Reviews for By Any Other Name
Book girl fan chapter 1 . 4/26/2014
Don't keep Leon away from the computer, this was gorgeous! Well written, sweet, and in character. Plus, fluffiness! Three years old or not, a good story is immortal!
ObsessedwNarnia chapter 1 . 3/8/2014
One of my absolute favorite Jill/Eustace stories! Best part: "It would be less confusing that way, so that there wouldn't be two Jill Scru-er, I mean..." SO perfect! Eustace and Jill are very in character. I love everything about this story!
narniahannah chapter 1 . 5/7/2013
I'm usually not much of a fluffy person (though I have my moments), but I absolutely LOVED this!
I wasn't really sure about the Jill/Eustace ship, but you have made the ship 100% perfect and wonderful in my mind. :D :P

Bravo, Leon! ;)
hannah!
Sauron Gorthaur chapter 1 . 2/20/2013
Hehe, you do have to wonder if something like this occurred before “The Last Battle,” don’t you? It certainly seems like they quarrel less in the last book. Perhaps it’s just that they’re older, but it’s more fun to imagine that something like this might have been going on between them… Anyway, this was very sweet and fluffy and made me feel warm and happy inside. It was well written, fun, awkward (in a good way), and adorable, and you wrote the characters of Jill and Eustace admirably.

Your writing is quite excellent. Not only did I see no errors (which is in itself a relief oftentimes on this website), but everything else about the writing was also great. You did an excellent job of dramatizing the characters so that I can picture them and their actions clearly, the writing itself is simple, clear, and concise, much like Lewis’ writing style, and the dialogue flowed naturally, not ever feeling forced or “written.” And in addition, you use a lot of strong, descriptive words that made the story both entertaining and vivid, words like “scribbled violently,” “victorious smirk,” and “amused glare.”

You also did a fine job of portraying the characters. Their friendly squabbling and half amused, half miffed attitudes toward each other was exactly like their interactions in the books. Eustace’s initial defensiveness about his name and his taunting of Jill with hers (even though now he is able to taunt in a friendly manner) were in character, as was his, um, shall we say, social awkwardness? Jill’s mischievousness, her slightly smart-alec answers like “Writing something,” and the way she verbally prods Eustace with her questions to find out how he feels about her were in character, as well.

I liked Eustace’s comment about his parents never naming him after a knight – so true, and Jill’s comment about naming a son Puddleglum made me smile. And I liked that the story comes around full circle, beginning with Eustace snatching his report away from Jill and ending with the opposite, but almost identical, situation. But of course, the scene stealing moment was Eustace’s slip-up. It was deliciously awkward and fluffy and delightful at the same time.

Very fun. I enjoyed reading this a lot, and it brought a nice spot of warmth into my life on a cold, dreary winter day. Thanks for sharing. Keep on writing!

-Sauron Gorthaur
Lost in Starlight chapter 1 . 9/17/2012
Loved it! One of the best Eustace/Jill fanfic I've ever read :)
Misty Blue chapter 1 . 8/29/2012
Haha! Oh, the name-game played in the field of young love. Nothing better! Well well, dear Eustace Clara . . . Hey, I love Eustace and he's one of my favorite characters. Which is why I think calling him 'Clara''s just so funny I super like it!

Oh, but wait a moment... I cannot forget dear Jill... or should I say, Violetta? Haha! I think that name so suits her. In a good way, of course!
USMA2020 chapter 1 . 8/23/2012
Very sweet. I enjoyed the story and the humor was, uhh interesting. But I really did like it.

God Bless You,
Ashleigh
97 Diagon Alley chapter 1 . 8/20/2012
well, credit where credit is due- Leon, that was quite lovely :)
Saoirse7 chapter 1 . 5/5/2012
Cute. Very cute. Humorous and sweet, all at the same time. Their discussion about baby names defnitely takes the cake. :)
WildCitrusSunflower chapter 1 . 4/3/2012
I thought it was really good. Did C.S. Lewis write her name in one of the books or did you come up with it on your own?
Mychele O'Carrik of Clonmel chapter 1 . 2/4/2012
Hey there! I thought this story was Rlly cute! Don't listen to that Caspian. *Caspian is angry* woah! Hey, calm down...your highness... XD you're French, right? Your English is good!;) anyway, I'll deffinately be reading more of your fics. You rock!;D
LilyMaeve chapter 1 . 1/30/2012
IT'S SO FLUFFY! I liked it :)
LuMezenga chapter 1 . 1/17/2012
Uh, who's Leon...?

...

Fluff! It's so Eustace... It seems to me that he can't go through a conversation with Jill without blushing profusely!

...

'Violetta' is not that bad... 'Clarence' definitely is.

-LuMezenga

P.S.: I like the fluff! Keep it coming, will you?
The Hobbit's Rhapsody chapter 1 . 12/27/2011
I'm only sort of on the Jill/Eustace ship, but this was excellent. I actually caught my breath when Eustace blurted the line about two Jill Scrubbs! Overall, well-played!
SimpleSong14 chapter 1 . 9/18/2011
"Perhaps 'Lucy Jill Scrubb' would be best. It would be less confusing that way, so that there wouldn't be two Jill Scru—er, I mean…": the most perfect Jill/Eustace moment :P This is so adorable, that I have to add it to my favorites. Those two are simply perfect together, as friends or as a couple! Great job, by the way :) I hope you keep writing.