tploy chapter 19 . 9/10/2014
Last update was 8/20/13 it is now 9/10/14 ... Is act 3 in progress and about to get posted anytime soon? ... it is a good story just don't forget that you have anxious readers patiently awaiting your next installment out here...
The Mighty Text chapter 19 . 5/8/2014
This story so far is amazing, will you ever continue it?
anon chapter 19 . 3/15/2014
is this discontinued?
Lalilala1357 chapter 19 . 8/21/2013
That was a *really* fast update.

The new monster names are much better—military-sounding, but we can still tell what they are. (I'm still cringing at how lame my suggestion was.)

Herb and Milly's late night conversation is scaring me. I can just imagine Milly in her raspy voice declaring that she will become "so big, and so strong" to get revenge on the whole world . . .

There's definitely something weird going on in Boulogne-Billancourt. Is XANA planning to wait until the gang enter Lyoko before it crushes them? (That sounds dumb, since it's not actually going to kill them.)

I was rewatching Code Lyoko with my sister, and it occurred to me that they won't have any of Jeremy's fancy weaponry. Considering that XANA seems to be pretty strong, Sissi and co. don't seem to stand a chance.

I'm glad you're writing a recap—I think I barely remember Act I. It'd definitely be useful to have everything cleared up before Act III begins.

Looking forward to the next act!
Blueblur2000 chapter 19 . 8/21/2013
OMG AMAZING NEVER EVER STOP WRITING THIS AWESOME STORY! Though I'm questioning who out of the gang is still alive and blah blah blah. You do good keeping me on the edge of my seat!
Duchess of Dorks chapter 19 . 8/20/2013
This chapter was absolutely fabulous, and I'm really looking forward to the next act. I wasn't expecting an update so soon so this made my day. You have created a dark engrossing world and added so much depth to the characters and details in general that it absolutely blows my mind. I hope the next chapter comes out soon. Keep up the fantastic work!
MaDmAN12435 chapter 15 . 8/18/2013
You mean to say that things have not happened yet? Damn, these things must be pretty intense.
MaDmAN12435 chapter 5 . 8/17/2013
Hmm. I don't think the way you described Yumi's condition before works well. It would be more logical to assume that she's completely conscious. Her mind is working, it's just that she can't control her body, like the nerves are severed, or at least blocked.
Did I get it right?
Anyway, this is an amazing story. Just... Amazing. I don't think I could even get nearly this good a story from any of my own stuff.
Lalilala1357 chapter 18 . 8/15/2013
Hmm, it seems that Act 2 is a lot shorter than Act 1—but I'm glad everything's moving so quickly!

It's kind of hard to believe that no one before Sissi figured out XANA's weak spot. The military has names for the monsters, so it must have fought them before—and I'm pretty sure at least one bullet must have hit a Kankrelat's Eye.

Well, at least when we get to Lyoko, everyone won't have to waste time being devirtualized constantly.

Keeping the monsters' names the same doesn't sit very well with me. I don't see how the military could know any of the Lyoko Warriors' names for the monsters, and I'm sure their own names would be much more technical-sounding. Maybe "bug-type materialized creature" for Kankrelats or something?

Anyway, this was a lot more intense than the past few chapters—I don't think my review is doing it much justice. Looking forward to the next installment!
cryptologicalMystic chapter 18 . 8/14/2013
For me, plotholes comprehension. Put a guide to the names at the beginning and you should be fine? IDK, still your opinion though.
tploy chapter 17 . 8/13/2013
If you have read 'No Dark Future to a Stranger' by 'The Dark Future', This story would make a great cross-over with his story as one of the possibilities of alternate realities where Xana seems to have won the war... except for Yumi's ability to cross over into herself. This would be a reasonable explanation of where the hopping Yumi is able to access this reality to wage the battle against xana...Just give it a thought and if it floats your boat just correspond with that story's author to set up collaborative story crossover ties... It might make for even better reading!