Reviews for An Emmy for Mister Burke
wotumba1 chapter 1 . 8/9/2012
LOL certainly not a bad thing to be on the same side as peter

good story!
Sotobow chapter 1 . 3/3/2011
Awesome story! Loved it!

It was creepy because of the role Peter had to play, but I loved Neal's thoughts on who Peter is as a person, and on the side of him that's unexpected and incredibly talented.

Peter is an interesting character to me, and I like how he works with Neal's character.

I think sometimes people forget just how skilled Peter is, like you said, when they see his everyday self with the mug and the dog and his "fights" with his wife (seriously, so not even a fight, lol).

Wonderful analysis of Peter! It's going on my favorites list. :D
simply anonymous chapter 1 . 2/26/2011
interesting... :)

nice job Nightsmoke!
anonymouse chapter 1 . 2/24/2011
Is it sad that I got totally sidetracked by the Trader Joe's reference? (god, I love their steak sauce and waffer cookies) Anyway, it was so awesome to see some good realistic FBIPeter for once. Almost everyone focuses on Neal, and while Caffrey is a darling, Peter doesn't get enough love in this fandom. Way to go!
Aspen Starlight chapter 1 . 2/17/2011
This was a very interesting one-shot! It's completely true that like Neal, we don't really think about Peter going undercover. The one thing that really impressed me with this story though, was your storytelling. You've covered a lot, in a very little number of words, which can be quite hard. Overall, it was a very good story! :)
last1stnding chapter 1 . 2/16/2011
Wonderful to see a story spotlighting Peter's talents for a change. Even if it is on the chilling side. Something tells me this role might take a toll on him though. Great job.
Harm Marie chapter 1 . 2/16/2011
I really liked the detail you put into this.
MaraudingSnitch1314 chapter 1 . 2/16/2011
Very nice and interestingly unique. You did a wonderful job of showcasing just what Peter means when he says to Neal "You underestimate me." Great work!
marlowe jennings chapter 1 . 2/16/2011
Yep. This was creepy on so many levels. But it was awesomely written. :) I loved it. I'm a HUGE Peter Burke fan (Neal, too, but still) and I loved how you brought out how he could con others, too, convincing enough for even Neal Caffrey to be a bit shaken.

Loved it. It was great.
Lisa Paris chapter 1 . 2/15/2011
Great piece, and a timely reminder that Peter for all he can be Mister Vanilla, is a really dark horse underneath.

I get impatient with fics which depict him as some sort of straight man or adjunct to Neal's greater or slicker abilities. He is as you deftly remind us, the only man to catch Neal twice!

Nice writing, too. Creeped me out . . .
Ultracape chapter 1 . 2/15/2011
Wow, I think I'm as creeped out as Neal. You barely had Peter say more than two sentence in the role and yet, seeing him through Neal's eyes was really scary.

What would be interesting would be to see how both Peter and Neal deal with Peter's coming out of the role.

In his roles' let's face it, Neal hasn't had to do anything he hasn't done before except maybe play a murderer, which creeped him out as well.

Peter as the Peacemaker was, well, WOW but he only had to play him for a few minutes and as you said, Mozzie was feeding him the lines.

But this is just so creepy, Peter needing to get out of that head space and dealing with what he had to deal with would be something. Then Neal seeing this...

Anyway it creeped me out, which was good.
govgal chapter 1 . 2/15/2011
Loved that you added the part about Satchmo. That was a great episode! Of course Peter's reaction when Neal calls Elle and invites them to dinner was priceless!