Reviews for Darkness Paths
Snarkoleptic chapter 1 . 11/21/2011
Awww, who says taint isn't fluffy?

Okay, that just sounded creepy. Let's move on.

The way the interactions are written in the Dalish origin always made me think of Tamlen as someone Mahariel only patrolled with because that's where the keeper sent her. There's such a discordant feeling between the two for me that, again, the context for this story is something I wouldn't ever have considered.

And in spite of all that, hearing whispers of Ruck's mannerisms in Tamlen made the imagery that much stronger. Strong enough, in fact, that I wondered at first if you might not be writing Ruck's POV.

Again, absolutely amazing.

I was already bouncing at my seat at the opinions you had to offer in your reviews on my story. Now that I'm seeing the scope of your talent, I think I might need to take a pill before I break the chair.
L. Century chapter 1 . 8/21/2011
So, I'm making it a point this week to go around to various Cheeky Monkeys and reading and reviewing. I especially want to look at your work since you said that you spend alot of time setting scenes, but leave dialog. I am terrible with setting up the scene and with fighting scenes, so I wanted to read your work to help me improve. This piece really struck a cord, though. You can't help feel for Tamlen and the hopelessness of his situation, especially if you've played the dalish elf origin. (Because you know his eventual fate). It's also beautiful that she realizes he's loved her right before his death. Beautiful that he can have just a little peace in knowing his heart's desire knows what he feels for her.
Lady Cailan chapter 1 . 2/26/2011
Tamlen! Yes! I thought so. :) Very sad story, but beautiful too.
NuitNuit chapter 1 . 2/23/2011
This piece is absolutely painfully beautiful (that's a lot of lys there, but hey...worth it). Love love love the way you described Tamlen's PoV as a shade.

Very very nicely done.
Queen of Loopholes chapter 1 . 2/18/2011
First DA fic I've ever read. And I'm so glad that's the case. I was reading summaries and wondering if it was even worth it.

Love love love this fic. Adding it to my favorites right now.
Pirate Ninjas of the Abyss chapter 1 . 2/16/2011
Very well done, thats also quite original. Great display of him following her and the love he has motivating him.
Ygrain33 chapter 1 . 2/16/2011
Poor Tamlen... A wonderful little piece.
T.R. Hunter chapter 1 . 2/15/2011
Interestingly I thought the narrator might be Ruck too… and was pleased to find it is Tamlen. Both are dark, lost souls and this story handles that very well - including the lovely suspense of wondering who the narrator is.

I like how the other characters are there, but kept at a distance from the reader as they are from Tamlen, who is focused only on his love. The present tense also works well in this case.

It is a very intimate story to he handled in third person - and handled this deftly is works well, emphasizing the distance between the Tamlen who was and the Tamlen who is.
millahnna chapter 1 . 2/15/2011
Weirdly, for a split second, I thought the narrating character was Ruck. Go figure.

And nicely done.