Reviews for As If In Uncertainty
demonwindy chapter 1 . 4/22/2013
Nice work!
dayday13 chapter 1 . 2/7/2012
Very well written! Please continue!
Hematophagous chapter 1 . 11/7/2011
Oh goodness, this is beautiful.

So canon and so well written and just-

You win all the rewards.

All of them.
Scrapl R.aflett chapter 1 . 10/19/2011
Why is this so awesome?

It was like hot at first

and funny at bits

and kinda sad at the end

and I really really liked it
Aneka chapter 1 . 10/4/2011
I beg of you, please. Continue.
Hattersglasschild chapter 1 . 9/22/2011
Le gasp! I love you! 3

This pairing doesn't get enough love
Manisoke chapter 1 . 7/12/2011
Aaaaw, thats the first fanfic Ive read in a loooong time that has

1. Caught me off guard and

2. Made me actually feel some sort of emotional investment. I teared up a little bit at the end xD haha, and I'm not even an Eridan fan.

Equius may not despise lowb100ds canonically as much as you showed him to, but I think that portraying it that way greatly enhanced your story. It was fantastic~

I loved all the awkward moments xD

Haha, man, I totally sympathized with Equius having his super secret handcuffs of loneliness... Ive had moments like that...

Great character depth. :)

I ususally dont go out of my way to review fanfics ((mostly because I don't have any helpful writing experience, haha)) but I really wanna say thank you for writing this. u It made me unspeakably happy~
babblebuzz chapter 1 . 6/20/2011
roxxihearts chapter 1 . 5/23/2011
how depressing :( I saw another review pointing out some things, rather brusquely i'd say, that i thought were a teensy bit off but other than that, LOVE it! idk about the category "drama/humor" though. I don't really see this as a comedy! more like a hurt/drama/angst thing goin on
Farla chapter 1 . 5/7/2011
[ in my head-canon, Eridan is about eighteen and Equius is nineteen, pushing twenty. ]

...why? They're all the same age in canon.

Um. As the first troll game showed, Equius is fine getting bossed around by Karkat. He thinks it's depraved, but he's certainly not furious about it, just embarrassed he likes being bossed around by someone low.

[Had any other troll touched Equius' horn like that, he would have cheerfully punched a hole through their spine for their brazen assumption, ]

Aradia beat the shit out of him and then they made out. Equius is really, really not a dominant guy. It's not that highbloods are an exception, he's like that to everyone, he just prefers highbloods because he's hung up on the caste system. And he's spent much of his life trying to have enough control not to punch holes in things.

[Most trolls, when visiting another's private living area, were shy about it, hesitant, taking care to avoid offense. ]

...I really can't think of any of the trolls "taking care to avoid offense" at all. They're /trolls/. And they quite gleefully messed each others' homes up at the beginning of the game.

[clown-faced highblood and his little crippled moirail ]

A moirail isn't a friend, it's a calm troll paired with an aggressive one to keep them in check. Both Gamzee and Tavros were extremely calm even for trolls, they wouldn't be moirails.

You have the Equius-Eridan dynamic down fine, but everything else is terribly off.

I like the ending of this. It's a bit abrupt, but different than usual while still making sense for the characters.
ckret2 chapter 1 . 4/10/2011
This is just about the most fascinating, well-written, and IC sex scene I've ever read, and it didn't even have sex. Absolutely amazing writing-you captured both their characters perfectly, and not just the obvious bits necessary for this story (the fact that Equius likes being demeaned by highbloods and the fact that Eridan likes demeaning lowbloods), but also Equius's tendency to get pissed at everything and Eridan's tragically abysmal self-esteem. And also-something that not many writers manage to do-you don't shove aside the story for the sake of OMG TEH HAWTNESS. It's got incredibly awkward exchanges and embarrassment and buckets of sweat and a bleeding nose and it ends in tears, and it's fantastic.

I love the whole thing, but I especially like Eridan's breakdown at the end; it's so appropriate, and it actually makes more sense for everything to end in disappointment-for Eridan, Equius, AND the readers-than for there to be any sort of happy ending. The ending has the opportunity for a perfect (and potentially contrived) hurt/comfort moment, but it can't even be that, which just makes it all the more tragic.

I stumbled across this because I was actually looking for Equius/Eridan, and you managed to capture all the potential behind it that made me interested in it in the first place-not only the parts of their personalities that would compliment each others, but also the parts that would chafe against each other. If I wasn't a fan before reading this, it definitely would've converted me. Excellent work.
w chapter 1 . 2/20/2011
read this at 2 in the morning.

My reactions in order: