Reviews for Take Us Away
Vilinye chapter 1 . 3/3/2011
Wow...that is absolutely amazing. You did a good job at connecting with us fellow Whovians. This is definately very high on my list of favorites.
Prone To Obsession chapter 1 . 2/19/2011
This was great and perfectly describes the enduring quality of Doctor Who; it lets us be taken away if just for an hour at a time.
Brownbug chapter 1 . 2/16/2011
Ohhhhhh, loved it! Me, me, me - take ME, Doctor, LOL!

You did a great job of this, you expressed it so beautifully. Well done!
LexieBird chapter 1 . 2/16/2011
This waas lovely, and more fan fiction-y than I thought it would be.

As lovely as it was, I wonder how much of it is true. I've wanted to be an astronomer since I was about 6 years old - not inspired by Doctor Who, I only discovered it about a year ago - but I was always adamant that I wanted to be an astronomer, not an astronaut. Being an astronaut was just far too dangerous to me, even as an adventurous six-year-old. So I wonder now if I'd take the chance, as I wish I would, and how many people out there would regretfully stay home with me.
MayFairy chapter 1 . 2/15/2011
this was totally amazing and so totally true. it was really cool.
Donteatapples chapter 1 . 2/15/2011
Omg... That's me! Congrats to you
domina tempore chapter 1 . 2/15/2011
This was beautiful. I don't think that I've ever read anything quite like this before, but as always you've captured something. The essence of the Doctor and what he does to people and means to people...that's all here. I love it.
221b-whovian chapter 1 . 2/15/2011
Oh my gosh you've described me perfectly! I have never wanted anything more than I want the tenth doctor to appear in his blue box and take me away. I tell you what, this was awesome!
Ace of Gallifrey chapter 1 . 2/15/2011
You have made my day with this story. You took that song that's in the heart of all of us Whovians, the fiery, beautiful dream of the stars, and you set it in words because in the end, that's what we DO... we write down the most beautiful dreams. We catch the starlight and silver it up in our ink and we send it flying out in the hopes that someone else will find it and light up and pass the light on... that's what Whovians do. That's who Whovians are. And you wrote about it. Just brilliant!
Romana2 chapter 1 . 2/15/2011
I like it. only some of it sounds like me lol.

I definite wish for the 10th or the 8th Doctor to sweep me away. I do spend too many hours coming up with Doctor who ideas.
Temporal Austenite chapter 1 . 2/15/2011
This is a beautifully written story, and every word is a treasure. I loved it and, I'll admit it is so true that I was hit with the feeling immediately-every time I wished, every quiz with a time machine on the back and every single quote-I teared up. The sentiment is...fantastic.
JuliaAurelia chapter 1 . 2/15/2011
"Because all we want is to be taken away. If there is even the smallest chance that there is more to life than TV dinners and rap music, we will take it. Death doesn't matter. You would chance it if it meant a life in the TARDIS."

Yeah. Yeah, that's the truth, on bad days, on so-so days, and even on good days, sometimes.

Good work with this one.
mericat chapter 1 . 2/15/2011
Lovely short story that describes most fangirls and boys... even those of us in our 6th decade.
ElizabethWho chapter 1 . 2/15/2011