Reviews for Forging Destiny
Mark chapter 19 . 4/23/2020
'On purpose' but 'by accident'. Don't ask me why the difference; it just is. I only mention it to you because you are not a native English speaker—though you write it better than I can write any of my acquired languages. I have given up trying to teach our world basic grammar and vocabulary. In the case of non-English writers, I am more than a little in awe of your skill. I used to work with immigrants from Greece and Russia and was always re-assuring them that their ability was equal to and often better than that of people born here. Our students graduate high school and have had next to no language training. When they reach university, they are often required to take remedial English. It is sad that we have to put students at that level into what is comparable to 'English as a Second Language'. I ignore most of your infelicities knowing, as I said, that your ability with my language exceeds my accomplishments in French, for instance, even after five years high school and two years university study. In any case, I'm enjoying your story. In fact, I think I may have read it previously!
CelestialWings65 chapter 38 . 4/13/2020
Absolutely love this! I love how Sirius saved Harry and how their lives are changing! Although Dumbles is annoyingly evil and I just want to kill him in the most painful way but it's fine! Sirius will make sure that he pays for what he's done to the wizarding world and to Harry and himself! Fuck you Dumbles!
Guest chapter 19 . 4/10/2020
Honestly I prefer stories were he branch’s out from Ron and hermione and honestly I’m not a fan of combining technology and magic.
Guest chapter 16 . 4/10/2020
You want to know what’s funny and incorrect about your assumptions on divination. Only prophecy’s cause one to fall into a trance it’s the fact that she produced the prophecy about Voldemort that she was accepted as a professor. But seers also make predictions all the time and many of her predictions turned out to be true.
Guest chapter 10 . 4/10/2020
You do realize that no family vault would have near the amounts that they have. Some of those causers had roughly 500 million galleons seriously? For starters there is no reason why any of said vaults would have that much cause once there is no available hero or lord after a certain period of time the assets would be liquidated and spread to all relatives outside of said line. Also due to wizard population being only in the tens of millions it is in no way justified for that many vaults to have that much moneyx
Guest chapter 6 . 4/10/2020
Honestly people need to really think about snape for a second both dumbledore and snape both knew Voldemort would eventually return. When he did snape was going to have to be a spy again is reputation amongst the pure bloods couldn’t be bad so he needed to show favoritism towards them. Snape by his own nature is a very impartial person and value competence over status.
Guest chapter 2 . 4/10/2020
Accidental magic and wandless magic are two completely different things. Also can we please acknowledge that wandless magic is in no way superior to wand magic. Wands allow a proper level of control without having to sacrifice most of the power behind it. To actually make a wandless spell equal to a spell with a wand it takes days if not weeks of practice to actually match it. Even then complex spells are nearly impossible without extensive talent and years of practice.
phoebuscat chapter 17 . 4/6/2020
Your spelling and grammar really are atrocious! "Sweat spells"? Like, come on! Sweaty spells? I like your story, but your lack of care is distracting!
Eluvia Umbra chapter 5 . 3/31/2020
Well, why do I have the nagging feeling that the old goat fucked around wih Severus' life as well as many others? It's awfully handy to have the youngest Potions Master around to do his bidding... Nevermind that Sev is the last Prince from I could gather and yet he doesn't use that name for some reason. Eileen was said to be disowned but noboby said the same applies to him. I wouldn't be surprised if the old bastard stole from or blocked unknowing people from getting titles or fortunes that belonged to them so that they didn't get in his way with newfound financial or political power...
Janie Robinson chapter 22 . 3/30/2020
Way to go Harry and Sirius! Loved it.
Janie Robinson chapter 21 . 3/30/2020
Loved it
csheila chapter 27 . 2/27/2020
Great tria. Standout among the many I have read
csheila chapter 26 . 2/27/2020
Interesting plots points. Loved how you took time to show struggle to take ministry
csheila chapter 22 . 2/26/2020
Love it
csheila chapter 20 . 2/26/2020
Great chapter. Shows power of persuasion and groups
2,819 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 .. Last Next »