Reviews for Unrequited
Georgshadow chapter 1 . 11/2/2012
I’m sure it must be obvious how I was inspired by this one in my own interpretations of the characters. I admired the way you wrote Buz so much, the way you were able to really capture that brooding, troubled personality. If you ever get too frustrated with the Mark VII crew I really think you ought to give writing Route 66 fanfic another shot. To be perfectly honest, I would certainly like to see more slash from you, but even if you never write slash again, I just think that your ‘voice’ is so perfectly brooding and heavy on the internal dialogue. You capture the show’s slight noir edge and sharpen it into something really beautiful.
Aconitum-Napellus chapter 1 . 3/14/2012
Oh my god, this is so good and so sad all at once. I haven't watched loads of Route 66 yet - got into it through falling in love with Peter Graves and buying season two to see his episodes. But it's the most beautiful programme and you've caught the language and spirit of it wonderfully. But god, it's so sad...
Sassy Lassie 51 chapter 1 . 2/18/2011
At first I wasn't sure if I should review, since I realize that the review I posted to your current Adam-12 story was rather harsh in terms of the other writers on that site, but then I decided that I would go ahead and review because you are a DAMNED good author and good authors like you should be encouraged to continue writing. Route 66 was one of my favorite shows when I was young, I adored Martin Milner, and it's nice to see a couple of fanfics here for that realm. I find it interesting that you wrote from Buz's point of view rather than Tod's for this piece, as you usually write from Pete's point of view in your Adam-12 stories. However, you did very well as far as portraying Buz's emotions and secret love for Tod, and even though I don't care much for slash, I did enjoy this storyline very much, it was very lyrical and moving, and the ending was such a surprising twist that I had to read this story twice to make sure I read what I thought I read. You definitely have a wonderful way with words, turning a phrase or describing a scene so vividly that the reader can "see" it in their mind, and the way you painted the story here, it was very canon with the original characters and tone of the show. I look forward to enjoying any future Route 66 stories you have planned, in addition to enjoying your Adam-12 stories. I apologize for offending you and the other writers on the Adam-12 site by my review I posted there, I will take care not to do that again, I promise.
Li'lRedVette chapter 1 . 2/17/2011
Someone suggested I check your story out and I'm glad I did, it was fantastic! Great job in capturing the characters and the feel of the show! Got any more Route 66 stories planned?
Route Golden Oldie chapter 1 . 2/17/2011
Hey, nice to finally see some fanfics popping up for one of my all-time favorite shows, Route 66! I loved this show as a kid, and my sister and I used to pretend she was going to marry George Maharis, while I wanted to marry Martin Milner and we both argued over who got to marry Glenn Corbett, LOL! While I'm not a big fan of slash in general, I love what you've done with this story, how you've gotten into Buz's head and portrayed his feelings for Tod, especially considering that in real life, Maharis was gay. It was very emotional and moving, and I actually cried in a couple of spots. The ending was a wonderful twist that the reader doesn't really see coming until that final line. Nicely done piece overall, and I hope you have more Route 66 stories planned for the future! In the meantime, I'll check out your Adam-12 stories too!
plws chapter 1 . 2/16/2011
you nailed the show perfect. I like that you did Buz point of view which met George Maharis life. The end got me, I cryed. Buz is my favorite. Please write more.
The Delirium Threemen chapter 1 . 2/15/2011
Amazing. You put a lot of work and effort into this piece (you do that with all your stuff). Loved the back story on Buz and Tod. Great ending too (even though I'm not generally crazy about character death).

Always a treat to read your stories.

TDT
JackWebbFan chapter 1 . 2/15/2011
Oh my GOD, I did NOT see that ending coming! I'm totally blown away! What a wonderfully written story this was...very moving and honest to God, you made me bawl, which is pretty hard to do, since most fanfics fail to touch me in that way. You have a very beautiful way of writing, it's extremely poetic and eloquent, but you've also got that hard-edged darker feel to your work that keeps it from turning too sappy or maudlin. I love how you've gotten into Buz's head and described his angst so well as he secretly yearns for Tod, but knows that he cannot reveal his true feelings for him, nor can he reveal his illness to him because he's afraid of how Tod will react. The depth of Buz's emotions is startling and amazingly drawn, along with Tod's reactions and revelations that he knew how Buz felt about him all along. I feel that this actually could have been a Route 66 episode (save for the slash angle), and you've captured the feel of the show and the characters so perfectly here. This series happens to be another one of my all-time favorite shows and it's really nice to see you try your hand at writing in this realm for a change. I think the show suits your unique style very well and I definitely hope you have some more Route fanfics planned, since this seems right up your alley. Of course, you never fail to disappoint in whichever fandom you write for, because you KNOW how to craft a grippingly great read that keeps the readers glued to their seats! ;)
Cruelest Sea chapter 1 . 2/15/2011
First of all you should know I never touch slash with a ten foot pole. But I'm so starved for R66 fic that I snuck a peek anyway.

For some reason I couldn't stop reading it and although I skipped a line here and there I could handle it better than most slash due to the delicate way of handling the subject manner as well as the actor's sexuality in real life.

You actually made me cry, you've nailed the characters so well. Beautifully written with the aching feel of the show and the not-picture-perfect endings the episodes seemed to do so well.

All I can say is, please please please write some gen Route 66. I'd be grateful forever.:D